Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1445

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Lot of people jumped the gun on this. Unless it specifies it's a Hot Topic exclusive AND glow-in-the-dark, it's not the Skels your looking for. There are people on the Sideshow forums who are ticked off because there is no specific time or date for this this to go up. Me? It won't kill me to check HT's site once or twice a day, and I'd rather not alert the scalpers earlier than necessary.
    Pfffft...whiners. Continually checking websites and refreshing pages is my way of life!

(And while I understand the frustration...it really can help with the flippers/scalpers. Though this limited a piece count, even for a pricier item, people are going to miss out and be mad regardless...it is known...)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Lot of people jumped the gun on this. Unless it specifies it's a Hot Topic exclusive AND glow-in-the-dark, it's not the Skels your looking for. There are people on the Sideshow forums who are ticked off because there is no specific time or date for this this to go up. Me? It won't kill me to check HT's site once or twice a day, and I'd rather not alert the scalpers earlier than necessary.
    You think like me. But scalpers will play spy. They act cool like a collector then go and stiff the collector from inside info he gathered.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Hot Topic version should be up on their site by the end of the month. Keep in mind, they also carry regular versions of our stuff, too. It'll be VERY specific when it goes up. Glow-Bro out!

Heroic Warrior
    Guys anyone else here have their paint missing on their skeletors left thigh from the loincloth from being packaged? This is from bbts. The first one I sent back as soon as I got it, and just received my replacement and again, same thing. If this was a 15 dollar item I wouldn't care but this was close to 200 bucks. Am I the only one that ordered from bbts to get 2 in a row with the same issue?

Heroic Warrior
    Pics. You can see the paint on the loincloth in the first pic.

I can see the scratch on the thigh, but what's the issue with the loincloth?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referring to this? If so, none of them have paint, as it's not meant to be displayed with the flap folded up, as you've showing it.
    2019-08-09 at 10.20 AM.jpeg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    I can see the scratch on the thigh, but what's the issue with the loincloth?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referring to this? If so, none of them have paint, as it's not meant to be displayed with the flap folded up, as you've showing it.
    2019-08-09 at 10.20 AM.jpeg
    The loincloth is to show where the paint from the leg stuck. You can see the darker spot. That's the only reason why the loincloth is folded and shown. It's not a scratch, it's from the fresh paint and pressure from the package.

I'll circle the spot to make it easier. Just realized you put a arrow on the pic. Not there.

Last edited by unclassified; August 9, 2019 at 03:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Brock, right here. My last one had the same thing in the same spot. Just sucks, man. This figure is so dope, and so are merman maa and hordak. Been so excited to get these. I wish I just held off from getting these from bbts. I wanted to get them from you guys but it seemed the he man wasn't gonna get put on the site like you said it was and then skeletor came in stock at bbts and went with them. Then he man got put back on the site like you said it was but my order at bbts already went through. Then received the same issue 2 times in a row.

I haven't posted my thoughts on Skeletor yet... So in a few words, he is one the best pieces in my collection!

Seriously, pictures -even those taken by fellow fans- DO NOT do this figure justice! He has to be held and posed to really get the feel of how wonderful an interpretation this Skeletor is.

I love the way the head was sculpted / articulated! He is one menacing Lord of Destruction!

Also, the inclusion of a Power Sword is a nice homage to the vintage line... and his unique battle axe, crossed-bone sword, and cloak make this the ultimate version of Skeletor!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

W

0C8E6819-D407-4193-8CC3-5E8C4573B8D0.jpgVery happy with my Skeletor. These are really much cooler in person. Pics don’t do them justice.

- - - Updated - - -

C5C80E31-8602-4BCF-AC7E-6B68B4DDEE26.jpg

In person he-man

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Brock, right here. My last one had the same thing in the same spot. Just sucks, man. This figure is so dope, and so are merman maa and hordak. Been so excited to get these. I wish I just held off from getting these from bbts. I wanted to get them from you guys but it seemed the he man wasn't gonna get put on the site like you said it was and then skeletor came in stock at bbts and went with them. Then he man got put back on the site like you said it was but my order at bbts already went through. Then received the same issue 2 times in a row. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ba6852a55.jpg

I'm really sorry that happened to you, and twice! That's not a common issue I'm seeing on the figure, as I'm sure the others here who have him can tell you. Did you return the second one?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really sorry that happened to you, and twice! That's not a common issue I'm seeing on the figure, as I'm sure the others here who have him can tell you. Did you return the second one?
    I actually reached out to you guys cause I heard you guys replace parts so was hoping to get a left thigh. You're customer service is really great I have to say with help. The rep told me since I didn't buy it from you giys, that they couldn't send me a return label, and that I'd have to mail it to you guys and you will replace the figure. Stinks money coming out of my pocket for this but I just want to enjoy this thing. I didn't want to continue to play with bbts. To me it's worth the postage to just have a correct one. I have no idea what it's goin to cost me, I'm going to try to get to the po today to mail it. Like I told your customer service, from here on out I'm just dealing with you guys direct. That's a stand up company you have there brock.

Also, found out the other day merman preorder ends the 16th. So I have to try to get that order in before it closes. I'll try to do that today as well. I would like to thank you and your customer service for being so great. As this really has nothing to do with you guys direct and you still helped me out. That speaks volumes to me brock.

Heroic Warrior
    One suggestion for you guys going further. You should place a piece of plastic between their loincloth and legs like you have behind skeletors head in the bubble and between the harness. This should stop any sticking from happening. Thanks again. Love the figures and can't wait for the rest.

BTW- anyone here going to Powercon this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    One suggestion for you guys going further. You should place a piece of plastic between their loincloth and legs like you have behind skeletors head in the bubble and between the harness. This should stop any sticking from happening. Thanks again. Love the figures and can't wait for the rest.

That's already happening, actually.

Heroic Warrior

That's already happening, actually.
    Awesome. Can't wait to get the rest of this collection.

Brock, it's August, and we haven't gotten that blog post you promised us last Christmas. That's fine, you're a busy guy. But if you're bringing some goodies to Powercon this weekend, please share them with us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Brock, it's August, and we haven't gotten that blog post you promised us last Christmas. That's fine, you're a busy guy. But if you're bringing some goodies to Powercon this weekend, please share them with us.

Sure! I'll post them in a blog!!

Sure! I'll post them in a blog!!

Brutal.

This is the first one I'm passing on. I had him in my cart, but when I saw the total hit $200- something about that number, LOL- I just couldn't do it.
    If the line makes it to Teela and/or Evil-Lyn, I'm thinking I'd rather own one of them instead. The sculpt and everything is amazing... it's just the character has never been high on my priority list in the world of MOTU. And yeah, with the price tag these command I definitely have to cherry pick.

Heroic Warrior
    I got my order in Thursday. Between mondo and bbts it's only a 10 dollar difference between the regular version for the exclusive it's an extra 5. So it's an extra 15 for the exclusive. Not sure what mondo uses for shipping but I mailed my skelly to them from usps and it cost me 25, so their 26 is about even with that. I'm sure they factor in the sales tax in that 26 but just label it as shipping. 10 ain't that bad of a difference in price if your getting the exclusive, but if you can get free shipping from amazon and your after the regular version, then shoot for it. I'm not dealing with retailers with this line. I'm just dealing direct with mondo here on out and grab the exclusives each time and if there's any problems, I'm 100% confident they will make it right.

Side note I really wish they had the exc he man up on the site when bbts got their skeletor in. I'd much rather have got them from mondo so I could've got the he man exclusive and I wouldn't have had such a bad experience with bbts that almost made me give up on this line at my first crack at it. It's neither mondo or bbts's fault for what happened. It's just one of them things that happened and now it's brought to their attention and is fixed for everyone in the future.

Really did want that alcala head from he man though. After seeing a review on it few weeks ago I was amped. I was like man, I want the exclusive he man for that head. But sadly, it didn't workout for me. I regret not waiting it out to see if he man was going to be put back on the site like brock said they would. This is why when being impatient never pays off. Impatience is an Avenue taken for mistakes to be made. My impatience made the mistake of not getting the he man exclusive and 2 fouled up skeletors that cost me an extra 25 in cost when said and done just to get a correct skeletor. Next time when brock says there will be extra put up on the site, I'm just waiting it out til they appear. But then again, I'll already have the figure preordered, lol. I was just getting on board with this line.

Someone like me is hard to break out my mould and accept change and differences. So initially I wasn't intrigued by he man and skeletor. I couldn't share the vision the guys had. Merman started to open up my mind and eyes and then finally I accepted their view and take on characters I love. The more I look at them, I love their take on these characters. Someone in this thread I think it was said it took them awhile to warm up to these, I share that same feeling, and now I'm like yeah, I can dig it. I love how the guys envisioned the characters and put it together.

And the box is really top notch. Them magnet clasps I'm a sucker for haha.

Is Mondo done with their MOTU as well as Super7? I was about to be so into this line. I am so sad that Classics are done for now and was going to start buying the Mondo stuff. I just don't like Origins. Anyone have any news?
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Is Mondo done with their MOTU as well as Super7? I was about to be so into this line. I am so sad that Classics are done for now and was going to start buying the Mondo stuff. I just don't like Origins. Anyone have any news?
    Not done.

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Not done

Cool...so they will make more beyond Man-at-arms and Hordak?
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Cool...so they will make more beyond Man-at-arms and Hordak?
    I guess anything can happen, but I believe so. Brock has mentioned She-Ra, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, and Orko all being at various stages of development.

There's also a secret figure being dropped at some point this year.