Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official CRYSTAL CASTLE Support Thread

The Official CRYSTAL CASTLE Support Thread

While there are over 100 threads on this site with "Crystal Castle" in the title, I was surprised to find that none yet existed for it in Classics. There has long been a thread in the Polls section for which style we'd like it to come as (Filmation has lead from the start), but nothing was ever posted in the now defunct Support and Speculation section.

So what say you? What sort of things would you like to see incorporated into it? I'd love to hear (and see) some creative ideas. I know we have one of the most imaginative fanbases around!

I personally would love to see a fully Filmation version of the Crystal Castle, with some sort of electronics used to represent Light Hope. He would be situated directly behind the largest jewel at the base, which could open on a hinge so you could see Light Hope even while looking at the front of the facade. I would like to say that opening would be large enough for She-Ra and Swifty to fly through, but that would likely make the playset taller than me!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I'm in. And the more FILMation, the better.

I think a Crystal Castle would be pretty awesome.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would LOVE this! Would be great!
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    My sister had the vintage toy Crystal Castle, so I grew up with that. Would love to see a base for POP in MOTUC.

Bring it on!

I want a combo of both just like Snake mountain. think it would be brillant

For sure, as long as it includes the Crystal Falls.

But I'm hoping for a Fright Zone first.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    It would be cool to add it!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely want this!

Yes, absolutely!!!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

A 4H sculpted Crystal Castle that's a combo of Filmation and toy? I'm all for it.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I think the Fright Zone would likely be ahead of the Crystal Castle in the queue of large playsets.

I'd prefer it, though.
    The Filmation design is definitely the superior one - although as it's Classics I think a few elements of the toy design should be incorporated. Not sure which ones off the top of my head, as I never had the original toy.

Crystal Castle and Fright Zone are both musts now!...well in 2018 and beyond I suppose.

With both I'd like to see the most vintage toy/Filmation hybrid style for a playset yet. There are some really interesting fan mockups for Classicized versions of these out there. But I'd like to see the exterior of CC be either vintage toy on bottom/Filmation on top -or- Filmation front/vintage toy back. The Filmation parts should be metallic gold, not vac gold, and the giant jewel should be translucent rather than painted. The vintage toy portion should be a near-transparent, crystal-like plastic with just a tinge of pink (think Light Hope) rather than the pearlescent pink of the vintage toy, with metallic gold highlights. Kinda feel like the interior needs to be completely revamped tho. And I have to agree, if any playset needs FX it's CC with it's Light Hope column - that I'd happily pay for!
    Collector's Choice Musts: Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Lodar, Sagitar, Melog, Illumina, Skeleteen, Scrollos, Hunga, Lizzor, Crimson Fury, King Miro, Queen Andreeno, Red Eye, Spirit, Charger, Stridor, Bionotops, Clawdeen, Mantisaur, Spydor, Starburst She-Ra, Catra 2.0 w/cat form, Guerrer-Or, Tay-Lor the Ancient, Scheim-Or the Ancient, Roton (Monogram) & Attak Trak (Monogram)

Given I don't own a vintage Crystal Castle, I'd be happy to add this to my collection. We do need a trapped filled fortress or terrors also, including an articulated full bodied Beast Monster.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The Fright Zone was more like hordaks EVIL PATIO.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...astle-In-MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I want a combo of both just like Snake mountain. think it would be brillant
    Count me in for this.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yes.... Absolutely ! But personally, I want to see Eternia Playset 1st !!
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

If Mattel makes this I highly doubt it will have all the vintage toy furnature from the original as that was was really like the she-Ra version of Barbies house. I'm sure It shell will be a combo of Filmation and Vintage toy, but the inside will have Light hopes chamber and maybe some other cool accessories Like a portal gate etc.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not saying I'm out, I'm just saying I would like to get Fright Zone and Slime pit first!!
    I dont even dream with an Eternia Playset cause after seeing the size of snake mountain (witch I hope they dont change) I can't even imagine how tall the central tower had to be...

I would need a lather to get to the top!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes!! I want Crystal Castle.

I'm in! I love the play sets!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in! I would like a combination of the original toy and the Filmation design of what was really more of a crystal mountain than a castle (although the toy kind of looks like it was sculpted out of the top of a mountain which sits high above the clouds).

I've seen a mock-up on Facebook which looked pretty perfect.

But, I'm not sure how likely it is. Or whether we would see if before they first tried to sell an Eternia or Fright Zone play set. Maybe they could release a Whispering Woods diorama instead? Along with a diorama of Hordak's Filmation Fright Zone throne room!

Count me in!!!

Even though I am a huge Evil Horde fan, I agree that Crystal Castle should come before the Fright Zone in classics. POP is very well represented now in Classics and would deserve a playset more than MotU needs another. (I am in the camp of "Evil Horde is MotU, not POP").

That said, I think the Classics Crystal Castle should look like the designs on the Classics Light Hope figure. That figure is basically "Crystal-Castle-Man" and shows what the 4H could do to a castle. It could incorporate design elements from Filmation and the vintage toy.

I would love to see some cool cloud effects along the base.

And we need another castle in Classics!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

For this one, Filmation all the way... (same deal with the F-Zone)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!