Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Both He-Man and Skeletor look great!!! He-Man's face has an Arnold's vibe which personally i appreciated (even if i would prefer if he had longer hair like in the mini comics). I' m glad that the new artists working on MOTU finally embracing the mini comic depiction of the franchise. It's awesome to see the two Halves of the Power Sword, and a He-Man that doesn't look as a pretty poster boy, but as an actual hard looking barbarian warrior like Alcala envisioned him! And since the Battle Axe also coming with the statues as was shown from the previous teasers (and from the designs it looks that will be amazing), i believe that i will consider to buy them, if the price is not exaggerated (personally i' m not buying any He-Man product that doesn't include the Axe with it. He-Man can't be without his primary weapon)!
    They do look great, but is it a significant step up from Classics? Judging from the TMNT figures, these will likely go for $149.99...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a big fan of these.

I don't like he-man's sword or his face sculpt.

I don't like Skeletor's open mouth or his loincloth.

Court Magician
    Very nice! If the price will be affordable, I'm in!

I wonder if Skeletor's jaw is articulated.

I do not quite get why Havoc staff is made so short, I do not quite understand its function like that.

It will be interesting to see how these develop with colours and actual articulation.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Thank you very much Andrew Kay for these photos!!!!!!

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
    Very nice! If the price will be affordable, I'm in!
    If the TMNT figures they are producing is any indication, you can expect these to be around $150.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    If the TMNT figures they are producing is any indication, you can expect these to be around $150.
    Yes, I've seen TMNT line, but I hope these figures have a lesser price (about $110). I've recently bought a Dragon Ball statue 1/4 for 100, so I hope in a fair price!
    Last edited by Nebiros; October 3, 2015 at 04:08pm.

I'm confused. The arm's elbow joints are OBVIOUSLY articulated, to the point it breaks the sculpt up badly, but there seems to be no knee articulation? Chose a scheme and go with it. This makes the figures look aesthetically uneven.

If one set of joints is going to stick out like a sore thumb to have articulation, why not have articulation in other areas?

I suppose the joints could be inside the knees wrapped in a rubber skin? It still looks ridiculous with the elbow joints sticking out like that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post
    They do look great, but is it a significant step up from Classics? Judging from the TMNT figures, these will likely go for $149.99...
    They are looking more detailed, and with a more Sword and Sorcery style on them, at least they appear to be so far, which i prefer it when comes to MOTU. But still if the price is too high, i don't know if i can afford them. I wait until the official pricing will up and after see the final product, before decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, He-Man has such a powerful and decisive stand, and his face sculpt gives him a lot of personality like a leader ready to defend his people at any cost! His face is hard as steel! Love it! Thanks for the photo Jukka!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I'm confused. The arm's elbow joints are OBVIOUSLY articulated, to the point it breaks the sculpt up badly, but there seems to be no knee articulation? Chose a scheme and go with it. This makes the figures look aesthetically uneven.

If one set of joints is going to stick out like a sore thumb to have articulation, why not have articulation in other areas?

I suppose the joints could be inside the knees wrapped in a rubber skin? It still looks ridiculous with the elbow joints sticking out like that.
    I am pretty sure articulation work isn't simply finished.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm impressed!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

WOW--these look fantastic I may have to break my rule of not buying 12" figures afterall

These look great, but I'm not going as high as people have suggested they might be.

I just backed the Articulated Icons Kickstarter ($60 with shipping for the Storm-Shadow-looking white deluxe ninja), and that is about as high as I would consider going for something that isn't a con exclusive or something.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

The more I look at these--the He-Man face sculpt, imo look better than the Sideshow versions
    I'm hoping like the TMNT line Mondo is doing they offer an additional head with longer hair. Also, I could see these figures with cloth capes (esp Skeletor).

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    These are awesome! THIS is what I want to see in an action figure!

They look great so far. I like the sculpts a lot. I think the paint jobs are really going to sway me one way or another. To be honest, in my head, for 1/6 MOTU figures, I wanted more mixed media—kind of like what Hot Toys would do with it, except on this sort of muscular body. Now, whether that look would really be successful, I'm not sure. Mondo probably made the right call here. It's just, part of what justifies the high prices for 1/6 toys is the craft of putting together the clothes and all the tiny details and buttons and clasps and things. When it's all (or mostly) plastic like this, then it just feels like a large action figure ala, say, the Marvel Legends Icons figures. So then it gets psychologically harder to justify spending hundreds of dollars on them.

That being said, I love the additional details. The head of the havoc staff seems a bit too large to me, though. I don't care for the design of He-man's power sword, either. the more angular hilt is okay, but the amount of space between the curved decoration and the blade of the sword bothers me. It lacks some of the elegance of the original. It seems a bit wider and clunkier to me. The sculpts on He-man's face and Skeletor's face look great, and those bodies are really great proportion-wise.

So... it's a bit of a mixed bag right now as far as whether I'd plonk down the cash. But I'm excited to see more.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I'm not impressed. The proportions of the different body parts are way off. Look at those forearms! They're way too long. Look at those hands: way too big. Skeletor's face: too small.
    I hope this is because it's an early stage in the production and they can fix this.
    The articulation breaks up the sculpt, too.

I'll wait for the final product. Their TMNT look great! I'm confident they can fix these.
    Awesome sticker included!

Yep, I’m very impressed. It appears as though Skeletor’s jaw is articulated. I particularly love the facial sculpts on both of them. I will never be able to afford to buy them at the same time. I will buy them both, though.

Of course, now my mind is racing with thoughts on how Man-At-Arms, Ram-Man, Teela, Stratos, Beastman, Trap-Jaw, Evil Lyn (to name but a few) will look.

I feel like a Mer-man like this would be nigh-impossible to resist.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I love them and really want both...but I'm scared to find out the exact cost.

If they promise a She-Ra is coming (they confirmed they can make Princess of Power characters), I will definitely buy He-Man and Skeletor (and She-Ra, obviously).

EDIT:

The legs, knees, feet, etc. will be articulated, I'm sure:

Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Hey gang- just a reminder to keep your eye on our twitter and instagram account (as well as mine!), as we'll be teasing the figures as we're leading up to MondoCon. What we're going to show at the show are going to be early prototypes (unpainted, and with a bit of articulation missing), but you'll get a very good idea what our aesthetic is going to be. Very excited to show you, even at this stage.
    Other interesting info from "Mondo Guy"

- The majority of the figures will be plastic, but there will be some cloth elements, like capes, and the like. We're also looking into fake furs for loincloths, and that sort of thing. Keep in mind these are still in development, so things could change, but all that said should be feasible. It'll really depend on how it looks.

- Expect a lot of articulation. The great thing about this scale is you can have a lot of great articulation without compromising the sculpt too much. That's while I love this scale!

- Still TBD about the display base, but the figures should stand fine on their own, regardless of if a base is included or not.

- - - Updated - - -

We have rights to She-Ra and all associated characters.
    We're not looking to confirm any other characters besides He-Man and Skeletor at this point. Apologies for not being able to reassure you, but I can say there was a concerted effort to make sure She-Ra was part of our rights.
    Regarding the bodies- expect us to model our line in a similar fashion to how Mattel has traditionally done their lines. It helps save on tooling costs, and allows for more characters, so He-Man and Skeletor will share the same body. That said, there will be unique bodies for some characters.

Armor/gauntlets will be removable.
    We don't have a final SRP yet, but seeing as out TMNT figures are around $150, I would expect MOTU to be $200 or less. This, of course, isn't guaranteed, but is an educated guess. Keep in mind that when a figure goes up, it's a pre-order. We should have our deposit system in place before then, so unlike now, where you pay full price up front and then wait for it to get through production to get the item, we'll take a small deposit up front, and charge the balance when it ships.

We're hoping to eventually introduce a payment plan, where you make small payments leading up to the product shipping (if you're familiar with Sideshow, then you might know their flexpay system. It would be similar to this). All this is in an effort to still bring you high-end collectible figures, without assaulting your wallet/purse/coin bag too much at once.
    In terms of how many we'd like to do a year- I'm hoping to get out 4-6.
    With the TMNT figures, we based them on a whole lot of different things- the sculpted look is from issues 4 and beyond (of the original comic), the colored masks (they come with both all red, and their individual colors) comes from the cartoon, and their skin colors are based on the original Playmates. But no one has ever done the version of turtles that we're doing. NECA did some GREAT comic based figures, but those were closer to some of the ways the turtles looked in their early sketches, rather than how they appeared in issue #1. So this feels new, while still feeling classic.

When it came to MOTU, and characters that started off as toys, we didn't want to base them directly on toys you had seen before. That would feel redundant, IMO. So instead, we wanted to take elements of designs we're all familiar with, mix and match, and add a few new things to them. You will instantly recognize certain elements of these figures, and some elements will be new takes.

I do want to make it clear- while these are new takes on the characters, they're not wild redesigns, like Sideshow's awesome statues. I'm hoping that you guys agree that they're a nice balance of old and new.
    Full question answer thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...on-figure-line!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 3, 2015 at 07:02pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Very impressive, but the elbow articulation is interfering too much with the anatomy. Also He-Man's boots look like he stole them off a mummy. But neat designs overall.

Heroic Warrior
    he-man looks fine... skeletor will depend on paint job.

I just hate how ridiculous their turtle figures are priced. otherwise it'd be an instant buy on all of them.

I also HATE the limited edition ness of these things. makes it so much harder to collect. I don't get the logic on that..

Wow!! I'm sooooo buying these!

they look pretty good , but those arms...Yikes! Aesthetically speaking, that looks really bad.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I will buy Stratos when he comes out.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.