Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3252

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Happy that Scare Glow is coming early. Not happy that I paid 35 bucks in shipping and they use SurePost.

Christmas came early last night!
    Wasn't expecting Scareglow on my doorstep, but that made my Friday night.
    He's amazing in hand... has a nice, solid heft to him with super clean lines. Joints are all tight (but not "oh crap am I going to break this?" tight). The only thing "wrong" with mine is part of the wire that is in the collar on the cape has poked through the end, but I'm sure I can fiddle with it later and get it to go back inside where it belongs (or just trim the excess off).
    The box art, as per usual, is absolutely killer. I haven't checked to see if it too glows, but it looks quite vivid and pops right off the box.
    All in all a perfect release and the direction I wish they would take these figures in (yeah, I know it's a beefed up version of the classic toy, but that's also why this one is now my favorite!).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Uh, yeah...shipping notice yesterday evening! Did not expect that at all. Estimated arrival on the 15th.

Now I wasn't expecting to have pay import fees to DHL this month but...I'll take it!

Iím glad I returned to check this thread, I missed out on ordering scareglow directly because Mondo didnít send out an email prior to the drop but fortunately thanks to you guys updating us that scareglow is being shipped, I was able to work out a reasonable deal with a seller on eVilbay who got their shipping tracking from mondo

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    I’m glad I returned to check this thread, I missed out on ordering scareglow directly because Mondo didn’t send out an email prior to the drop but fortunately thanks to you guys updating us that scareglow is being shipped, I was able to work out a reasonable deal with a seller on eVilbay who got their shipping tracking from mondo
    I got an email on 10/19, but it was sent out at 12:05, 5 minutes after he dropped. And by then he was sold out. So a pretty pointless email lol. I mean, c'mon Mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Christmas came early last night!
    Wasn't expecting Scareglow on my doorstep, but that made my Friday night.
    He's amazing in hand... has a nice, solid heft to him with super clean lines. Joints are all tight (but not "oh crap am I going to break this?" tight). The only thing "wrong" with mine is part of the wire that is in the collar on the cape has poked through the end, but I'm sure I can fiddle with it later and get it to go back inside where it belongs (or just trim the excess off).
    The box art, as per usual, is absolutely killer. I haven't checked to see if it too glows, but it looks quite vivid and pops right off the box.
    All in all a perfect release and the direction I wish they would take these figures in (yeah, I know it's a beefed up version of the classic toy, but that's also why this one is now my favorite!).
    Any pics? Is he actually cast in gitd plastic for this version?

Court Magician
    Are the people getting Scareglow in now ones that paid in full or used the payment plan? I did the latter and no notifications. Im assuming thats why? Excited for you guys!
    I am no longer a widget.

Yeah I paid for the exclusive gray Hordak with the payment plan, so I'm assuming that's why I haven't heard anything yet until he's paid off.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside986 View Post
    Are the people getting Scareglow in now ones that paid in full or used the payment plan? I did the latter and no notifications. Im assuming thats why? Excited for you guys!
    I got the notification and should receive Scareglow today. I paid in full.

I managed to score the flaming skull head off Keldor from eBay. I think it looks great on the first release Mondo scareglow.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I managed to score the flaming skull head off Keldor from eBay. I think it looks great on the first release Mondo scareglow.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...614c7113ed.jpg
    That looks great. But I have to keep that head on Keldor, because the regular head is ugly.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Any pics? Is he actually cast in gitd plastic for this version?
    Yes, the figure itself and the extra hands are all cast in GITD plastic.

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

Widget
    Looks awesome. Thanks for the pics!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by cgdc View Post
    I got the notification and should receive Scareglow today. I paid in full.
    Ok cool. I think I got another 2 payments on it. Hopefully will hit me after that. Enjoy your skelly-boy!
    I am no longer a widget.

I received my Scareglow this morning. Overall, he is a solid figure and looks really good. One advantage that he has is that he doesn't have any extra armor, so he is able to stand up really well, which is often not the case with these Mondo figures. The one concern I have is with the cape - the string that goes around his neck to attach his cape is a really thin string, and I am unsure if it's going to hold up over time. I could see it easily breaking. I wish they would have used something more substantial to hold his cape onto his body.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

ARetroGeekDad
    I used the 4 payment plan for PayPal and mine was delivered today, the outside box was really beat up but I'm hoping the inner box is ok I'll have to wait till after work to check it though

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

-Edit-
    Checked him out the package had some minor dings on it, figure looks awesome so glad mondo redid him after the first one. So cool
    Last edited by aca1raven2002; December 8, 2021 at 08:54pm.
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Seeing these photos makes me so bummed that I'll probably never own this guy. Oh well. I'll just live vicariously through the pics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Seeing these photos makes me so bummed that I'll probably never own this guy. Oh well. I'll just live vicariously through the pics lol.
    Right there with you because he's already up over $400 on ebay
    Instagram: dadhausen

Widget
    D2289DC1-59DC-4A94-96E2-44DC1B4DD6CC.jpg
    5776939D-C778-4B00-A4C3-05A59291FBAA.jpg

I love the way he turned out. Very clean lines. I never could find him as a kid and missed out on MOTU Classics and again with the first version Mondo did.

Got the second Mondo Scare Glow. He's pretty cool once you spend time posing his cape. Lucked out with getting both directly from Mondo. I probably prefer this version to the other one I have. Will have to snap a new photo of the Scare Glow collection. Just need the regular MasterVerse version.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Hello everyone, for everyone who is interested I will be putting my copies of my MOTU Revelations print for Mondo online this Friday!
    Florian_MOTU_Lg_1024x.jpeg

I only have a small amount but they will signed and numbered and available through https://baymerch.com/collections/florianbertmer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Hello everyone, for everyone who is interested I will be putting my copies of my MOTU Revelations print for Mondo online this Friday!
    Florian_MOTU_Lg_1024x.jpeg

I only have a small amount but they will signed and numbered and available through https://baymerch.com/collections/florianbertmer
    Were you a fan of Geof Darrow?
    I am no longer a widget.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside986 View Post
    Were you a fan of Geof Darrow?
    Of course! Hard Boiled is to this day one of my top 5 comic books.
    Darrow is a legend!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Of course! Hard Boiled is to this day one of my top 5 comic books.
    Darrow is a legend!
    I can see his influence!
    I am no longer a widget.

Trap-jaw when?