Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which character from MOTU do you dislike most?

Heroic Warrior
    Oh man, when it comes to this topic I got lots of hate to go around!!!

Orko...seems I'm not alone here form reading this thread. A pointless little nerd thing. I know he was put in the cartoon for comic value and the kiddies but I even hated him when I was a kid!!! And that whiney voice he had in the vintage cartoon!!

Man at Arms...he just seems like a morally righteous lecturing teacher type character, the tash is annoying too.

Gwildor...looks like a sick hobbit, his face makes me wanna hurl.

Ram Man...he's portrayed as incredibly dumb..and seriously, your talent is smashing things with the part of your body that also houses your brain....really?

And the Classics line are major offenders when it comes to stupid annoying characters. It's like they had too much time on their hands and started making characters/figures just for the hell of it.

Bow...the kind of jock d**k you'd punch if he was in a bar

Dylamug...looks like a walking microwave

Imp...looks about as evil as a cuddly toy...would love to step on him to put him out of his misery

Lo key/kowl...whatever their called....put them on the barbeque

Madame Razz.....oh man, I'd love to punch her in the face

Mo-Larr...seriously guys, an evil dentist on eternia, mattel were taking the p**s with this one

Plundor...again seriously, a dude with a rabbits head. His popularity evidenced by the fact that he is one of those rare classics figures you can pick up for next to nothing on ebay..give me donnie darko any day if ya want evil rabbits

Sir laser lot.......nearly bottom of the barrel when it comes to naming a figure (I'll get to the actual bottom of the barrel soon!)

Unnamed one...keep it that way

Skeleteen.....we are at the bottom of the barrel now, can you believe that some supposed 'creatively' minded person or persons sat down and were tasked with coming up with a name for skeletor's son....mmm..'how about skeleteen?'...'Yes. we love it, it's perfect, your cheque's in the post'.... I dearly hope a toy was never made. Give me the baby skeletor doll any day. What does he even look like ffs, has he a smaller skull!!?
    Last edited by Night Ghast; March 23, 2021 at 05:22pm.

Barbarian age , Forest Goddess ......goddess of nothing or uselessness

Cartoon MOTU , Ram Man ..........a dwarf dimwit , really ?

Cartoon Pop , Mantenna ..........just move a little to the left , pressing trapdoor button

Movie , Karg............what's Karg got to do , got to do with it ?

NA , Skeletor , ............it's literally the mask from the cartoon show

200X , Sorceress"............oh mighty Isis , wrong cartoon .

Satpop , Glimmer ..........she both looks and later on acts like The Penguin of Gotham city .
    Last edited by Lokus; March 29, 2021 at 12:50pm.

Court Magician
    From the classic era (i.e., the 80s) Buzz Off made me irrationally angry. His toy was a gaudy eyesore that pushed even my kid sensibilities to the brink, and in the animated show, he had a VERY annoying voice...in a show during an era where annoying voices were somewhat common, but even he managed to be off putting to me.

The 2002 series made him a less irritating presence, but there was still a part of me that was like "Why are you trying so hard with him? Its Buzz Off for God's sake. Heck, why is he even here at all?!?!" lol.

There were other characters labeled annoying, like Orko, that had their moments and charm from time to time. Buzz Off was the only one that gave me nothing, at least during the 80s era.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post
    From the classic era (i.e., the 80s) Buzz Off made me irrationally angry. His toy was a gaudy eyesore that pushed even my kid sensibilities to the brink, and in the animated show, he had a VERY annoying voice...in a show during an era where annoying voices were somewhat common, but even he managed to be off putting to me.

The 2002 series made him a less irritating presence, but there was still a part of me that was like "Why are you trying so hard with him? Its Buzz Off for God's sake. Heck, why is he even here at all?!?!" lol.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who felt that way about him!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Not a fan of the cute characters: Orko, Razz, the Twiggets, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Orko, Twiggets, Lookie...basically any cutesy characters. And don't get me started on Plundor and Crackers...
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Filmation Prince Adam! Perhaps the worst character of the whole franchise. A clown, a one dimensional lazy, useless person that transforms to a barbarian hero. Please come on. It was completely retarded even for 5 years old impressionable kids. Basically ruined He-Man for me back then. Completely disrespectful to He-Man's origins too.
    Yup, pretty much all and any overly cute or silly characters were a fail to me. And I also hated the way the Filmation cartoons made some of the cooler characters from the toys and mini comics silly.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    Meteorbs Urrghh

Rotar and Twistoid whatever they are called .
    Yup, didn't like these either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Ninjor.
    Him and Clamp-Champ just stunk of pandering, even to my child brain. I didn't care for most of the characters that came out around the time of these two. Also toss in most of the characters they made up for that live action movie like Gwildor.

I never cared for Blast Attak & Multi-Bot... and in my memory I kinda combined them into pretty much the same character. It's interesting as I loved MB's counterpart, Modulok.

Extendar was pretty wack.

Although I never saw Tytus or Megator in real life, I saw them in ads and didn't care for their designs or concepts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post

There were other characters labeled annoying, like Orko, that had their moments and charm from time to time. Buzz Off was the only one that gave me nothing, at least during the 80s era.
    Interesting, I think Buzz Off (and in turn Webstor) were among my first MOTU figures that I HAD to have. Mutated monster bug dudes... totally my jam! It was ideas and designs like this that drew me into the property and why it made such a lasting impression on me even so many years later.

I liked what they did with them in the 2002 series, I just wish they utilized them more!
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lasher, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    Orko reminds me of Astrid Lindgrens Emil character except in space : both act like kids (Emil IS a kid obviously) , both get into trouble but is forgiven , Orko by MAA and Emil by his dad even though the dad feels like strangling Emil at times

I think Stonedar/Rokkon are cooler than Snout Spout and Extendar , flying comets , to me , is very MotU
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

i refused to was a figure on Teela or Evil Lyn but I would never say they weren't disliked because I didn't feel a strong need to have the Sorceress

most disliked figure?

best I could say is that I loved the 1984 and 1985 lineups so much that some of the heroes after that didn't do it for me even though their features were cool. So figures like Sy Clone, Roboto, Rio Blast, Snout Spout, Stone figure, and even Two Bad was ehhh. They had the features but weren't as colorful as the older figures. late 1986/87 made up for what late 85/1986 lacked.
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

I'm a big fan of cute and silly. I know, not rocking any stereotypes here. Oooh, the girl likes the cute stuff. Though I never had any characters I HATED... just characters I found BORING. That's always been the biggest sin a cartoon can do for me... be boring. So characters who didn't have much personality, no matter how cool they looked or how badass they appeared to be, I just kinda wished would go away so the show could focus on the characters I actually found interesting again. Like Tri-Klops. I never saw the point of him, when Skeletor had so many other lackeys who were actually entertaining to watch.

There is one character, though, that I actually do dislike. I won't say HATE, because that's too stong. But I definitely don't like him. And that's Man-At-Arms. Now, I'll make an exception for Man-At-Arms in the live-action movie, where I think he's the best character... Jon Cypher was just so darned likeable in the role. But other than that, he's the one char I actively dislike.

It's probably just how I was introduced to him. I've mentioned before how my first exposure to MOTU was playing with my uncle's old MOPU action figures, and among them was a Man-At-Arms who had lost one arm and which I, based on my uncle's explanations of the character names, named "Mangled Arms." I may have thought that was his actual name. The first I saw of Man-At-Arms as an actual character was in the MYP cartoon and... I don't know if I was just disappointed that he had two arms, or what, but he just rubbed me the wrong way. He was SO unlikeable. Grouchy and demanding and extremely self-righteous, but when it came down to it he didn't even pull his own weight even though he kept demanding that everyone else should. I also didn't appreciate how he treated Orko, who was my second fave character on the show.

Later on, I saw other incarnations of MOTU, but like I said... except for the live-action movie, Man-At-Arms was always the one character I disliked.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Court Magician
    Orko was for the kids and he kind of became the mascot of the brand for a lot of us.

A character like that has its place, and Orko definitely had his moments.

I liked his writing better when he was written less like a young kid, and more like loyal friend that tried his best, despite his failings, like in episodes like "Disappearing Act". There is something admirable about a character that messes up, but keeps trying. And hey "Dawn of Dragoon" is one of my favorite episodes of MOTU, and "A Talent for Trouble" is one of my favorite She-Ra episodes, so there's that.

Now I wasn't a fan of the episodes that wrote him like a child, like him "running away" or stuff like that.

Basically, I felt the same way about Orko that I did about Snarf in Thundercats. Had his place, had his moments, but could easily get annoying when used in excess.

The Cowboy one with all the guns
    I even forget bis Name

- - - Updated - - -

I found him

I meant Rio blast

Heroic Warrior Horde Cadet Kyle's Avatar
    Any "cutesy" comic relief character.
    Orko, Kowl, Lookee, Broom, Filmation Madame Razz
    Prince Adam
    Cringer
    Dylamug
    Adora (Only exception is Netflix She Ra)

Most Filmation versions of characters.
    Last edited by Horde Cadet Kyle; July 7, 2021 at 04:31am.

Heroic Warrior
    I remember really hating Buzz Off for a while. At this point though, I'm more or less neutral towards him. There's not really any characters I hate with a passion, except occasionally me being annoyed with them in certain particular episodes or iterations.

I also had a phase where I didn't really like MYP Man-At-Arms, since he was much more abrasive towards Orko than he was in Filmation, and idk if they ever planned on addressing it or not but since they kept placing Orko's character developments on the backburner until the show got cancelled, I guess we'll never find out.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    I remember really hating Buzz Off for a while. At this point though, I'm more or less neutral towards him. There's not really any characters I hate with a passion, except occasionally me being annoyed with them in certain particular episodes or iterations.

I also had a phase where I didn't really like MYP Man-At-Arms, since he was much more abrasive towards Orko than he was in Filmation, and idk if they ever planned on addressing it or not but since they kept placing Orko's character developments on the backburner until the show got cancelled, I guess we'll never find out.
    I didn't like most of the MYP heroic characters, for that reason. Most of them were too abrasive for me. Duncan was, and Teela ... ooooh, boy, I couldn't stand her. Randor annoyed me because he seemed more abrasive than the filmation counterpart, too (And filmation Randor could be a real jerk.) Even the Sorceress seemed on permanent anger mode. Marlena wasn't a jerk, but she cried too much, and Adam was the exact kind of loser than Filmation Randor accused his son of being all the time. You're 16 and don't know the proper protocol for eating at a formal diner? OKAY. The only MYP character I did like was Orko (well, and the villains. Why were they villains? Everyone in Eternia was a jerk, might as well join Skeletor's side.)

As for Filmation, the only person I didn't like as well as the others was Teela. She complained all the time and was a jerk to the hero 90% of the time. Here's hoping Kevin Smith makes her more likable, and not LESS likeable, like the 2012-2013 comics did. Randor annoyed me at least 60% of the time he was onscreen.

I didn't care for Bow or Sea-Hawke in the original She-Ra, and I ...strongly disliked every character in the Netflix Reboot.

Heroic Warrior
    As far as the toys went I'm not a huge fan of Zodac or Stratos, pretty meh and bland designs.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    As far as the toys went I'm not a huge fan of Zodac or Stratos, pretty meh and bland designs.
    My three favorite figures as a child are the first three I ever owned… Stratos. Zodac, and Skeletor
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    Rokkon and Stondar. Idk, I've never owned either of them as a toy, but I just don't like their designs. Idk, I like the concept, just not the execution.

Also, Evil Lyn in her vintage colors. Idk, something about the yellow skin makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    I didn't like most of the MYP heroic characters, for that reason. Most of them were too abrasive for me. Duncan was, and Teela ... ooooh, boy, I couldn't stand her. Randor annoyed me because he seemed more abrasive than the filmation counterpart, too (And filmation Randor could be a real jerk.) Even the Sorceress seemed on permanent anger mode. Marlena wasn't a jerk, but she cried too much, and Adam was the exact kind of loser than Filmation Randor accused his son of being all the time. You're 16 and don't know the proper protocol for eating at a formal diner? OKAY. The only MYP character I did like was Orko (well, and the villains. Why were they villains? Everyone in Eternia was a jerk, might as well join Skeletor's side.)

As for Filmation, the only person I didn't like as well as the others was Teela. She complained all the time and was a jerk to the hero 90% of the time. Here's hoping Kevin Smith makes her more likable, and not LESS likeable, like the 2012-2013 comics did. Randor annoyed me at least 60% of the time he was onscreen.

I didn't care for Bow or Sea-Hawke in the original She-Ra, and I ...strongly disliked every character in the Netflix Reboot.
    200X could be really hard to watch sometimes because yes, Randor and Teela didn't know the truth and if Adam was as cowardly and unreliable as he pretended to be Eternia would be doomed but come on, chill. Duncan was also too mean to Orko.

From the Filmation shows, I can't stand Hordak and Catra. The former because he lacks charisma and why does he snores at the end of every sentence? And Catra...god, that voice. I also dislike Beastman and Triklops because their Filmation designs were super ugly.

Heroic Warrior
    Man-E-Faces. I don't mind the Jekyll/Hyde/ummm... Robot. concept, but the idea that he's some master actor and disguise artist by simply spinning his face was just stupid. Man-E had a LOT going on with that body... and he ain't fooling ANYone.

Ram Man. The toy was fun about a week or so tops. 2 points of articulation and could never ride a wind raider, Sky Sled or Battle Cat? People complain about Ninjor and Rio Blast... but for me Ram Man always felt like he belonged to a totally different toy line and was somehow shoehorned into MOTU. He was completely different scale and design. Add in once his spring loaded feature broke... he was a LOT less fun.

And of course the cutesy characters like Orko and Lookee and Kowl... Although kowl had his moments...