Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating the MOTUC vintage roadmap completion!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Celebrating the MOTUC vintage roadmap completion!

Well, this month marks the end of the condensed vintage figure roadmap. I say that's cause for celebration!

We, the fans, made it to this point; it's pretty amazing and awesome to have the vintage characters all Classicized. Sure, we are missing some vintage stuff still (Meteorbs, some alternate looks, other great vehicles, playsets, beasts, and accessories), and hopefully they'll all get made too. But the original vintage figure selection, and so much more, has been made. It's December 2015, this line started in 2008, that's quite a long time for a toy line.

Despite all the Digital River issues, quality control issues, questionable figure selections, crazy sub drives, etc.... we made it to the end (and then some come 2016 with Collector's Choice)! For those that left collecting the line, I totally understand, you had good reason. But for those of us that made it to the end despite it all, what a great feat for an online only (mostly) and pricey line. It defies convention.

I can sit back and see how much of a dream line this has been. Thank you Four Horsemen for your incredible renditions of these beloved characters. Without you, there would be no Classics. Thank you Mattel for greenlighting it and keeping it going. And thank you fellow fans for making sure Mattel heard our thoughts, our concerns, our suggestions, etc.... it made for a better line.

So cheers to the completion of the condensed roadmap!

Elder Councilman
    Here here!

I will support this thread, all the way!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Well it's not truly complete until Mattel finish the remaining POP variants. Original Toy She-Ra, Starburst She-Ra, Savage Catra, Scratching Sound Catra and Shower Power Catra.

Once those five figures have been included then the line we will have a truly complete roster of the vintage 80's MOTU and POP characters.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 13, 2015 at 04:33am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Wholeheartedly agreed!

And if this doesn't prove that Masters of the Universe is still a much loved property, with an awesome potential, even in todays digital age, I don't know what will..!
    Leech sucks..!

To be fair none of the vintage lines were completed.
    Without counting Playsets or Vehicles all 3 vintage lines are still incomplete.
    No Stridor, Mantisaur, or Meteorbs to say we completed the CHARACTERS/STEEDS in the OG MOTU
    No Starburst She-Ra, or any Catra Variants (Scratching Sounds, Shower Power) or any of the other steeds to complete POP
    Most of the NA Roster is MIA.

But with that said, Classics is still the most amazing MOTU line.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Well it's not truly complete until Mattel finish the remaining POP variants. Original Toy She-Ra, Starburst She-Ra, Savage Catra, Scratching Sound Catra and Shower Power Catra.

Once those five figures have been included then the line we will have a truly complete roster of the vintage 80's MOTU and POP toys.
    No one is making such a big fuss over these variants anymore for some reason...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Believe me i still do want them and hope they will come but most people seem to be grateful with what we got and do not always dwell in whatcould(should?)havebeen-land , that´s all.

And i really want a Catra version in her vintage outfit preferable in red instead of pink!

That said:

I think it´s amazing that we got all vintage characters and even characters we should have been getting back in the vintage lines

*Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Well, if anyone wants to make a fuss about them, this thread has a link to any remaining vintage support threads! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ms-in-Classics!

I think in terms of the revised road map, it's great we finally made it! http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=26482

Personally I feel there is nothing to celebrate while there are still more vintage figures to make like the POP variants.

That's cause currently we have bigger problems with this line that need to be addressed first.

Are you asking me? lol It's good feelings mixed with a sense of completism/perfection but as someone has just said, there are still some figures that should be made from different factions.
    For sure, vintage MOTU is finally complete and that goal has succesfully been exectued, no question about it but I want more vehicles, creatures and possibly Eternia (playset) lol
    Last edited by Triklops 1; December 13, 2015 at 03:18pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

I am ecstatic over the completion of the vintage MOTU line. Honestly, I'm just happy we made it this far and that we're still going. I am a completist (although, I have missed a precious few figs) but Masque in January really completes all of my original wants so everything else on top of it is icing on the cake. Long live MOTUC (in some form).

For me it is also just such a sense of relief. Getting all the figures Directly "promised" was way harder then I could ever talk about publicly. The best way to put it was the whole roadmap felt like a Tertris(tm) puzzle, with essential triggers like minimal sell in, add in subs and the like needing to all hit to pull this off. (Not to mention the behind the scenes battles that were way more intense then any reversed shoulder or missing sticker ever was publicly!)

I'm so thrilled we are at least getting a 2016 to top off some of those "just didn't make it" characters.

For a line that was supposed to go 3 2-packs and a Sdcc item, girl you've come a long way.

Completing the vintage collection as promised remains one of the things I am most proud of in my decade at Mattel. Few (if any?) collector lines have reproduced an entire vintage line in modern style. Couldn't have done it without everyone supporting this line. I'll treasure there figures my whole life.

Heroic Warrior

not celebrating until.........

I get disco skeletor and grayskull powered skeletor.

It could just be that you spend time in spaces where people who want those things aren't spending time anymore.

A huge bulk of the POP fans don't come to the org much anymore, for a number of reasons.

But people want those variants...

Fortunately there's hope for some...

As for the line... I love it. I've always loved it. I will always love it.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 12, 2015 at 05:52pm.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    For me it is also just such a sense of relief. Getting all the figures Directly "promised" was way harder then I could ever talk about publicly. The best way to put it was the whole roadmap felt like a Tertris(tm) puzzle, with essential triggers like minimal sell in, add in subs and the like needing to all hit to pull this off. (Not to mention the behind the scenes battles that were way more intense then any reversed shoulder or missing sticker ever was publicly!)

I'm so thrilled we are at least getting a 2016 to top off some of those "just didn't make it" characters.

For a line that was supposed to go 3 2-packs and a Sdcc item, girl you've come a long way.

Completing the vintage collection as promised remains one of the things I am most proud of in my decade at Mattel. Few (if any?) collector lines have reproduced an entire vintage line in modern style. Couldn't have done it without everyone supporting this line. I'll treasure there figures my whole life.
    Here here!

I feel my collection is complete and everything else now is just gravy. I support the spirit of this thread. What a wild ride it's been!

It's good but a lot of characters not yet made are big wants for me still. I think at least Miro, Hawk, and Granita plus the rest of NA are needed. I'm glad we got through the "obligated" list even though it had several clunkers IMO.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 12, 2015 at 06:57pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I certainly think we will have hit a milestone at the end of this month. All standard figures and variants from the original 1982-1988 line, and all standard POP figures, most of the major Filmation characters, most major 200x characters, many major NA characters, some major mini comic characters, and many concept characters we could never have imagined getting back in 2008. I think the line could probably go on a few more years to help round out some missing holes that will get this collection even closer to being complete. With the large cache of characters that could get made, as well vehicles, beasts, horses, playsets, and oversized characters that haven't been made yet, it's unlikely we will ever get everything, but I don't think that means the collection will be incomplete.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It's good but a lot of characters not yet made are big wants for me still. I think at least Miro, Hawk, and Granita plus the rest of NA are needed. I'm glad we got through the "obligated" list even though it had several clunkers IMO.
    Yes, there are a few I need to feel like I got everything besides gravy.

Granita
    Miro
    Dree-Elle
    Montork
    Quakke
    Sebrian
    Hawke (Delora)
    Dylamug
    Starburst She-Ra
    Catra (toy version)
    Kayo
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes, there are a few I need to feel like I got everything besides gravy.

Granita
    Miro
    Dree-Elle
    Montork
    Quakke
    Sebrian
    Hawke (Delora)
    Dylamug
    Starburst She-Ra
    Catra (toy version)
    Kayo
    Yes, and Hunga! Of course I won't say no to gravy if it's Lodar, Garn, Rana, Dakon, Masks of Power Demons, Tarrak, Ceril, Damon, Lady Slither, Ra-Jar, Hans Hammerholder, Fang-Or, Gray, Sharella, and naturally Illumina, but frankly this line would go on forever if I could make that call.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

Once those five figures have been included then the line we will have a truly complete roster of the vintage 80's MOTU and POP toys.
    To be clear, those variants are required to have a complete PoP Classics line - which was never the stated goal, but NOT for a complete MOTU line.

Anyway, yes, this is cause for great celebration. It is something for those involved and those who collected to celebrate!

It will be quite some time before I have a full (or full-ish) collection myself. But hey, I finally have a Whiplash, a BA He-Man, Point Dread w/ Teela Flintstone, and a Dekker all in the mail on their way to me, and I recently got The Goddess, single-carded Stratos, and a Shadow Demon, so I'll get there slowly!

Also, I don't feel like Rotar and Twistoid have had their proper release yet....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

Thank you!
    Last edited by No-Ah; December 12, 2015 at 10:53pm.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    It truly is amazing. I got the December figures today - set up Dare, fiddling with the Laser Light figures - and enjoying the two mini-comics and reflecting.

I found the .org right before the 200x era, was devastated at that era's early end. Jumped on the MOTUC era from day one - and what a ride this has been. So much has changed in all these years, so many highs and lows - definitely a ride, but I'm thrilled with my (huge) MOTUC collection

I am astounded we made it this far. I love these figures and I love this line. Thank you to everybody that contributed to it.

The best thing is that there are still more great toys to come - to quote the words of a wise bespectacled purple-spandex-wearing man; if we keep buying them - they will keep making them.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I ended up with more figures that I thought I've ever wanted, I learned a lot while collecting this line... Heck... I even became a POP fan

But now is time to get those figures that I've always wondered why they didn't look like my toys... FILMation He Man and Skeletor!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Whenever I see complaint threads I do think about just how many figures we have gotten. Sure there were issues, but overall it's an amazing line. I remember back in 2009 when things were just getting going thinking we'd never see guys like Mantenna or Modulok as they'd just need too much new tooling and now we've gotten all the figures made. Shoot we've gotten quite a few filmation figures which originally no one thought was going to happen as well as 200x and a pretty full PoP lineup which again was doubtful early on. 2016 is going to get us some stragglers which didn't make the cut which is awesome. I hope we see a 2017 too but honestly we're getting down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of characters (not that some don't deserve figures). Not many toy lines can say it ended 'because they ran out of characters to make'.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It could just be that you spend time in spaces where people who want those things aren't spending time anymore.

A huge bulk of the POP fans don't come to the org much anymore, for a number of reasons.

But people want those variants...

Fortunately there's hope for some...

As for the line... I love it. I've always loved it. I will always love it.
    I agree.... at the very least I think a delux two pack with Starburst She-Ra and Vintage Toy/Savage Catra also including the capes, loin cloths, head dresses & masks, weapons & shields to make the remaining variants could be the way to go.

Starburst She-Ra and Savage Catra need to happen.

Last edited by Angel-T; December 13, 2015 at 05:58am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!