Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,901 to 1,913 of 1913

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Still would love to hear an update on the Man-At-Arms sale date. He looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That, and they actually don't work very well with these figures... so there's ALL kinds of room for improvement!
    Yes, just basing my opinion off of He-Man…he's got some considerable weight to him and this figure stand is very thin and flimsy in comparison. Personally I'd have rather had a nice sculpted "Grayskull-type rocks" for the hero's base and a "Snake Mountain-type lava/rocks" for the villains INSTEAD OF the out of place FILMation Burbee and Relay. For the upcoming Hordak figure he'd look great on a tech inspired stand. I guess this is all a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking by me but…yeah…the stands are just meh. I'm getting Skeletor on Monday so I'll see how his weight compares to He-Man's in relation to the stands.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'd like to see an improvement made to the figure stands. Maybe something a bit more diorama-ish? With things to pop spare weapons onto or something like that.
    Agreed.

I don't even use the stands with my display... luckily, I haven't needed them for any of the Mondo figures so far.

For the most part, they stand pretty well on their own. BUT, I would love a stand that actually allows for dynamic poses.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Court Magician
    How would you guys feel about Slime Pit He Man or Anti Eternia He Man in this line?

Would you welcome them or do you think repaints at this price range are too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    How would you guys feel about Slime Pit He Man or Anti Eternia He Man in this line?

Would you welcome them or do you think repaints at this price range are too much?
    Nah, I'd save that stuff for the smaller scale lines- especially at the price point 1/6 scale figures go for. Not to mention, this line was announced 5 years ago and it's taken this long to get all of 5 unique characters released at this point (not counting Man-At-Arms, since he hasn't gone on sale yet). I'd rather the time and resources be used for unique characters.

Nah, I'd save that stuff for the smaller scale lines- especially at the price point 1/6 scale figures go for. Not to mention, this line was announced 5 years ago and it's taken this long to get all of 5 unique characters released at this point (not counting Man-At-Arms, since he hasn't gone on sale yet). I'd rather the time and resources be used for unique characters.
    Yep, I'd rather they concentrate on the core characters. Let's finish the 8-back figures first...

Heroic Warrior
    I don't follow TOO many 1:6 scale lines…but Mondo's development of the figures seems MAYBE on par with others. A few years back Quantum Mechanix announced their 1:6 scale line for Star Trek and since then they've managed to release 6 figures as well as the "prop replica" Captain's Chair. They've also shown 5 more figures in the pipeline. Having said that, Mondo's figures are inherently much more detailed and would require more development.

Now I'm pleased to say I finally received Skeletor today and he's definitely a scene steeler between him and He-Man. One change I'd make with him though is his hood…it should have had a fabric overlay to hide the neck. The character has a floating skull with a neck? I get that it's loosely based on the figures that have come before but that doesn't need to carry over at this scale.

I know people are clamoring for Duncan but I'm really anxious to see a more completed Hordak, with his accessories and cape. And just because there's the possibility that Mondo might see it I have to keep pining for Man-E-Faces. I think they'd do him true justice in this scale!
    Last edited by chuc98; June 1, 2020 at 07:23pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm still waiting on Fishface from BBTS. Guess this is the price you pay when you don't want to pay Mondo's crazy shipping prices.

I emailed BBTS a little over 3 weeks ago, because it is way past time with how long Mondo has been shipping him out if you ordered from them. Got email later that day, saying that their hands are tied because Mondo hasn't sent them yet. Then amazingly the next day got the 10 day notice. Still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I'm still waiting on Fishface from BBTS. Guess this is the price you pay when you don't want to pay Mondo's crazy shipping prices.

I emailed BBTS a little over 3 weeks ago, because it is way past time with how long Mondo has been shipping him out if you ordered from them. Got email later that day, saying that their hands are tied because Mondo hasn't sent them yet. Then amazingly the next day got the 10 day notice. Still waiting.
    I'm curious if the worldwide pandemic has impacted these companies more than I realize... I have had half a dozen figures on order from BBTS that I should have had in-hand over a month ago.

The worst part about it, is that I see people doing reviews of these figures on YouTube!! Hey! Those are supposed to be mine!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

I just received my Mer-man from Megalopolis yesterday. I'd imagine BBTS will get theirs soon.

I forgot to update that I finally received and opened Scareglow the other day.
    I know there's a few design elements I would have personally changed, but I also have to say- I LOVE HIM! Going to spend some time today redoing some shelves to display him, but he's both a great new addition to the Mondo MOTUverse and also works perfectly as it's own standalone "set piece". I can't decide whether to mix him with the other Mondo guys, or to put him in his own Scareglow display with all his other incarnations. "The Glow Shelf", I guess?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I just received my Mer-man from Megalopolis yesterday. I'd imagine BBTS will get theirs soon.
    I got my Mer-man from Megalopolis like a month ago, and BBTS still has their's listed as pre-order. I guess BBTS is slow getting stuff from Mondo.

Hey my friends! Hope all is well with everything going on the in the world. Just a quick update on me- I'm no longer with Mondo (as of April, actually). I'm all good, and have new things I'm working on. No idea where the Mondo line is going at this point, but here's to hoping they continue the line! It was a blast to work on, and was an honor to put my thumbprints on these wonderful characters (if they continue with the line, my grimy prints will still be seen in several designs to come). It was also awesome chatting/debating/goofing on Ram-Man with all of you! You all are rad! Who knows- maybe we'll do it again in the future