Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Horse: A Complete Guide to the Classic Animated Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I would like to see this as well. I think a page or two per figure with packaging art, concept art and pics of the actual figure would be outstanding. Even better is if they did every figure ever made ie. Vintage, NA, 200x, and classics!
    This is what I've been wanting for awhile now. These were THE toys of the 80's. Give me more information,art and pics of the toy line.

Last week I saw the first 48 pages of the book - It looks FANTASTIC - Dark Horse are doing an incredible job with the layout! :)

Let's just say the first 48 pages covers only 15 episodes...featuring roughly 120 images and 16,000+ words - This book is going to be an absolute MONSTER! :)

Sweeeeet. I can't wait!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Last week I saw the first 48 pages of the book - It looks FANTASTIC - Dark Horse are doing an incredible job with the layout!

Let's just say the first 48 pages covers only 15 episodes...featuring roughly 120 images and 16,000+ words - This book is going to be an absolute MONSTER!
    Awesome James!!!! Sounds terrific!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Wooooooooow, Can't wait to see first teasers

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Wow, a monster tome indeed! If the book continues at this page rate for every 15 episodes then it'll be around 416 pages to cover He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and another 298 pages for She-Ra: Princess of Power.

Before Dark Horse is finished we may need to find the most powerful bookshelf in the universe just to hold everything.

It's exciting to see all this interest and care going into new books for MOTU, I can hardly wait to see what Dark Horse will do next.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Wow, a monster tome indeed! If the book continues at this page rate for every 15 episodes then it'll be around 416 pages to cover He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and another 298 pages for She-Ra: Princess of Power.

Before Dark Horse is finished we may need to find the most powerful bookshelf in the universe just to hold everything.

It's exciting to see all this interest and care going into new books for MOTU, I can hardly wait to see what Dark Horse will do next.
    haha I was about to say the exact same thing. I have the Art book which I can't look at enough and my Mini Comics collection is on its way next week. Most likely will end up with this one as well and love what I'm hearing about it. Dark Horse is knocking it out of the park for MOTU!

I was more pleased if it would be a complete motu magazine omnibus first. But this is great too.
    I really like whath they are doing at DC atm.

Magazines complete collection next pleas ;-)
    80's motu collector. www.dadude.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Last week I saw the first 48 pages of the book - It looks FANTASTIC - Dark Horse are doing an incredible job with the layout!

Let's just say the first 48 pages covers only 15 episodes...featuring roughly 120 images and 16,000+ words - This book is going to be an absolute MONSTER!
    Very cool -- is it mainly an episode guide or does it primarily feature behind-the-scenes artwork and info on the development of the show?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I think this is going to be a fantastic book but I don't really feel the cover represents the content in an appropriate way. She-Ra should be on the cover in an equal way to He-Man. A fan has created this image which was posted on FB and I think it is beautiful....and truly represents the contents of the book and the equal importance of both He-Man and She-Ra within the Filmation universe.

I hope if you agree with this and would like to see She-Ra on the cover of this book in an equal way to He-Man you will consider letting Dark horse know how you feel. I myself just left them a nice message on their Facebook group (which is easy to find) saying why I feel the cover should be looked at again.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps90cm2got.jpg
    You're right! He-man and She-ra look so sexy together.

Widget
    wonder how much info there is about she-ra inc artwork

i know it says every episode but that could just mean a mention of the episode titles

im not a he-man fan only liked the she-ra series so would buy it for her long as there is plenty....when is the release and where can we buy as im in uk

Quote Originally Posted by marklola View Post
    i know it says every episode but that could just mean a mention of the episode titles
    The POP section is in-depth like the MOTU section.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    Then the cover should look like this:

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by marklola View Post
    im not a he-man fan only liked the she-ra series so would buy it for her long as there is plenty....when is the release and where can we buy as im in uk
    Everything reported so far indicates the content will be of excellent quality for both He-Man and She-Ra.

Release date is this year August 30th.

You can pre-order it already from Amazon.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    All these MotU books have been fantastic! Can't wait to add this one to my bookcase!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    This is what I've been wanting for awhile now. These were THE toys of the 80's. Give me more information,art and pics of the toy line.
    Yeah, count me in for this too!!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    All these MotU books have been fantastic! Can't wait to add this one to my bookcase!
    I know I'm stoked!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, they're amazing. I hope someday we'll see MOTU encyclopedia or MYP animated series guide.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I would like to see a complete guide with golden and sunbird also
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Wouldn't it better if there was a book collecting all those stories like the minicomic one?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Wouldn't it better if there was a book collecting all those stories like the minicomic one?
    I'm on the same page. I'd love to see those in their own book.

Is that what you meant, mikerobertschamp? Because it also can read like you are saying this Filmation guide won't be complete without those books included.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    That's what I meant it's own book, not in this book, I don't need anything to get in the way of this great up and coming source book. I feel each area should get a book, we got art of, mini comics, animated series on its way. Do one with regular comics and magazines, one with golden/ladybird books and audio plays. Then make a second animated series with 200X, and NA. That would give us the ultimate source guide books point blank period.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Some awesomeness from James Eatock! Brings back memories of the old school episode review site.

Could it be for the upcoming Dark Horse MOTU Filmation guide? Guess we'll find out in August!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Me too. I'm hoping they decide to tackle the MotUverse Encyclopedia, a much long-needed reference to all the characters, races/species, giants, beasts, vehicles, weapons/artifacts, magic/spells, planets/galaxies/dimensions, regions/countries/cities/villages/locations, and buildings (with illustrations, maps, cross-sections, summary articles, thematic lists, cross-references, notes on the different canon versions/interpretations, etc). If they put into it the level of care they seem to be putting into this Filmation guide, a 1,000-page Dark Horse MotUverse Encyclopedia could be totally epic!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Me too. I'm hoping they decide to tackle the MotUverse Encyclopedia, a much long-needed reference to all the characters, races/species, giants, beasts, vehicles, weapons/artifacts, magic/spells, planets/galaxies/dimensions, regions/countries/cities/villages/locations, and buildings (with illustrations, maps, cross-sections, summary articles, thematic lists, cross-references, notes on the different canon versions/interpretations, etc). If they put into it the level of care they seem to be putting into this Filmation guide, a 1,000-page Dark Horse MotUverse Encyclopedia could be totally epic!
    Epic, yes. Because what you described would be an astounding feat. The amount time and resources that it would take to make that kind of book boggles the mind.

The beauty of episode guide is that James and Zadoc had done the episode review site back in the day. After that, James had already done the unofficial MOTU guide. He fortunately had a foundation upon which he could build. But even with all of that, it took over half a year for the book content to be created.

The minicomic book was no different. Even with original comics to scan, it still took a massive amount of hours. Everyone who worked on that gave up a half a year of all their free time.

And I know Tim and Steve Seeley spent a similar amount of time on the Art of MOTU book.

Imagine the type of masochism involved from anyone who would work on your dream project.