Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2391

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmarshall View Post
    The stench of evil - Mondo-style!
    Just showed your pic to the Mondo guys and they loved it

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Has anyone had trouble with Mondo customer service? I have messaged them over 3 weeks ago regarding shipping for the Man-At-Arms exclusive. Got a response that it would ship "in a few days." 3 weeks later and now nothing. Now I cannot even get them to respond from their website contact or their Facebook. Any suggestions/ideas from the employees that post on here?
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Mondo is having a Mondo Happy Hour Toy Talk at 5pm CT. You can watch it live on their YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/MONDOSHOP
    Maybe there'll be some MOTU updates?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Court Magician
    Yeah, I saw the Mondo Happy Hour. It was interesting but didn’t show MOTU product.

They did, however, talk about next years releases. They said Keldor was due Feb/ March, Hordak June/ July and then She-Ra after that (don’t think they mentioned a date for She-Ra). They also said there were 2 more surprise releases due next year!!! A Halloween release, and another.

What was interesting about the surprise release was, someone asked the question if Scareglow and Skeletor would be re-released, and one of the Mondo guys said “You will get your wish” or something like that, which makes me think one of the surprise releases will be a new version of Skeletor - maybe Battle Armour?!!

It’s going to be an expensive year next year...

ARetroGeekDad
    It was more of a Godzilla happy hour than anything, but I'm glad we got our MOTU questions answered

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Yeah, I saw the Mondo Happy Hour. It was interesting but didn’t show MOTU product.

They did, however, talk about next years releases. They said Keldor was due Feb/ March, Hordak June/ July and then She-Ra after that (don’t think they mentioned a date for She-Ra). They also said there were 2 more surprise releases due next year!!! A Halloween release, and another.

What was interesting about the surprise release was, someone asked the question if Scareglow and Skeletor would be re-released, and one of the Mondo guys said “You will get your wish” or something like that, which makes me think one of the surprise releases will be a new version of Skeletor - maybe Battle Armour?!!

It’s going to be an expensive year next year...
    Thanks for the summary. I found the timestamp: https://youtu.be/Jg6RJ-_r9FI?t=3117
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Court Magician
    [QUOTE=aca1raven2002;3904301]It was more of a Godzilla happy hour than anything, but I'm glad we got our MOTU questions answered

Ha ha, yeah, it was a bit. Im not a massive Godzilla fan, but I found it interesting.

I hope that - with 5 figures potentially for next year - we could have a Mondo MOTU happy hour, talking about and showing off the products for the year.

What do you think?

I was just checking out the Mondo website and I noted they had 3 MOTU portraits that were for sale and have been sold out. Two were by the artist Mike Mitchell and one by Mike Saputo. Did any of you guys purchase one of the portraits?

I have the Mike Mitchell set framed on my display wall from the year my husband worked at Mondo. I think these were for SDCC that year, 2015 if I remember correctly?
    The Problem With Power print just wasn't grabbing me when I saw it in person at Mondo-Con that year... the composition looked a little messy (the overall image just seemed overcrowded and the colors weren't really doing it for me). The Mitchell portraits of Skeletor and He-Man are incredible in person.
    I'd always hoped Mondo would do more prints, but honestly- you should pick up the new Jigsaw puzzles... they're 20 bucks a piece and it's a cheaper and funner alternative to their prints on the aftermarket (there's only one set of Mitchell's on ebay right now and they're $300 for the pair). The packaging for the puzzles is good and sturdy-basically like having a poster of the artwork that's featured on the He-Man & Skeletor 1/6 figure boxes. Not to mention the puzzles themselves, which I still need to put together.
    I haven't looked them up in a while, but I want to say Mad Duck is a company that put out a TON of MOTU posters that might still be available- they did a nice repro of Earl Norem's Evil Horde group shot from the old magazines that I also have framed up. The quality of their prints is definitely on par with anything Mondo has released.
    Last edited by zodak74; November 18, 2020 at 08:54am.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Thanks I appreciate your feedback. You just swayed me into purchasing the jigsaws.

[QUOTE=Jonno;3904304]
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    It was more of a Godzilla happy hour than anything, but I'm glad we got our MOTU questions answered

Ha ha, yeah, it was a bit. Im not a massive Godzilla fan, but I found it interesting.

I hope that - with 5 figures potentially for next year - we could have a Mondo MOTU happy hour, talking about and showing off the products for the year.

What do you think?
    Five Mondo MOTU figures for next year? Wow! Last I knew, it was going to be 2-3. I know Hordak and Keldor are imminently on the horizon, and there are others that have been in the planning stages, like Trap Jaw and She-Ra. Five would be awesome (and admittedly expensive).
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

[QUOTE=wayne-klops;3904709]

Five Mondo MOTU figures for next year? Wow! Last I knew, it was going to be 2-3. I know Hordak and Keldor are imminently on the horizon, and there are others that have been in the planning stages, like Trap Jaw and She-Ra. Five would be awesome (and admittedly expensive).
    Yeah, I feel like this is still playing catch up from stuff that was announced or hinted at years ago at this point- I just really REALLY want them to do Evil-Lyn and Zodac at some point and don't want to be 76 years old if/when they happen. Out of what is planned for 2021, I think I'm only interested in trying to acquire She-Ra and Hordak. I'd be down for another October Scare Glow variant depending on what they could do with him (translucent GITD plastic? A new head sculpt? a MOTUbi version?).

Court Magician
    [QUOTE=wayne-klops;3904709]

Yeah, on the video they said Keldor, Hordak and She-Ra plus a Halloween surprise and another one. I think one of the surprise figures will be a Skeletor repaint - Battle Armor maybe.

[QUOTE=Jonno;3904864]
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Yeah, on the video they said Keldor, Hordak and She-Ra plus a Halloween surprise and another one. I think one of the surprise figures will be a Skeletor repaint - Battle Armor maybe.
    Truly, I cannot wait to add Hordak and She-Ra to my display!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

20201120_194410.jpg

We finished the He-Man puzzle last night at my parents' house. Between February when all this Covid mess started and now we've probably worked around 30-40 jigsaw puzzles. I love artwork on this one. It looked like it was going to be very difficult and while it's not easy, it's not as insanely difficult as expected it to be. The art looks great and I love the inclusion of a miniposter. With the poster and the image on the front and the back of the box all five of us were able to easily be able to see the image we were working on.

My complaint with the puzzle is that many of the pieces were damaged. Lots of bent and nicked edges and a few places where the layers were starting to separate right out of the box. The quality of the pieces seems a bit flimsier than what I'm seeing on most quality puzzles produced these days. The pieces stay together well but are fairly tough to disassemble, sticking together.

I have Skeletor as well but we haven't assembled him yet.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    20201120_194410.jpg

My complaint with the puzzle is that many of the pieces were damaged. Lots of bent and nicked edges and a few places where the layers were starting to separate right out of the box.

Almost all of the Mondo puzzles are like that. Sucks because the $ adds up when you buy from them. The MOTU seem the least worst of the damage out of all the ones I have.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmarshall View Post
    The stench of evil - Mondo-style!
    My dream figure! So awesome...well done.

I've stopped at Mer-Man and Scare Glow but...if any Mondos are listening...this would 100% pull me back in.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got the Mer-Man figure for my birthday last week, such an amazing figure! The details are insane, actually surprising.

I really hope we will get The Goddess, Teela and Beastman soon.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Got the Mer-Man figure for my birthday last week, such an amazing figure! The details are insane, actually surprising.

2022 at earliest. For 2021 Keldor, Hordak and She-Ra are announced.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

I'm curious if they would make a new "furry" style body for Beast-man and perhaps use the same body for other characters, like Stratos, or make a furry bodysuit for a regular human body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I'm curious if they would make a new "furry" style body for Beast-man and perhaps use the same body for other characters, like Stratos, or make a furry bodysuit for a regular human body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I think they said a 'beast' body was in the works... I could be misremembering though.

Changed to a new display

940CFBB5-480F-452E-BB45-D42B1776EECD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Cheers for uploading the picture, I love your setup, it looks fantastic.

Court Magician
    Hey, happy holidays to everyone.

If there are any of the Mondo crew on here, when can we hear anything about the 2021 slate? Would love to know of February is still when Keldor is due for release.

Personally Id love to know for budget reasons, but it would be lovely to have some news from you guys.

Hey, happy holidays to everyone.

If there are any of the Mondo crew on here, when can we hear anything about the 2021 slate? Would love to know of February is still when Keldor is due for release.

Personally Id love to know for budget reasons, but it would be lovely to have some news from you guys.
    Happy Holidays everyone

as far as I know the release date for Keldor is still the same, I saw the first painted samples a few weeks ago he is def in production right now!