Thread: MOTU Vinyl Soda coming from Funko

MOTU Vinyl Soda coming from Funko

Those Funko Soda He-Man and Skeletor figures were just officially announced.
    Interesting that they went Slime Pit He-Man for the alternate color chase instead of Faker this time.

From Funko:

Introducing for the first-time ever, our newest line: Limited Edition Funko Vinyl SODA!
    Included with each SODA can is a 4.25" vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant.

He-Man - Limited Edition of 10,000 pieces.
    Skeletor - Limited Edition of 10,000 pieces.

Click here to see the original article on Funko.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I do like those Soda cans, they should do one of Orko
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I really dislike He-Man’s expression. He-Man never was a Dreamworks character so why give him the dumb Dreamworks face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Bl...=youtu.be&t=45

Honestly, I was expecting an actual can of soda with a free guy alongside it. Like He-Man Orange and Skeletor Grape or something. Still kind of a neat idea.

I kinda like the Skeletor, but honestly I'm starting to get burned out on the various stylized incarnations of characters that companies (mostly FUNKO) keep throwing at us. I only "need" so many in my collection. I mean, between He-Man and Skeletor, I already have MOTUC, Loyal Subjects, Pint-Sized Heroes, Funko POPs, and VNYL figures. I'm not sure how the market can keep supporting so many different styles of the same characters.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I kinda like the Skeletor, but honestly I'm starting to get burned out on the various stylized incarnations of characters that companies (mostly FUNKO) keep throwing at us. I only "need" so many in my collection. I mean, between He-Man and Skeletor, I already have MOTUC, Loyal Subjects, Pint-Sized Heroes, Funko POPs, and VNYL figures. I'm not sure how the market can keep supporting so many different styles of the same characters.
    But you don't have to buy all of them, its nice to have a choice. If you don't buy it, someone out there will. At the end of the day it's spreading the word about MOTU, which can only be a positive thing.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I've pre-ordered one each...honestly more for the cans than the figures, but that's fine.

I'm admittedly a sucker for this kind of stuff but I don't really need any more characters after these ones...though I would love Battle-Cat and Panthor versions the most.

Seems like the line in itself is starting to slowly creep into Hot Topic and BoxLunch stores now. I haven't seen anyone showing off having any of the MotU-based ones, but just a heads up that the line is active now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    Oh man, Slime Pit He-Man definitely swooned me a little, but now Disco Skeletor?! These people are fiendish.

I really like these! I don't have the chase variants yet (I do want the Slime Pit He-Man) but I've picked up the other four and reviewed them. They're quite nice so long as you like the stylized look, which I do. I'm also really a fan of the cans. They're very sturdy and make for an excellent display piece on the shelf. I've reviewed four of the releases so far:

He-Man

Skeletor

Disco Skeletor

Faker

I really hope we see some new sculpts for this line later this year. I have a feeling these are only going to hit the tippy top of the A-list characters, but we'll have to see.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I really need that Moss Man !

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I really need that Moss Man !
    Yup. And thanks to Funko most of us probably arent getting him lol.