Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 200x Second Sub Support Thread

Heroic Warrior
    As much flack as this is going to get me, I'm going to go ahead and say it: one-off characters with no army building capabilities are probably not going to sell a wave.

Maybe Queen Andreeno, Miro, the Skeleton Guards, Illumina and a few others may sell, but the A-list will still need to be sprinkled in there. I'm all about getting as many 200X versions into the Classics line, but you need A-list and many designs are different enough to warrant a new figure.

The Filmation fans have received a whole new line, so why are so many people opposed to the MYP/200X fans getting their ideal versions of A-list characters? Not being hateful, just wondering why people think this way.

Also, anyone know what's up with Emiliano Santalucia? Is he even on board with the use of his character designs? Now that Mattel is out of the picture, is he more open to working with his design ideas? Just curious...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    The Filmation fans have received a whole new line, so why are so many people opposed to the MYP/200X fans getting their ideal versions of A-list characters? Not being hateful, just wondering why people think this way.
    Because this thread is not about a whole new line but about a Sub inside Classics. Therefore, the focus should lie on characters that we didn't get in Classics yet.

To me, Classics was never about getting something that looks like this media or that media but about getting all the characters. Good looking, of course. And in the beginning of the line, that was clearly exactly Mattel's politic, too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Because this thread is not about a whole new line but about a Sub inside Classics. Therefore, the focus should lie on characters that we didn't get in Classics yet.

To me, Classics was never about getting something that looks like this media or that media but about getting all the characters. Good looking, of course. And in the beginning of the line, that was clearly exactly Mattel's politic, too.
    I understand what you are saying, and I agree with your view to an extent. :-)

Perhaps you misunderstand my point, which is not about getting a 200X Classics line, but more about as to why people keep hating on the idea of 200X Classic Variants of the a-list. Many people are open to Evil-Lyn or the Sorceress, but don't like the idea of He-man or Skeletor. I don't get the opposition of A-list version's inclusion into the line. I don't understand it and I want to know why they feel that way. Yes, we have many different versions of He-man, but we don't have an MYP He-man.

This line has encompassed quite a bit, but it seems as if New Adventures, POP and 200X are always getting the short end of the stick. NA, MYP and POP fans support the FILMation and main Classics line and did so to the point that FILM got an entire new line, so why are fans not more supportive of their wants for the line? Especially when it comes to the variants.

Not trying to come off as divisive or hateful and not saying we owe 200X or NA anything, just looking to understand the thought behind the process. :-)

Shouldn't the most popular characters that sell the best be introduced to reinvigorate the line and move the brand forward?

If your nostalgia for the line started with 200X/MYP, shouldn't you have the chance to get your preferred incarnation of A-list characters?

Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and I agree with your view to an extent. :-)

Perhaps you misunderstand my point, which is not about getting a 200X Classics line, but more about as to why people keep hating on the idea of 200X Classic Variants of the a-list. Many people are open to Evil-Lyn or the Sorceress, but don't like the idea of He-man or Skeletor. I don't get the opposition of A-list version's inclusion into the line. I don't understand it and I want to know why they feel that way. Yes, we have many different versions of He-man, but we don't have an MYP He-man.

This line has encompassed quite a bit, but it seems as if New Adventures, POP and 200X are always getting the short end of the stick. NA, MYP and POP fans support the FILMation and main Classics line and did so to the point that FILM got an entire new line, so why are fans not more supportive of their wants for the line? Especially when it comes to the variants.

Not trying to come off as divisive or hateful and not saying we owe 200X or NA anything, just looking to understand the thought behind the process. :-)

Shouldn't the most popular characters that sell the best be introduced to reinvigorate the line and move the brand forward?

If your nostalgia for the line started with 200X/MYP, shouldn't you have the chance to get your preferred incarnation of A-list characters?
    Well first, I for one would be fine with getting 200x variants in something like a themed Ultimates wave or a new line. But in terms of why I don't favor He-Man and Skeletor as 200x variants in the Classics waves proper, it's because I don't think they are visually as different from the Classics designs (keeping in mind that they wouldn't have the 200x stylized anatomy if they are in Classics, and likely they wouldn't have the same level of detail on the armor either) as Sorceress or Evil-Lyn (or Fire Armor Skeletor and Ice Armor He-Man). I'd like to see things like Adam, Buzz Off, and Whiplash bring new size/style bucks to the line, but I don't expect that at this point in the line.

We already have almost all the parts for 200x He-Man now if they wanted to do that themed Ultimates wave too. We've go the mech sword, SA He-Man gave us the head, King Grayskull gave us the armor. All that's left is the 200x sporran for the loin cloth. Perhaps a Fire Armor Skeletor would give them the chance to make a 200x Skeletor head.
    Last edited by gbagok; September 28, 2017 at 06:46pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd love to get General Rattlor. Waaaay different from all of the other Rattlors. Give him the MYP color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Evil-Lyn is my #1 200x WANT. I want an Evil-Lyn in the Classics line who has her OWN outfit - and who is visually tied to her father, Faceless One. I want an Evil-Lyn who looks like the MYP cartoon with purples and black and olive in her costume.
    Agreed. That was the whole point of asking for the variant in the first place, which Mattel got totally wrong.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    they are still soo many 200x characters they need to make

King Taurius
    Centaur Chieftain
    mvc skeleton guard
    royal council guard
    Bone Warrior
    snake alliance evil-lyn
    Queen Andreenos
    illumina
    200x hawke
    200x sorceress
    Other 200x Snake Men
    king grayskull's death council
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog