Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Where are the pics?
    I saw the pics of their TMNT line. Damn awesome. So I can only assume the MOTU will look good.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I look forward to seeing pics, but no matter what I will probably have to pass due too limited space and finances. I just can't afford everything.

I am happy to see all of this MOTU goodness though.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing these!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

The pics of He-man & Skeletor will be revealed at their booth during the course of the con. Actual prototypes are planned to be shown at their own Mondo-Con, the first weekend of October. The Turtles came out really good, and I don't even care for Ninja Turtles. We can expect some top quality stuff from their Masters offerings, for sure!

What do you guys think the reason is for this explosion of MOTU items (not from Mattel) all at once? Why now? I’m a little overwhelmed.

If I had to guess, part of it might be a way for Mattel to generate some $$$ without necessarily taking the risk on producing these types of items (12" figures with lots of detail, high-end statues, '80s throwback stuff a la the Super7 offerings, t-shirts, art prints... etc etc). It could be a change in mindset from the folks handling Masters at Mattel... instead of having a death grip on everything, maybe they've realized there's more exposure for the brand as a whole if they let some other companies dip their toes in and play in the water?
    It could be the movie really IS going to happen soon... I mean, by the time most of these items are actually hitting the streets, it's going to be late 2016 or 2017... at that point filming very well might have wrapped and a release date locked in.
    I also think there are some hardcore MOTU fans at these smaller companies... people who want to get in on the MOTU action because this is the sort of stuff that THEY would like to purchase if it were already available...
    It IS kind of crazy and definitely overwhelming, though! I'm excited, but I can't (financially) keep up... the first time ever where there's been SO MUCH MOTU product that you can kind of kick back and pick and choose select items, rather than gobble up every single thing that comes out (like I've been prone to doing with the Mattel action figures).

It might be that they realized that trying to capitalize on the franchise all by themselves was meeting with mixed results? Or, maybe the movie really is ramping up and they'll have something nice to announce along those lines at PowerCon, which is making everyone more interested in getting in there and licensing the property.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Check out their blog for more items relative to our interests here
    http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/4566...dule-live-blog

Mods... maybe we change the title of this thread to something akin to MondoMOTU? Since they're doing more with the MOTU license than just action figures
    Last edited by zodak74; July 9, 2015 at 06:48pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like the price on the TMNT figures are about $150ea... not terrible, but still pretty nasty if you want to collect a line.

If they loaded up on extras (like giving He-Man's battle armor), then I'd be awfully tempted...

So did they show off the pics of what the figs looked like yet? Haven't found anything but could not be looking in the right place.
    After seeing their Turtles and Madballs, they've got my interest in 1/6 MOTU figs.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Pixel Dan was at their booth earlier today... I wonder if he's aware that they have the license? I can't imagine him NOT asking about their MOTU plans... but yeah, so far... doesn't look like they've revealed more images beyond the initial tease. I can't wait for these!!!

They aren't showing anything more until MONDOCON in October.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    They aren't showing anything more until MONDOCON in October.
    Hmm, MONDOCON is in Austin, TX where I live. Looks like I should get a ticket so I can check it out.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Gimme Stratos!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I wonder what style they'll go with. Filmation, comic, classic, etc... I hope they don't do a what this would look like if it were reality style that looks like something from LOTR or D&D. If you make a MOTU toy make it look like it came from that universe, but who am I kidding? I'm not going to get them. Where would I put them? Thank you MOTUC.

12" Is too big for my taste. I doubt I will buy any but I'm excited to see what they look like
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I look forward to seeing pics, but no matter what I will probably have to pass due too limited space and finances. I just can't afford everything.

I am happy to see all of this MOTU goodness though.
    Based on how the TMNT turned out, I will probably choose these over some other MOTU items like the Sideshow statues, if I have to choose.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

but they're not stactions, I'd love the 4h to do more statues of MOTU (any era: NA, 200x, classics)
    We'll wait and see
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    but they're not stactions, I'd love the 4h to do more statues of MOTU (any era: NA, 200x, classics)
    We'll wait and see
    PCS's original pitch to Mattel was to continue the staction line, but Mattel said no so they went with the 1/4 scale statues instead. I wish they could have done both.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    PCS's original pitch to Mattel was to continue the staction line, but Mattel said no so they went with the 1/4 scale statues instead. I wish they could have done both.
    Ofcourse they said no to stactions. Guess that awesome Kobra Kahn and Faker will never exist...

Those TMNTs look incredible, but that scale doesn't fit with anything I own or plan on owning. Passing on everything that comes in this scale.

A little part of me has just died hearing that.

New preview art on Topless Robot.

to go along with the one from Idlehands:

So it seems the first sword with the skull on the bottom IS He-man's. Interesting two different artists are bringing in the skull motif to He-man.
    Last edited by JonWes; July 17, 2015 at 02:43pm.

Really can't wait to see these.

Yes yes yes

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHH! I so wish they had given the go ahead on that. That I would have done a happy dance for. The statues leave me cold.

As far as these figures go, if the few little pics we'e seeing are an indication, they are making some minor changes, but the characters still seem to be basically the classic design. Interested to see what they look like and the price (the latter will be a big factor in whether or not I follow these with my wallet in hand).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman