Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemescream View Post
    It means you'll have a few days or a week to put an order in for it, there won't be a sell out or a mad rush to beat scalpers.
    OK sweet. Thanks.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

These are stunning! I'm just not sure I have it in my budget for $200 a figure. Really very nice figures though!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

First, let me say I love these things! If I can afford them, I will definitely get as many of these as I can.

One small critique, and I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Havoc Staff seems a little on the short side to me. It shouldn't be looking eye to eye with Skeletor.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I wasnt going to get these but im impressed, and with classics sort of on hold for a bit until we get more of a direction and PCS stopping the statue line im going to get these and they will fit in my ikea glass cabinets nicely.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Does anyone know what type of packaging these will come in?

Seriously thinking about these instead of the statues now. That, or find a way to get all and hide them from my wife.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoc View Post
    Does anyone know what type of packaging these will come in?

Seriously thinking about these instead of the statues now. That, or find a way to get all and hide them from my wife.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Yeah, in the past, some of our exclusives have sold out way too fast, and while I love the press we get for that, I think ultimately I'd rather have more people have them. Also, having an exclusive encourages peeps to buy directly from us, which means more $$ for us, which means more chances of doing more figures for you!
    That sounds good. How easy will these exclusives be for us international fans to get?

Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Yeah, in the past, some of our exclusives have sold out way too fast, and while I love the press we get for that, I think ultimately I'd rather have more people have them. Also, having an exclusive encourages peeps to buy directly from us, which means more $$ for us, which means more chances of doing more figures for you!
    Sounds good! When I went to order the TMNT from you guys, the exclusives sold out in Matty-style time!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

The only thing I wasn't sold on was He-Man's face, but the video put my concerns to rest. He looks like a proper barbarian, but is still totally He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    The only thing I wasn't sold on was He-Man's face, but the video put my concerns to rest. He looks like a proper barbarian, but is still totally He-Man.
    Yeah, I really did that face too once I got used to it. These cannot come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Yeah, I really did that face too once I got used to it. These cannot come soon enough.
    I had no desire to start collecting another toy line, but these won me over FAST. These are absolutely the definitive MOTU figures to me.

I had no desire to start collecting another toy line, but these won me over FAST. These are absolutely the definitive MOTU figures to me.
    Yeah, same here. They are actually kinda unbelievable. A super high-end, super posable barbarian He-Man action figure figure is something many of us only dreamt of.
    Will definitely be selling some Hot Toys to fund these bad boys.

Wait. These are action figures???
    Now I want them.
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    Wait. These are action figures???
    Now I want them.
    Yes. 12", super posable, heavily articulated.

Here is an old video showing Skeletor's skull articulation (at about the 48 second mark):

These are growing on me. Oh boy, where am I going to put these? When will they be available?
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Is it me, but Alcala face looks very greenish? There was no green on Alcala's Skeletor that this clearly doing, MOTUC was very heavy on green too. I do not think it needs the green! I wish there was some hope getting that changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    These are growing on me. Oh boy, where am I going to put these? When will they be available?

I think pre order goes up around September.

I need these...
    Power flows to the one who knows. G1 Megatron

[QUOTE=BCI Guy;3682113]Yes. 12", super posable, heavily articulated.

Here is an old video showing Skeletor's skull articulation (at about the 48 second mark):

Not only did they articulate the jaw, but you can move his head INSIDE the hood? Oh man! Being unselfish and deciding not to get these makes me want to kick myself. Told my wife it's not fair for her to not get any of the Tonner dolls she likes and then I spend close to the neighborhood of $200 for 12" action figures. I looked at their TMNT figures, and they're awesome. I would love to see how they would handle more of MOTU if they were expand their line beyond He-Man and Skeletor.

I've said before the only thing I didn't like about He-Man was his face sculpt because it looks like he's got some puffy jowls. If they were to soften his features kinda like the Tweeterhead bust, he could still look like a tough guy and be more believable as coming from the same gene pool as She-Ra. At least that's what I liked about the Tweeterhead busts is how they do look like they can be twins not solely based on their hair color. It's at least something I try to consider when I make my wrestlers, but She-Ra usually ends up looking a little butch more than anything.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=wallbie;3684440]
    Yes. 12", super posable, heavily articulated.

Not only did they articulate the jaw, but you can move his head INSIDE the hood? Oh man! Being unselfish and deciding not to get these makes me want to kick myself. Told my wife it's not fair for her to not get any of the Tonner dolls she likes and then I spend close to the neighborhood of $200 for 12" action figures. I looked at their TMNT figures, and they're awesome. I would love to see how they would handle more of MOTU if they were expand their line beyond He-Man and Skeletor.

I've said before the only thing I didn't like about He-Man was his face sculpt because it looks like he's got some puffy jowls. If they were to soften his features kinda like the Tweeterhead bust, he could still look like a tough guy and be more believable as coming from the same gene pool as She-Ra. At least that's what I liked about the Tweeterhead busts is how they do look like they can be twins not solely based on their hair color. It's at least something I try to consider when I make my wrestlers, but She-Ra usually ends up looking a little butch more than anything.
    He-Man was not supposed to be a pretty boy. His vintage toy, and his first mini comic depictions, by Alcala and Texeira were anything but that. In my opinion, Mondo captured perfectly how He-Man would look if he was reimmagined in a more detailed action figure based on the original vintage toy.

As for the She-Ra connection, the earlier version of He-Man didn't have siblings, so if Mondo based their sculpture on this version make sense of him, look like a less handsome, battle hardened barbarian. And even in the case of the later He-Man, it's not necessary that two siblings look alike. For example Marvel's Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are twins, but their appearances, their features in general are completely different.

Any updates on the preorders?
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Any updates on the preorders?
    I just wrote them days ago and here is what they answered:

Hi Tony, thanks for reaching out!

At this moment, we do not have an exact date as to when they will be available for pre-order, but expect them to appear in the next two months! Be sure to follow our news; we will announce when they are available for pre-order.

The very best way to keep up with any upcoming releases, as well as any other announcements, is to sign up for our newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/4bM1P

If you have a twitter account, then you can also follow us on twitter @MondoNews, and if you have a Facebook account, https://www.facebook.com/mondotees is a good resource as well!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Best,

Roxy
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Thanks! That's helpful!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 23.15.22.jpg

Oh my god, Brock just posted a picture of Relay the manchine puppy on Instagram captioned 'In-progress of the most amazing collectible ever created'!

Will this come with one of the figures? Or be a separate item? I feel like it needs to be released in time for Christmas either way!

Edit: Brock just said he's going to come with 'his best friend' so my guess is that he'll be a pack in with Skeletor! If so, I just went from 90% buying it to 100%.
    Last edited by Fright Zone; October 12, 2016 at 06:24pm.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

When I first heard about this I was excited but also "Hmm... how is that going to look?"
    Now that I've seen it, it's ridiculous and I love it!
    I can hear Skeletor already... "I am NOT nice!!!"