Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Chill for Frosta

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Too big for MOTUC's
    I actually think it's too small for those Frozen dolls as it's certainly NOT in scale with them (just look at the size of the stair case and balcony compared to the dolls) It would be interesting to see a MOTUC Frosta with this playsey for sure!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That would look pretty cool with the POP figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Sigh...You guys made me buy a dollhouse...Are you happy now?!

Actually, the Frozen Ice Palace is a pretty neat find so thanks for the heads-up, especially on the Amazon deal! I was able to buy this in the last hour of the sale and got this for less than $80!

So does it really work for MOTUC figures?

I'm glad to see that it certainly does! Nearly everything in this set is scaled just right for 7" figures, expect for some of the larger doll-sized furniture, like the vanity table. The throne and ice bed, however, are scaled just right and can be used. Even the smaller accessories, like the scepter, food trays, and goblets, look better with MOTUC figures. The main attraction is the castle itself, though, so here are some new pics of the fully assembled playset...

Once fully raised, this castle is taller than Castle Grayskull! It's also slightly wider, so there's plenty of open space to display figures. I was tempted to repaint this to look more like the Crystal Castle but honestly, this playset looks great enough on its own to show off your POP figures nicely!

Well, I hope you like the new pics and I recommend this playset to anyone who wants a cool (No pun intended) display set for their POP/GB collection. Just be aware that this thing takes up a lot of space...I don't know where I'm gonna put Snake Mountain now, heheh!
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

Now I have to buy a Frozen Ice Palace, thanks guys
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

That is awesome! I remember seeing this last year and thinking the exact same thing. (Maybe I'll grab one someday; these sorts of things can be found on the cheap down the line most often.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    If I had the room, I would get this (and make sure I dispose of the packaging ASAP) I think it looks great with the MOTUC figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Sigh...You guys made me buy a dollhouse...Are you happy now?!

Actually, the Frozen Ice Palace is a pretty neat find so thanks for the heads-up, especially on the Amazon deal! I was able to buy this in the last hour of the sale and got this for less than $80!

So does it really work for MOTUC figures?

I'm glad to see that it certainly does! Nearly everything in this set is scaled just right for 7" figures, expect for some of the larger doll-sized furniture, like the vanity table. The throne and ice bed, however, are scaled just right and can be used. Even the smaller accessories, like the scepter, food trays, and goblets, look better with MOTUC figures. The main attraction is the castle itself, though, so here are some new pics of the fully assembled playset...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psegaodeyq.jpg

Once fully raised, this castle is taller than Castle Grayskull! It's also slightly wider, so there's plenty of open space to display figures. I was tempted to repaint this to look more like the Crystal Castle but honestly, this playset looks great enough on its own to show off your POP figures nicely!

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps5vwlolie.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...pspcw7zsaw.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psxbm9fojs.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps9p4t482e.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psrritkor5.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psabsumtpw.jpg

Well, I hope you like the new pics and I recommend this playset to anyone who wants a cool (No pun intended) display set for their POP/GB collection. Just be aware that this thing takes up a lot of space...I don't know where I'm gonna put Snake Mountain now, heheh!

I picked this up at the Amazon sale as well and it arrived at my door on my day off and the kids weren't home. PHEW,

Dodged a bullet there because I would've had a hard time explaining to daughter that the playset is NOT FOR HER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    If I had the room, I would get this (and make sure I dispose of the packaging ASAP) I think it looks great with the MOTUC figures.
    Yes that is a problem I face now. I wish I was home since the kids are at school I would be able to open it and discreetly dispose of the box by throwing it in my neighbors trash.

And yes I do blame the Member who pointed out the Amazon sale, for practically shoving the sale down my throat and forcing me to buy this Frozen princess castle or whatever this wonderful piece of plastic is called.
    Last edited by THE SEEKERS; November 30, 2015 at 03:49pm.

Heroic Warrior

For any Aussies that are after this castle, Big W is the only local stockist.
    I'll be picking one up this weekend.

I'm super tempted to repaint the inside a little darker for a more "Crystal Castle" look. Especially with that light up floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    For any Aussies that are after this castle, Big W is the only local stockist.
    I'll be picking one up this weekend.

I'm super tempted to repaint the inside a little darker for a more "Crystal Castle" look. Especially with that light up floor!
    Having Light Hope on the spinning light up floor is going to be aces!

It really looks great in those photos.

I can't wait to get mine put together and set up. I just gotta make room.

You got a bunch of guys to buy a dollhouse, and they love it. Well played, Mattel - well played.

Of course, now I'm stalking the 'Frozen' section of the toy aisle just in case I find one of these at a too-good-to pass-up pre/post-Christmas clearance price.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Having Light Hope on the spinning light up floor is going to be aces!
    OMG!! Are you serious? This thing sounds amazing!!! Why did I ever find this thread?! Suddenly this Frozen castle has just leaped frogged several MotU items I need to complete my collection. This can be my Crystal Castle!!! This would be so much fun customizing!!! Thank God it's Christmas time because otherwise this 40 years old 270lb bodybuilder would look real funny going through check out at Wal Mart with a doll house and no kids.

Thanks for posting pics guys. You really sold this thing to me!! Now to find the best Christmas sales coming up since Black Friday is gone.
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

It really does go well with MOTUC figures and is perfectly in scale!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Well I'm a hundred bucks lighter tonight after reading this thread and seeing the pictures. I had to run out and buy it!! This is one huge, awesome castle to use for Classics!! Soon as I got back home I put it together and put some Classics inside to see what it looked like. Yeap, I love this giant playset for little girls . Now I can start customizing the castle to make it my own Crystal Castle!!

20151204_232816.jpg20151204_232842.jpg20151204_232915.jpg20151204_232941.jpg20151204_233048.jpg20151204_233103.jpg20151204_233134.jpg20151204_233239.jpg20151204_233342.jpg
    Last edited by Garn; December 5, 2015 at 01:20am.

I showed my wife the pics...guess I'm buying a castle

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I showed my wife the pics...guess I'm buying a castle

That's the exact same thing I did today!! My wife even help me put it together while we watched She-Ra. Fun times!! Hopefully you don't regret it. I LOVE mine!!

Any Canadians with a Giant Tiger in their neck of the woods who wants this ice castle might want to check there.
    I just found one in Perth, ON for $45.99

What is it like disassembled?

It might be easy to spray paint it so that it's colors are like the vintage toy and/or the cartoon.

And that would be simple if the pieces were disassembled.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

It might be easy to spray paint it so that it's colors are like the vintage toy and/or the cartoon.

It comes in sections that could easily be painted one at a time. That's a brilliant idea to spray paint it along with using brushes on certain parts. When I put it together the pieces snapped together lightly so disassembling it shouldn't be that difficult either. (Hopefully) I actually bought a really nice paint gun last year that I used to paint my basement/weight room Castle Grayskull colors.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Watch the instructional video at the bottom of this page. It shows all the pieces and how to assemble it.

http://www.target.com/p/disney-froze...t/-/A-17328556

Hey gang, I have an extra one of these if anyone is interested. I posted a new thread about it in the misc market place.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I need to get mine out of the box - it's been sitting in the basement and I haven't gotten around to it. Those are great pix, folks!

Thanks for posting and especially for the pics, the scale looks great! Since when is a little too big a problem anyway?! But from the photos the set looks horribly undersized for its intended scale and ideal for the robust 7" MotU ladies!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    that is really awesome!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great playset: it looks better in proportions than castle grayskull itself with motuc.

...that rotating base seems to be made with spinnerella in mind!