Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Horse: A Complete Guide to the Classic Animated Adventures

Bummed we won't get the newspaper strip collection, but awesome that another book is coming out! Have to keep my fingers crossed good things keep coming!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    I'm loving these Black Horse Motu books.
    I can see me collecting them for a few years as long as the quality is the same and the price doesn't go up much

I would love a book only dedicated to MOTUC collection or to 200x cartoons

With James Eatock involved, this book is sure to be another home run. Really looking forward to this release.

And still keeping my fingers crossed for a Vintage MOTU Toy Guide!!! Thank you Dark Horse!

Heroic Warrior
    Now we know why James never released a She-Ra guide. Dark Horse, take my money! I'm about eighty pages into the mini-comics book, and I love it. The quality is great. I'm glad that the book will only be Filmation as the Jetlag NA show was, for the most part, not very good, and I want nothing to do with the MYP show. Now, all I want is a book with the complete Marvel Star Comics run, including the movie adaptation. Maybe it could also include the original DC three-issue series along with DC Comics Presents #47. Hopefully, that's the next project!
    Many successful transactions!

I think this is going to be a fantastic book but I don't really feel the cover represents the content in an appropriate way. She-Ra should be on the cover in an equal way to He-Man. A fan has created this image which was posted on FB and I think it is beautiful....and truly represents the contents of the book and the equal importance of both He-Man and She-Ra within the Filmation universe.

I hope if you agree with this and would like to see She-Ra on the cover of this book in an equal way to He-Man you will consider letting Dark horse know how you feel. I myself just left them a nice message on their Facebook group (which is easy to find) saying why I feel the cover should be looked at again.

Last edited by Angel-T; December 6, 2015 at 09:06am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Bummed we won't get the newspaper strip collection,
    Me too.

but awesome that another book is coming out! Have to keep my fingers crossed good things keep coming!
    Amen to that!

Grimbot is probably to blame for no newspaper strip book. That fella is always up to something.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    SOLD!

Feel like opening scene of Phantom of the Opera here.

Seriously, this book is right to the top of my want list. I'm still digesting my mini comic collection, but given my He-Man fandom began with the Filmation cartoon and the 2.0 line launching, this is going to be popular.

Hmmm... come to think of toys, wonder if there is talk of doing an action figure guide, vintage to Matty. Enquiring minds...

Excellent news on another book, but I was hoping for a newspaper strip collection next so fingers still crossed for that. :hmgrinn:
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Color me interested. Never got to see the first guide when it was just He-Man, and I always love trivia I don't know.

Not something I actually want, but I'll enthusiastically buy it to support more MOTU Dark Horse content!
    Check out The Erotic Adventures of Buck Thruster! (Space Captain) on Amazon Kindle!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Not something I actually want, but I'll enthusiastically buy it to support more MOTU Dark Horse content!
    My thoughts exactly!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Cool. I like the MOTU book line expanded. Now I want to see the magazine comics in the same format the mini comics book was released in order to have a matching collection of books.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Another purchase.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I can't believe it!
    And so soon after the MOTU mini comic hard bound release too! :o
    I'm getting it, but Im hoping there is a good deal on Amazon, cuz I'm a little broke from this month. :o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I think this is going to be a fantastic book but I don't really feel the cover represents the content in an appropriate way. She-Ra should be on the cover in an equal way to He-Man. A fan has created this image which was posted on FB and I think it is beautiful....and truly represents the contents of the book and the equal importance of both He-Man and She-Ra within the Filmation universe.

I hope if you agree with this and would like to see She-Ra on the cover of this book in an equal way to He-Man you will consider letting Dark horse know how you feel. I myself just left them a nice message on their Facebook group (which is easy to find) saying why I feel the cover should be looked at again.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps90cm2got.jpg
    Yeah, I felt that as well when I first seen that cover.
    When I read it was 500 pgs with both he-man & she-ra I was like
    hey shouldn't she-ra take a spot right next to he-man on the cover!?
    that art pic is exactly how the cover should look.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Sadly it would seem that the creative director of the project arguably does not deem She-Ra worthy of equal representation next to He-Man on the cover, leaving He-Man all the limelight. It's a missed opportunity IMO to give She-Ra the exposure she deserves on the the cover of a book that is going to heavily focus on her. I think this mock up is how the cover should be....maybe even including the Filmation branding. That said, I am sure the content will be outstanding like it has been for the other books released by Dark Horse.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 7, 2015 at 07:55am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Sadly it would seem that the creative director of the project arguably does not deem She-Ra worthy of equal representation next to He-Man on the cover, leaving He-Man all the limelight.
    That's one heck of an assumption.

...I am sure the content will be outstanding...
    I have no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Now I want to see the magazine comics in the same format the mini comics book was released in order to have a matching collection of books.
    You mean the US magazines? Or the UK comic magazine? or...?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

This announcement is great news and has led me to post on the forum for the first time in many many years. Great stuff!

When I say the creative director I mean at Dark Horse themselves not any fans involved with the project. That said with passionate Filmation fans involved with the project like James Eatock and I assume your good self, I am surprised the cover came out only featuring He-Man instead of both the Twins.

I would have hoped Dark Horse would have taken the fan consultants guidance in such matters. Or maybe they did as that's how the fans involved saw it? Which I would find very surprising. Unless someone speaks up I guess we won't know. Regardless I feel it was a poor decision and She-Ra has been sold short because of it.

I would also love to see a collection of the US MOTU & POP Magazines also the UK He-Man adventure, Masters of the Universe, Princess of Power and NA Themed He-Man Adventure magazines. They are the largest collection of comics so far I believe. I have all 70+ MOTU and 14 POP comics many still poly bagged and containing their free gifts. The colors are still crisp and sharp if Dark Horse need access to the comics for high level scanning I would be happy to lend them my collection.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 7, 2015 at 09:53am.

Just preordered on Amazon! Can't wait!

Link
    Last edited by NorthCoast; December 7, 2015 at 01:10pm.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

I'm good with whatever cover they want....all I really care about is what's inside the book! Maybe someone could produce alternate slip covers....or limited edition ones?!

I think a limited edition with a slip cover with The Twins or She-Ra on the cover would be awesome and balance things nicely.

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just preordered on Amazon! Can't wait!

Link
    Pre-ordered.

They HAD TO name it HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE because of the possibility of the new movie that would be all about him. They concentrate on the name HE-MAN that is going to sell now and THEN when the movie with the same name comes out. (if it ever will)

I think we as fans are nitpicking. The content will definitely be awesomely complete knowing that James is involved.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I hope we'll get something 200x related.. I'm happy for all the Filmation fans though.
    Me too. Get Juuka for that one. He's like the Busta Toons for MYP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    They HAD TO name it HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE because of the possibility of the new movie that would be all about him. They concentrate on the name HE-MAN that is going to sell now and THEN when the movie with the same name comes out. (if it ever will)

I think we as fans are nitpicking. The content will definitely be awesomely complete knowing that James is involved.
    All of the Dark Horse books have been branded like that so far. I think that might be what the brand will be called going forward.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto