Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2099

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    So brutha- I’m out of town and it’s the weekend. I’ll se if I can get an update in a day or two.
    Hey Brock, just checking back in on Scareglow...
    Not sure if you have had a chance to check, but
    I appreciate it!
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Still waiting for my Merman here in Japan. No shipping notification yet...
    Anyone else still waiting?

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSkipper View Post
    Still waiting for my Merman here in Japan. No shipping notification yet...
    Anyone else still waiting?
    Is Mer-Man supposed to be shipping now? I've just received my Scare Glow, but no sign of my Mer-Man getting shipped or anything yet.

UPDATE: Just received a customs office notice for what methinks must be my Mondo Mer-Man's package. Strange that I didn't get any e-mail notification that the package had been shipped and that last I had checked yesterday on Mondo's webstore my order appeared as unfulfilled.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; March 4, 2020 at 05:23pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Brock kind of disappeared, lol... I keep checking the site every day for Scareglow to pop back in-stock.
    I refuse to pay the $300+ the eBay scalpers are asking.
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Is Mer-Man supposed to be shipping now? I've just received my Scare Glow, but no sign of my Mer-Man getting shipped or anything yet.

UPDATE: Just received a customs office notice for what methinks must be my Mondo Mer-Man's package. Strange that I didn't get any e-mail notification that the package had been shipped and that last I had checked yesterday on Mondo's webstore my order appeared as unfulfilled.
    Nice, hopefully mine won't be too long!
    Yeah, Mondo's shipping notifications and tracking seem to be unreliable. I got Scareglow but the trackig info never updated.

Heroic Warrior
    How do these look next to the con She-Ra dolls and the reboot dolls? Like, I'm contemplating getting He-Man, Skeletor, and Hordak to sort of do a display with a mix of vintage style and reboot (Hordak with like Shadow Weaver and Catra from the reboot line would look so good).

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    How do these look next to the con She-Ra dolls and the reboot dolls? Like, I'm contemplating getting He-Man, Skeletor, and Hordak to sort of do a display with a mix of vintage style and reboot (Hordak with like Shadow Weaver and Catra from the reboot line would look so good).
    I have my 12" SDCC She-Ra/Adora of years ago next to the Mondo figures and she looks perfectly fine next to them. Same scale, similar articulation level, and the style does not look out of place. I'm certainly not looking forward to Mondo She-Ra/Adora, as I would find it redundant and there are so many other characters to cover at this scale.

I don't have any of the reboot dolls yet, so I can't tell about those, but my guess is they aren't the same scale, style or articulation level, so they wouldn't fit together.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSkipper View Post
    Nice, hopefully mine won't be too long!
    Yeah, Mondo's shipping notifications and tracking seem to be unreliable. I got Scareglow but the trackig info never updated.
    Update: Got my Merman on Saturday but never recieved a dspatch email or trackng details.
    Unfortunately it was a little damaged. His right eye is scratched and one of the straps on his armor is broken...

@brockotter Can you give us any info on how the current situation is affecting Mondo? I saw that a few of your gallery shows were cancelled. Is this also affecting release dates for certain items? Hope you guys are staying safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I really like how you have them displayed. Are the packages on acrylic risers?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if Mondo suspends operations for a few weeks, so brace yourselves for that.
    Four Horsemen just put out a statement saying they are doing so with their own operations on the east coast as a precaution.
    As a company, the Alamo Drafthouse (Mondo's parent company) has shuttered theatres on the east coast for the time being, with rumblings L.A. is next.
    Their Austin offices just recently consolidated into what used to be an old elementary school... and with companies in Austin like Google, Indeed, and Facebook (to name a few) all asking their employees to work from home, I can't image the Alamo/Mondo offices all being cooped up together under one roof being a viable thing for much longer. And I doubt the warehouse workers are going to be expected to put in FT hours with Coronavirus upending every single aspect of American life.

New to the mondo motu figures. I have collected hot toys and other 1/6 scale figures in the past. But before I attempt to get into this new expensive MOTU line, I figured I should pop on here and ask a few questions about them from people here who already own them.

#1 - Are they worth the $165; on average; asking price for the figures compared to other large 1/6 scale items?
    #2 - Any problems with the figures that are out already in this Mondo MOTU line that high collectors should look out for ahead of time? Breakage risks, paint issues with the line,etc?
    #3 - An how good do they look in hand compared to the sale images?
    #4 - [Since some figures are already sold out on the mondo site and I am just now discovering this line, I gotta ask.] How hard are older figures to get a hold of? [Scareglow, Glow in dark skeletor variant/etc?]

I look forward to seeing peoples thoughts. Thanks ahead of time to all that take time to reply. I do appreciate it!
    Last edited by Replikor; March 16, 2020 at 11:40pm.

Update: Alamo Drafthouse has closed all locations until further notice. I imagine Mondo will post a statement saying where they're currently at any day now (similar companies like Waxwork Records and Super7 have posted company updates either via email or social media relating to the current coronavirus situation).

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    New to the mondo motu figures. I have collected hot toys and other 1/6 scale figures in the past. But before I attempt to get into this new expensive MOTU line, I figured I should pop on here and ask a few questions about them from people here who already own them.

#1 - Are they worth the $165; on average; asking price for the figures compared to other large 1/6 scale items?
    #2 - Any problems with the figures that are out already in this Mondo MOTU line that high collectors should look out for ahead of time? Breakage risks, paint issues with the line,etc?
    #3 - An how good do they look in hand compared to the sale images?
    #4 - [Since some figures are already sold out on the mondo site and I am just now discovering this line, I gotta ask.] How hard are older figures to get a hold of? [Scareglow, Glow in dark skeletor variant/etc?]

I look forward to seeing peoples thoughts. Thanks ahead of time to all that take time to reply. I do appreciate it!
    Hey Replikor,

I fell in love with this line, but sadly missed out on the Scareglow and Hot Topic Skeletor, but I can comment on He-Man, Skeletor and Mer-Man. Though my collecting habits are pretty much this line and the Transformers Masterpiece line - which is now ridiculously expensive.

#1 - I have been happy to pay the price - including shipping to the UK (though I HATE paying the import charge) - especially as pre-order items have a payment plan. When I have opened each of my 3 figures I have never once had buyers remorse or ill feelings of any kind. The exact opposite actually, especially in Mer-Man's case.

#2 - I haven't experienced any breakages or paint issues with my figures - again, the exact opposite, the paint was beautiful and parts swapping seems sturdy and easy to do. I have seen reports on this thread of breakages though, so maybe one of the other .org members could fill you in more on this.

#3 - They look better in hand than they do on images. I know people on this thread have had issues with He-Man's head sculpt in images, but then said seeing him in hand was better.

#4 - If you don't want the Mondo Exclusive versions then I think you can get He-Man, Skeletor, Faker, and Mer-Man. I have been looking on eBay for Scareglow and there always seems to be some available, but I would prefer to buy from Mondo where possible so am waiting to see if there is a re-stock.

Like I said, unfortunately I can't really comment on how this line relates to similar figures (that don't Transform), but hopefully my answers will help a little bit. Basically, there have been lots of properties I have been interested in collecting but never pulled the trigger, I liked the look of this line so much that I actually decided to collect and I haven't been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Hey Replikor,

I fell in love with this line, but sadly missed out on the Scareglow and Hot Topic Skeletor, but I can comment on He-Man, Skeletor and Mer-Man. Though my collecting habits are pretty much this line and the Transformers Masterpiece line - which is now ridiculously expensive.

#1 - I have been happy to pay the price - including shipping to the UK (though I HATE paying the import charge) - especially as pre-order items have a payment plan. When I have opened each of my 3 figures I have never once had buyers remorse or ill feelings of any kind. The exact opposite actually, especially in Mer-Man's case.

#2 - I haven't experienced any breakages or paint issues with my figures - again, the exact opposite, the paint was beautiful and parts swapping seems sturdy and easy to do. I have seen reports on this thread of breakages though, so maybe one of the other .org members could fill you in more on this.

#3 - They look better in hand than they do on images. I know people on this thread have had issues with He-Man's head sculpt in images, but then said seeing him in hand was better.

#4 - If you don't want the Mondo Exclusive versions then I think you can get He-Man, Skeletor, Faker, and Mer-Man. I have been looking on eBay for Scareglow and there always seems to be some available, but I would prefer to buy from Mondo where possible so am waiting to see if there is a re-stock.

Like I said, unfortunately I can't really comment on how this line relates to similar figures (that don't Transform), but hopefully my answers will help a little bit. Basically, there have been lots of properties I have been interested in collecting but never pulled the trigger, I liked the look of this line so much that I actually decided to collect and I haven't been disappointed.
    Thanks for you info Jonno! I had heard talk bout a breakage from my comic shop. They had mentioned during a visit to the shop that the Mondo He-man figures knees are sometimes way too tight at the top half of the double jointed knee. An because of it it will sometimes break instead of articulate. But I wasnt sure if that was just an isolated incident, as that shop is known locally to be kind of rough on their display items.

I have collected the TF Masterpiece line as well in the past. So I am not afraid to pay the cost for this line. I just wanted to make sure it was worth the asking price... as being a former TF MP collector, I am "well" aware that some toys in this price range are basically overpriced junk an not worth the asking price. So I just wanted to make sure first. As if I go in onthis line, I will want em all if I do.

I really hope Mondo does a restock of the Scareglow figure on the store, maybe with different assessories, as him and Ninjor are "must haves" for me given my personal history with those two characters. It did kind of suprise me that Mondo would gate off a character like that with exclusivity... you would kind of figure "exclusives" would be restricted to variants only so people do not end up missing out on a character like that. Really hope Mondo isnt planning to repeat that often. As I do feel odd limited store exclusives should always be restricted to variants alone... lord knows we got enough of em in MOTU to pull it off. But never an actual character like that.

But if the knee breakage isnt a common problem as I thought I will try and track down He-Man an Skeletor at a larger comic & toy shop that I will be traveling to later this evening with my kids before the big store shutdowns start in my area due to the virus craze makin the rounds. An if they still got em I will try an snag a Heman an Skelly and post some thoughts once I got em in hand.

Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by Replikor; March 17, 2020 at 11:18am.

Hey Replikor,

THIS. I had ordered He-Man and Skeletor out of some begrudging feeling that I should, despite not liking the photos I saw, mostly due to the heads/faces. I wasn't sure I'd continue with the line until Mer-Man, whom I immediately fell in love with. That led me to opening Skeletor this past weekend and I was shocked at how much different he seemed in person. The photos I'd seen made his head look weirdly proportioned to his body. Not so with the figure in hand. I'm blown away at the quality of these things.

They're packaged really well, too. Lots of individual cello sheets to keep parts from rubbing in the box and to keep that paint looking good, and the boxes themselves are super collector friendly. Everything can be removed and replaced easily, and the boxes lips have a magnetic closure. And obviously the package art is worth collecting on its own.

If I have a complaint (and I do) it's that the stand for Skeletor isn't working very well. I'm not sure what the deal is. Mer-Man's worked great and they're the same stand. But Skeletor's is too tight and wants to squeeze around to the side. I hide it with his cape, so whatever, but it is irritating and it limits the more action-oriented posing I'd prefer to do with him. But all in all, if the only problem I have is with the stand, I'm still a happy camper.

I haven't opened my He-Man yet, but I'm hoping I'm similarly surprised and impressed.

Official Mondo update from their mailing list:

The health and safety of our customers and team members is our top priority during this ongoing situation. That's why our office staff has worked remotely and will continue to for the foreseeable future, and that's why our warehouse team is implementing strict safety precautions to make certain we stay up to date with recommendations and regulations as they are being communicated.

So far, even with these measures, we haven't had to slow down our operations. Like all of you, we're keeping a close eye on the situation as it develops, and will continue to comply with all OSHA and CDC recommendations – whatever it takes to guarantee everyone’s safety.

We know that these are strange times. Right now we hope you're able to find relief in a puzzle, game, soundtrack or film that takes your mind off things for a little while. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your support and your passion for what we do. We'll keep you updated via email, social media, and MondoShop.com as things evolve.

Hey all! Still here and healthy! CA (where I live) just issued a statewide stay at home dealio, so what that means to me is... NOTHING! I live like this already!

Seriously, though, things will inevitably get slowed down a tad, but as our statement that zodak74 posted says, we're committed to keeping as many peeps happy as we can. Been talking a lot about MOTU lately, and while we were planning on debuting a rad thing or two at Powercon this year, it'll just mean we'll have to make 2021's reveals even bigger and better.

And I'm super sorry to report, but we were going to delay Man at Arms in favor of Ram Man as a super surprise, but someone stole all the assets for Rammy, and we've had to cancel the figure. So Duncan remains as the next guy!

Poor Ram Man...

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Hey all! Still here and healthy! CA (where I live) just issued a statewide stay at home dealio, so what that means to me is... NOTHING! I live like this already!

Seriously, though, things will inevitably get slowed down a tad, but as our statement that zodak74 posted says, we're committed to keeping as many peeps happy as we can. Been talking a lot about MOTU lately, and while we were planning on debuting a rad thing or two at Powercon this year, it'll just mean we'll have to make 2021's reveals even bigger and better.

And I'm super sorry to report, but we were going to delay Man at Arms in favor of Ram Man as a super surprise, but someone stole all the assets for Rammy, and we've had to cancel the figure. So Duncan remains as the next guy!

Stay safe Brock. And don’t forget to work on Stinkor so he can be next in line after Duncan.

Court Magician
    Hey guys, I hope you and your loved ones are safe during this time.

To help pass the time, does anyone know of a DesignerCon Skeletor review? I’ve been looking on YouTube but can’t find one. Would love to see this figure up close.

Cheers,

Widget

DesignerCon Skeletor

Hey guys, I hope you and your loved ones are safe during this time.

To help pass the time, does anyone know of a DesignerCon Skeletor review? I’ve been looking on YouTube but can’t find one. Would love to see this figure up close.

Cheers,
    Hi Jonno. I don't know of any reviews of DesignerCon Skeletor out there but will happily offer my thoughts. Out of the package he is quite a stunning figure - very shiny and very much in contrast to the other figures in the Mondo Line. Took a bit of getting used to seeing him next to the others but got to admit that I LOVE this figure. Will keep him with the exclusive shiny Mer-Man when I get him. As you can see from the pics, I prefer the vintage style head on this one as it really changes the look from the original Mondo head figure. My only gripe was that the package didn't come with the Mondo stand, unlike all the others, but as you can see he stands well on his own. I am really loving this line and long may it continue!Attachment 122439Attachment 122440

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmarshall View Post
    Hi Jonno. I don't know of any reviews of DesignerCon Skeletor out there but will happily offer my thoughts. Out of the package he is quite a stunning figure - very shiny and very much in contrast to the other figures in the Mondo Line. Took a bit of getting used to seeing him next to the others but got to admit that I LOVE this figure. Will keep him with the exclusive shiny Mer-Man when I get him. As you can see from the pics, I prefer the vintage style head on this one as it really changes the look from the original Mondo head figure. My only gripe was that the package didn't come with the Mondo stand, unlike all the others, but as you can see he stands well on his own. I am really loving this line and long may it continue!Attachment 122439Attachment 122440
    Love that MOTU set up, so tidy and nice, i can spend a day looking at it

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Court Magician
    Great pics, that figure looks ace, thanks for posting.