Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3194

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Since I am only involved on the art side of things my insight into sales etc is limited....

Others have mentioned that Mondo has and always will be producing posters, records, toys that are extremely limited - so there will always be product that some people will miss out.
    What I do believe will happen is that over time characters will get re-issued. Those re-issued toys will look different from previous versions.

For instance: Let's say they decide to do MerMan again - They wouldn't do the same one as before he would most likely have a new head and colors based on the cartoon.
    So I guess what I am trying to say is just because a character has been done and is sold out doesn't mean he or she won't show up again.
    I'm just going to run with this now as irrefutable confirmation... WE'RE GETTING FILMATION BLUE MER-MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    I'm just going to run with this now as irrefutable confirmation... WE'RE GETTING FILMATION BLUE MER-MAN!!!

If they've done a Filmation Hordak and a Revalations Skeletor, I think it would be fun for them to make a cartoon version of Mer-man.....fun until they announced it was a limited edition of 500 pieces

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    If they've done a Filmation Hordak and a Revalations Skeletor, I think it would be fun for them to make a cartoon version of Mer-man.....fun until they announced it was a limited edition of 500 pieces

They've done a blue Hordak in their interpretation - I wouldn't really say it's a "Filmation Hordak."

But, that does bring up an exciting possibility- what if they did true Filmation styled figures in 12" scale? They showed with the Revelation Skeletor that they can nail an animated look. I personally think it would be an awesome companion to their stylized versions of MOTU characters to release ones in this scale that are Filmation accurate. It would help fill the void left by Mattel nixing Super7's Club Grayskull line.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    They've done a blue Hordak in their interpretation - I wouldn't really say it's a "Filmation Hordak."

But, that does bring up an exciting possibility- what if they did true Filmation styled figures in 12" scale? They showed with the Revelation Skeletor that they can nail an animated look. I personally think it would be an awesome companion to their stylized versions of MOTU characters to release ones in this scale that are Filmation accurate. It would help fill the void left by Mattel nixing Super7's Club Grayskull line.

I think first of all you can't call it Filmation due to the rights issue, secondly the Filmation versions have been done for MOTU classics by either Mattel or Super7. I would prefer something inspired by the cartoons instead of a one on one adaption, like they did with blue Hordak.
    Plus, at that scale I feel the "simplicity" of the vintage Filmation look might look odd or uninspired due to the lack of detail.

I think first of all you can't call it Filmation due to the rights issue, secondly the Filmation versions have been done for MOTU classics by either Mattel or Super7. I would prefer something inspired by the cartoons instead of a one on one adaption, like they did with blue Hordak.
    Plus, at that scale I feel the "simplicity" of the vintage Filmation look might look odd or uninspired due to the lack of detail.
    Agreed.

The main reason I love the Mondo line is that it has a real 200x vibe to it.

All I want is a fully articulated Imp, maybe Loo-Kee. After that, I'm happy.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I have all the PCS Filmation statues, which are bigger than Mondo figures, and I think the style still looks great at that size.

As I said, ai like Mondo reinterpreting the characters, but something like a Filmation accurate line that would come out alongside the "Mondo version" line would be awesome to me.

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Definitely fun. Definitely limited...

But I...I have simple tastes and would be really happy with just the existing Mer-Man in blue...maybe a few different accessories, head sculpt...but blue! I'm just a sucker for colour swaps and Mer-Blue is one of my favourites.

That being said, if anyone is listening...the BEST version of Mer-Man is...Stinkor! I NEED HIM

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I have all the PCS Filmation statues, which are bigger than Mondo figures, and I think the style still looks great at that size.

As I said, ai like Mondo reinterpreting the characters, but something like a Filmation accurate line that would come out alongside the "Mondo version" line would be awesome to me.

I agree with this.

Turned up today.

yours showed up before mine!
    Lol how is that possible? Iím in Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    hahahaha OMG

It looks great, what is it made of?

The outside feels like a rough almost unfinished ceramic. With a smooth ďlacquer?Ē that creates the dark shading. Itís hard to describe so I checked the website and it says itís stoneware ceramic.

I just noticed on the website that Florian designed it! Oh dude, itís freaking awesome!

Itís so cool, I want to use it constantly but Iím worried it will get damaged, Iím kinda considering buying a backup in case the unthinkable happens lol

The outside feels like a rough almost unfinished ceramic. With a smooth “lacquer?” that creates the dark shading. It’s hard to describe so I checked the website and it says it’s stoneware ceramic.

I just noticed on the website that Florian designed it! Oh dude, it’s freaking awesome!

It’s so cool, I want to use it constantly but I’m worried it will get damaged, I’m kinda considering buying a backup in case the unthinkable happens lol

yup, I designed it! Went through quite a few changes. The original was gonna be based on the OG Alcala Skeletor but that was way before the new show and everything.
    I use mine for all my pens on my desktop!

IMG_8285.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

ARetroGeekDad
    yup, I designed it! Went through quite a few changes. The original was gonna be based on the OG Alcala Skeletor but that was way before the new show and everything.

IMG_8285.jpg
    Interesting picture

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

IMG_8285.jpg
    Oh the pen holder is a great idea, probably a lot safer than using it as a daily drinking cupÖ.

I would love to see any Alcala tiki concept art if you have any and can share? Maybe a future project? Iíd definitely be up for another.

Just got a shipping notice for hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    Just got a shipping notice for hordak
    Same - Filmation color Variant version

Both of my Hordaks are on the way!

Anyone got the Mondo limited edition grey one on the way yet? I havenít heard anything

Anyone got the Mondo limited edition grey one on the way yet? I havenít heard anything
    I got a message that both versions, the grey and the blue, were sent out. I was sent 2 individual emails.

I got a message that both versions, the grey and the blue, were sent out. I was sent 2 individual emails.

Was yours the grey standard or exclusive limited edition with the extra accessories?

Was yours the grey standard or exclusive limited edition with the extra accessories?
    It was the Grey limited edition.