Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Power He-Man & Laser Light Skeletor Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    ...Should I be concerned that my subscription hasn't even renewed yet, let alone gotten a shipping email?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    ...Should I be concerned that my subscription hasn't even renewed yet, let alone gotten a shipping email?
    Yes you should be.

Heroic Warrior

He-Man:

Skeletor:

I fixed He-Man:

Battle in Whispering Woods:

I'm just not a fan of the head we have been getting with general he-man figures. The head looks generic compared to the other sculpts we got. The vintage head and riffs on it are demonstrably better in my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I'm just not a fan of the head we have been getting with general he-man figures. The head looks generic compared to the other sculpts we got. The vintage head and riffs on it are demonstrably better in my opinion.
    Yeah I wish we could get a head pack of just He-Man and Skeletor heads. A couple of the new vintage inspired He-Man heads, another one of this Dolph Lungren inspired head, a couple of Alcala style Skeletor heads. Heck...even another standard Skeletor head because the sculpt is great, but they'd need to go back to the nice washes it was givin in the original release.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I got these a few days ago. I have to say, I wasn't really excited about these variants or the light gimmick, but it really works fantastic for this release. It makes them, to me.

Thankfully in the spring I loaded up on a bunch of extra Oo-Larrs just for the He-Man vintage head, so I put one of those on my Laser Power He-Man. I might use the Laser Power He-Man head for an extra Eternian Palace Guard.

Just received mine today. I think they are both awesome and I've been looking forward to getting them ever since the first time I saw them!! Mine work perfectly and look incredible in the dark especially Skeletor's glowing eyes. I'm a big fan of these two and they are some of my favorites for the whole year along with Ceratus, Queen Veena, extra He-Man head that came with Oo-Larr, Calix and Ninjor.
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

Heroic Warrior

I use the Adam head. I prefer a soft, kinder look for He-Man instead of the angry look of the other head sculpts. That's the beauty of this line, we can all create our ideal versions of each character.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I got them today and really dig the sculpts...I just would have loved (and I KNOW I'm in the minority!) if they'd stuck to the original "no action feature" so I could have these guys with either smaller or no backpacks.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Court Magician
    had no idea this 2pack had a light up feature! wow! now I wish I bought it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I got them today and really dig the sculpts...I just would have loved (and I KNOW I'm in the minority!) if they'd stuck to the original "no action feature" so I could have these guys with either smaller or no backpacks.
    They'd still have them, they just wouldn't do anything. Even with the electronics, there's no reason for them to be that big. I'm sure the batteries they use are those flat kind that are the size of a nickel at most.

He-Man's backpack is removable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I use the Adam head. I prefer a soft, kinder look for He-Man instead of the angry look of the other head sculpts. That's the beauty of this line, we can all create our ideal versions of each character.
    True. I don't mind a kinder looking He-Man just that head sculpt in and of itself doesn't mesh well with the rest of the line imo.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    He-Man's backpack is removable.
    Then I lose his weapon.

Just saying I could've done without the electronics.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

You are not alone.

I would have rather had standard figures with no electronics.

Heroic Warrior
    Then I lose his weapon.

Just saying I could've done without the electronics.
    You could always cut the cord to the sword. But I do understand your sentiment. Still, I'm pretty sure they could have made the packs much smaller than they are, so I don't really view it as an either/or situation, I think Matty just made them that way on purpose.

Although I guess it is always possible Mattel has some kind of archaic regulations involving huge casings for anything that uses batteries, which wouldn't actually surprise me given some of the stupid things we've seen in this line.

Heroic Warrior

True. I don't mind a kinder looking He-Man just that head sculpt in and of itself doesn't mesh well with the rest of the line imo.
    Haha. That's how I feel about all the other He-Man heads we're received. Mine are all in a spare parts bin while I buy up on loose Prince Adam heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    You are not alone.

Yeah, but....

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    You are not alone.

I echo this sentiment.

I created a poll awhile back, and I really wish Mattel and the 4H kept the MOTUC 'no action feature' philosophy with these two. He-Man's weapon (and backpack) are silly looking because of their enormous size, and (while not as bad) Skeletor not having elbow articulation bugs me.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Laser Power He-Man & Laser Light Skeletor Arrival Thread

I can't even get my Skeletor to stand up without using his cape as a third leg. That figure is a disaster, even if his light up eyes are super cool.

He-Man looks cool with the 200x sword that came with Snake Armor He-Man. The silver of the sword matches his gloves, and thematically it fits. Just call him high-tech He-Man or something.

Last edited by hadley; December 20, 2015 at 12:47pm.

I really like this set. Probably my favorite He-Man and Skeletor variants after the NA ones. I'm very keen on the light up elements as well. I don't mind the big backpacks as Eternian technology in general tends to be big an clunky .
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I can't even get my Skeletor to stand up without using his cape as a third leg. That figure is a disaster, even if his light up eyes are super cool.
    This is the real issue with these figures. It is the lack of articulation, that has NOTHING to do with the light up feature.

Skeletor's waist and legs, which have nothing to do with the laser light feature, have 4 major hindrances that needed addressing.

1. Crotch piece is too small, hindering hip movement, ala original King Hsss. It's better than king his, because the crotch piece isn't rock hard plastic, but it still limits forward and back movement.

2. No boot Cut. Since the figure is so top heavy, not having this coupled with the lack of other lower articulation makes standing the figure prohibitivley complicated.

3. Ankle forward and back is severely limited. Having less than a 20° arc of movement on a figure that is top heavy and hard to stand is unaceptable, considering the standard he-man furry boot ankle has almost an 80° arc of movement. You could argue the sculpt hinders this, but that is the job of the engineer to work around it to make it functional. (LP He-man also has VERY limited ankle movement)

4. No ankle rockers on a character with an uneven, pointy side to his foot. The complete lack of ankle rocker on a character with a pointy side to his feet, means that when trying to stabilize his feet, you have to do it on a point, instead of an edge to the foot. Ala Tung lashor, Dactus, etc. All characters with strange, large feet NEED ankle rockers.

With all of his strange weight, and crippled articulation (which has NOTHING to do with the action feature) he is the second hardest figure to stand up, right behind Dactus, and followed closley by Tung Lashor.

Of course, I also think there could have been ways to add at least one or more point of articulation back into his arm, but that is not as a big deal as getting him to stand AT ALL, let alone in any dynamic poses. Even his cape is a little shorter than most, so that makes it almost unusable as a support, unless his legs are spread unnaturally wide.

To reiterate on what many others have said, the backpacks were made overly large for no reason( other than aesthetic, which looks terrible, or to stay true to vintage proportions, but the classic versions are arguably even larger still) unless they were initially planning on using AAA or AA batteries. As it is, they use 3 tiny button cells. They could have made both back packs however large or small as they wanted. Of course, with led and battery tech the way it is now, (See here for examples) they could have had leds and batteries INSIDE He-man's sword, Skeletors hand and wrist, and inside a removable ball jointed head as well.

from He-Bro

With all of this said, and being a supporter of the light up feature, I give the actual overall execution of these figures a C-. Would have been a B if not for the impossible to stand Skeletor.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; December 20, 2015 at 02:14pm.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    He-Man's weapon (and backpack) are silly looking because of their enormous size
    Sadly, they were design choices. There's no reason for them to be so big other than to maintain the look of the vintage figures.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    This is the real issue with these figures. It is the lack of articulation, that has NOTHING to do with the light up feature.

**snip**

Yeah. Brandon really screwed up on these figures IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Haha. That's how I feel about all the other He-Man heads we're received. Mine are all in a spare parts bin while I buy up on loose Prince Adam heads.
    Really??? Lol wow. It just seems to me that we got such nice head sculpts on figures like Fisto and some of the evil warriors but that the standard He-Man/Adam head is so plain.

Heroic Warrior
    Kind of makes me glad I skipped these guys. In fact there was nothing I need from the December sale.