Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man & MOTU documentary

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    Well with Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, even toys based on movies from Gremlins, Dune, Terminator, etc im saying that Toys That Made Us just isnt a good idea since the episodes are just too short since theres alot of history etc from Star Wars merchandise and the fans plus Gremlins etc.

Theres even other cartoons/action figure series besides Masters of the Universe from back in my day of the 1980s.

Visionaries, Supernaturals, Power Lords, Crystar, Boglins for cripes sake lol.

Toys That Made Us is just not the right way to even talk about old toys at all
    For hardcore fans, you're probably right. But for example, my boss at work (who is slightly younger than I am), wasn't a big toy person. But I told him about the show and he knows (and loves Star Wars, the movies, but never really did the toys), knows He-Man (watched it, but never did the toys)... but he found both interesting, even though he wasn't a toy person himself, because it was just enough information about how the deals were made, what happened, the different people involved, without going so far deep into it, that it reaches the point that it's too much information.

So it's going to vary, depending on the audience. Despite being a huge collector of both Star Wars and He-Man, I actually loved both, because they were just long enough to give me all these cool little details I never knew, but not so long that it was a commitment to watch.

And for what I was saying, about being the right length for people not die hard into it - a new user just signed up with some interesting notes... (also cool that they love Mer-Man!)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3801888

Heroic Warrior
    There were quite a few "emotional" moments for me with this doc.
    It was very professional and informative.
    My only nitpick is that I felt The Movie part was a bit long.

Anyway, I was so happy MOTU was treated with respect. "The Toys That Made Us" usually makes a mockery out of 80s properties. I can't tell if it's inadvertent or intentional.

I'd love more serious projects such as these about MOTU.

Berlin: 'He-Man' Doc Finds U.S. Home With High Octane (Exclusive)
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...octane-1183797

Dolph Lundgren appears in the documentary, which is also being shopped at the European Film Market.

Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, a documentary based on the eternally popular brand, has found a home in North America with High Octane Pictures. The company also will be repping the film to international buyers at this year’s European Film Market.

High Octane president Galen Christy made the deal with FauxPop Media’s Randall Lobb (Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Rob McCallum (Nintendo Quest: The Most Unofficial and Unauthorized Nintendo Documentary Ever!) shortly before EFM.

"The Masters of the Universe brand is bigger than ever — as this very solid documentary reminds us — and we’re excited for North American audiences to see it," said Christy. "This is both an insightful and very entertaining film that’ll appeal to fans and non-fans of Masters."

From concept to comic book, cartoons, movies and beyond, the enormous popularity of Masters of the Universe has spawned legions of loyal fans who’ve turned the cosmically powered barbarian into an industry. Decades after its creation, the Masters of the Universe brand is still going strong — a franchise rich in collectibles, conferences and, more importantly, universal themes that still resonate with audiences after all these years. The film also covers sister series She-Ra, which remains just as popular.

By talking to industry insiders, artists, writers, voice actors and the fans themselves, the filmmakers will uncover the truth behind the Power of Grayskull, revealing the rich meaning in a childhood hero whose appeal is much more than simple nostalgia.

Among interviewees on the documentary, Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella, who reflect on their roles as He-Man and Skeletor in the 1987 feature film version of Masters of the Universe.

Power of Grayskull is currently available on Netflix and will be released on DVD and other VOD platforms later this year by High Octane Pictures across North America.
    Upcoming book THE PUNISHER: THE UNTOLD STORY OF AN 80s CULT CLASSIC
    www.twitter.com/punisher_book
    www.instagram.com/punisher_book
    www.facebook.com/ThePunisher.FilmBook

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar

Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Last edited by DynastyMasters; June 22, 2019 at 09:08pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    This appears to be the earlier release version, before they corrected the end-credits with more kickstarter backers whose names were mispelled or completely missing. And other contributors.
    Last edited by Jukka; June 23, 2019 at 03:51am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Really informative and entertaining... need to finish it though...managed to watch only 70% of it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That was really enjoyable. Awesome work everyone!!