Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Power He-Man & Laser Light Skeletor Arrival Thread

I still stand by the fact that they would be WAY better without the lights and the chunks on the back to hold the batteries, but I DO like them! In fact, I pretty much have only two major complaints, and they're with He-Man: His hand is WIDE open and moving his arm knocks the sword out of his hand all the time, and the armor on his arm is a little loose. The only thing I feel the need to fix is finding a way to keep that freakin' sword in his hand. The other hand holds it! Why the heck is the "sword" hand WIDE open?! BAH! Loose accessories is my number one pet peeve when it comes to toys.

Otherwise: not bad! Light up stuff is fun enough, and Skeletor can still pull off quite a few dynamic poses. I was even able to get the cape off!

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I would love to see this new He-Man head sculpt on King He-Man's body, NA He-Man's body, or BA He-Man's body!

Heroic Warrior
    This set is awesome!!!!!

Initially, based on pics I thought Skeletor's hood was too big. While it's a little oversized, I think the issue is people aren't pushing the hood as far forward as they should. It looks much better when I did that. He feels like an evolution of the NA Skeletor which is cool. The sculpts are fantastic! He-Man's head sculpt is almost as good as the updated "vintage" head we got a while back. I'm really glad they decided to do sculpted on armor for Skeletor this time, so he didn't suffer from bloated armor. The new articulation in He-Man's wrists are nice. All paint apps are good and clean. Nothing really to nitpick about at all with these two. I think I'm gonna say these are now my favorite He-Man and Skeletor variants! A great ending to the vintage characters…now…if only I could get the Energy Zoids…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hey, I've found that sometimes when you press the button, the lights don't go off - they blink and turn on again. Is anybody else having a problem with He-Man being turned on constantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Is anybody else having a problem with He-Man being turned on constantly?
    Sorry just had to laugh at that and how it could sound
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

He-Man's stimulation problems aside, these guys really need to lean on something if youw ant them to stay standing for long. He-Man's armor falls off a lot, too. But aside form that... man, they look good. Did you notice that He-Man has wrist hinges?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Is anybody else having a problem with He-Man being turned on constantly?
    Maybe it's the way you dress around him?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Oh sure, blame the victim, why don'tcha?

He-Man's stimulation problems aside, these guys really need to lean on something if youw ant them to stay standing for long. He-Man's armor falls off a lot, too. But aside form that... man, they look good. Did you notice that He-Man has wrist hinges?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...LaserPower.png
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...LaserLight.png
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...veThePower.png
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...etor-Power.png
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...-VsHeman01.png
    Nice pics. My He-Man actually has no problem standing or keeping his armor on. Skeletor's hood is another story.

He-Man's stimulation problems aside, these guys really need to lean on something if youw ant them to stay standing for long. He-Man's armor falls off a lot, too. But aside form that... man, they look good. Did you notice that He-Man has
    My He-Man stays dressed pretty well. I can't get him posed in a way that has both his feet on the ground. Stiff ankles on the big guy.

I don't remember anyone talking about the wrist hinges. It was a pleasant surprise. Shame about his too-open right hand though. Wonder if it can be modified with heat.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My He-Man stays dressed pretty well. I can't get him posed in a way that has both his feet on the ground. Stiff ankles on the big guy.

I don't remember anyone talking about the wrist hinges. It was a pleasant surprise. Shame about his too-open right hand though. Wonder if it can be modified with heat.
    Yes, just dip his hand in boiling water, and it will return to a smaller size, hold the fingers closed while it cools.

- - - Updated - - -

He-Man's armor falls off a lot, too.
    It clicks into his back, snap it into his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    ARGH! Can't wait for mine to arrive! These two are the highlight of 2015 for me.
    No pun intended, of course!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Yes, just dip his hand in boiling water, and it will return to a smaller size, hold the fingers closed while it cools.

- - - Updated - - -

It clicks into his back, snap it into his back.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough - his shoulder and forearm armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

My He-Man doesn't stay dressd, and when you turn him on, he stays that way.
    Well!

I love these. I absolutely love these. I have zero problems with these and total love. Oh sure, I feel like He Man's arm armour falls off a bit too easily, skeletor wont grip his staff tight enough I can have him hold it lower down easily... but heck that, these are beautiful.

Weirdly (because of the armour?) I really prefer He man to hold the sword in his left hand. Boss!

And the battle continues... in various levels of low lighting!

Last edited by Ridureyu; December 18, 2015 at 08:06am.

I am so excited for my December shipment (heck, even Dare-he's in line for a long overdue custom I've been contemplating). However, it feels like shipping is taking absolutely forever. I know it isn't, but it's the anticipation playing games with my head.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Mine landed yesterday and I'm really REALLY stoked about these figures. Skeletor is my favorite of the two, although I'm warming to He-Man too. The shoulder plate doesn't like to stay on, and when you store his sword on his backpack, all I can hear is the Ghostbusters theme in my head...

This set, IMO, totally overshadowed Dare II and Prahvus. (mine are still in their packaging at the time of writing).

LLSkele.jpg
    Last edited by Thunderkill; December 18, 2015 at 12:39pm.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

And the first review is up - here's a writeup with twenty photos of Laser Power He-Man!
    http://nerditis.com/2015/12/18/life-...erse-classics/

Skeletor will be reviewed on Wednesday.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I really love these guys. Next to Veena, they're my favorites of the year. I absolutely love the light-up gimmick! They did a really nice job with these sculpts, too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quick question: Is the comic hidden in the package somewhere? I keep my stuff MOC, so I don't want to open it; I just want to make sure the comic is there.
    Many successful transactions!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Maybe it's the way you dress around him?
    or undress....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Quick question: Is the comic hidden in the package somewhere? I keep my stuff MOC, so I don't want to open it; I just want to make sure the comic is there.
    It is between the box and the display "diorama" behind the figures.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    or undress....
    Now that's a lovely image...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!