Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 She-Ra statue from PCS

Yeah - that's the point I was trying to make. If i put the tiara down where it feels "right" it's actually really far off-model.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Overall I think she looks great, but with a few minor changes she could be perfect!!!

Not sure I'll be able to round up the money for her, but she's definitely a statue I'd love to add to my collection.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah - that's the point I was trying to make. If i put the tiara down where it feels "right" it's actually really far off-model.
    This is what I'm a little concerned about. If they change stuff in the tooling, we most likely won't see it until production photos surface which is past the point of no return. I think a lot of people have an image in their head that isn't necessarily accurate to the model sheets. So when the changes are made, I can hear people saying well they did what I asked but something is still off.

I personally like it as is. Could it be better? Yes, they could change the base , but I haven't seen any mocked up changes to the head that are no brainers or worth the risk quite honestly. I'd prefer to see what I'm buying when I place my order, and I'm happy to buy what we've been shown.

Looking forward to seeing it at WonderCon. Maybe once it is on display it will ease some of people's concerns.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; March 24, 2016 at 09:57am.

I wouldn't be too worried. They aren't going to change it so it's off-model. I suspect, when they are talking about lowering it slightly, they are talking VERY slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    I have to say I'm not completely enamoured with the figure. It gives me the feeling of being the daughter of She-Ra rather than of She-Ra herself. Perhaps, it's the figures youthful appearance as shown by the lack of obvious eyelashes, the perfect skin, the thin neck, and the lack of toned arms.
    I think she has a youthful appearance because the cheekbones aren't as defined as the straight-on shots of FILMation She-Ra. The tiara wings in the cartoon also seem to be a bit closer to her eyebrows, giving a slightly more narrow appearance to her face, whereas the statue has a fuller face. She's cute as is, but I think those changes would probably make her look more FILMation accurate. To me, Teela looks more like her FILMation self.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think she has a youthful appearance because the cheekbones aren't as defined as the straight-on shots of FILMation She-Ra. The tiara wings in the cartoon also seem to be a bit closer to her eyebrows, giving a slightly more narrow appearance to her face, whereas the statue has a fuller face. She's cute as is, but I think those changes would probably make her look more FILMation accurate. To me, Teela looks more like her FILMation self.
    I agree. Obviously with a 2D drawing you can draw lines that help show age, and with sculpting you can't really do that. If they just drew black lines on her face to define her cheekbones, it would look strange. But I feel like the cheeks could be sculpted in a little more defined way to make up for that.

However, the recent pictures have really changed my mind on the face and I'm much more on board with her look now.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I'm glad they are lowering the tiara a tad. Just for fun, I took this into Photoshop and (totally forgetting source material) just moved it to where I think, visually, it "feels" right to me.

It was an interesting exercise, to me, just because I realized how much farther down I want it to be in my mind's eye and how far off that would be from the actual model sheet. (Her hair is too voluminous like this though for sure.)

Attachment 107815

Oh, and as for the base - I really like it! I like the contrast between the figure and wing/gem detailing and the gray brick. I think it helps it stand out a bit better. She-Ra is really tempting, but I decided to sell my EX. Skeletor and I think I'm going to sell my He-man too. As much as I like these, I don't have a ton of room and kind of had to pick and choose what I wanted to collect. But man, She-Ra looks so good.
    The photoshop work by Joe Amato is really better in my opinion with a lower tiara.
    She looks way more beautiful than she's already been
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    WonderCon pic. No gimmicky photography, think it looks excellent

pic from My Collectible World, statue forum member Oni Akuma 1982.

That does make it look completely different and really nice seeing it in the "flesh", However I think the tiara is still too high IMO. She's is also still on the young looking side. Any other angles?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=574AA829

Last edited by Bilboynnc; March 25, 2016 at 09:35pm.
    By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=574AA829

She looks great!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    She looks great!!
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilboynnc View Post
    That does make it look completely different and really nice seeing it in the "flesh", However I think the tiara is still too high IMO. She's is also still on the young looking side. Any other angles?
    I agree with you regarding the tiara but not for her age because sculpting some signs of aging is really difficult and she would look like way too old and severe. I would rather her perfect face, even if younger than in the cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    WonderCon video courtesy of statue forum member Ehollywood:

WonderCon video courtesy of statue forum member Ehollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=mnNNgl2g9kM
    I like the combo with Kowl as they did with Orko.
    Looking forward to pre order her !

Not sure I love Kowl's position so low near her feet, but otherwise this looks great!

Wow. Somehow that video makes me think she looks pretty much perfect. Funny how different it feels from the static shots.

Video makes all the difference for sure. She looks really good. Kowl was always low and hiding behind her so I don't mind that. The Gem infront though really really takes away from the statute. That really needs to be retooled to look "prettier".
    Wow. Somehow that video makes me think she looks pretty much perfect. Funny how different it feels from the static shots.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Great to see it under real light, and the camera movement helps with the form. Good looking stuff, thanks for sharing that!

Only got to see the base for a moment (00:25), and it only confirmed my worries.

Not sure I like the fact that some of Kowl's flight path is made out of brick. That's just a little odd. Now, if the rocks were more of the organic rugged kind like those on the actual mountain Crystal Castle sits (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ahawkarg/1.jpg), then it would probably blend in fine.

I might actually pass. I hate the base that much.

She-Ra does look pretty cool. I'm def seeing the tiara being high more clearly now. It's not a big issue for me personally, but the lowered mock-ups look like an improvement. So cool that they will try and get that resolved.

Looking forward to both Evil Lynn and Hordak!

--edit-- and Sorceress, sheesh, how did I forget that one!?
    Last edited by Jawbridge; March 28, 2016 at 08:26am.

With the newer pics, That Gem is even more awful than I orginally thought.

Click here to see the gallery on the main page.

With the newer pics, That Gem is even more awful than I orginally thought.

Click here to see the gallery on the main page.
    You are really hard I think she's gorgeous.
    Imo it they just lower a bit the tiara she will be perfect !

You're maybe right. I maybe being too hard of a critic. However, That is a gem stone and it looks like a blob. There is no "Cut" to that gemstone. Surely you can't deny that. I think they have already said they are lowering the tiara didn't they? Although at this point while I agree it needs lowering, I wouldn't be mad if they didn't. It looks fine as it is, Perfect no but fine. Going back to the gemstone, If nothing else make it more clear and put a lil picture of lookie behind it.
    pcs_she-ra_statue_base_full.jpgpcs_she-ra_statue_base-left_full.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    You are really hard I think she's gorgeous.
    Imo it they just lower a bit the tiara she will be perfect !
    Last edited by Bilboynnc; March 29, 2016 at 05:37pm. Reason: clarification

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    You're maybe right. I maybe being too hard of a critic. However, That is a gem stone and it looks like a blob. There is no "Cut" to that gemstone. Surely you can't deny that. I think they have already said they are lowering the tiara didn't they? Going back to the gemstone, If nothing else make it more clear and put a lil picture of lookie behind it.
    I agree 100% it looks bad. It lacks definition, clarity and a range of color. It's just a hazy sad blob instead of a wondrous gem. Filmation accurate ~could~ be interpreted as being painted super flat, unfortunately, adding insult to injury. If we consider this gem part of the hand painted background look, which I do, then this could be embellished upon.

I don't agree about the picture of Lookie though, haha. If Light Hope had an official Filmation form maybe, or Sorceress, but Lookie's not all that. Maybe even Adora, her alter ego, or a scene from her origin. But honestly I'd rather it just look good, instead of jamming an image back there.

The gemstone alone is not enough to save the base though! Save the clock tower! SaAaAave the clock tower!

I agree with your thoughts on Lookie, I was more making a joke on how bad it is. How so many more things could be done to improve it. That was my very least example lol. Alas we are two lonely voices in a sea of consumers here about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I agree 100% it looks bad. It lacks definition, clarity and a range of color. It's just a hazy sad blob instead of a wondrous gem. Filmation accurate ~could~ be interpreted as being painted super flat, unfortunately, adding insult to injury. If we consider this gem part of the hand painted background look, which I do, then this could be embellished upon.

I don't agree about the picture of Lookie though, haha. If Light Hope had an official Filmation form maybe, or Sorceress, but Lookie's not all that. Maybe even Adora, her alter ego, or a scene from her origin. But honestly I'd rather it just look good, instead of jamming an image back there.

The gemstone alone is not enough to save the base though! Save the clock tower! SaAaAave the clock tower!
    Last edited by Bilboynnc; March 29, 2016 at 06:23pm.

You're maybe right. I maybe being too hard of a critic. However, That is a gem stone and it looks like a blob. There is no "Cut" to that gemstone. Surely you can't deny that. I think they have already said they are lowering the tiara didn't they? Although at this point while I agree it needs lowering, I wouldn't be mad if they didn't. It looks fine as it is, Perfect no but fine. Going back to the gemstone, If nothing else make it more clear and put a lil picture of lookie behind it.
    pcs_she-ra_statue_base_full.jpgpcs_she-ra_statue_base-left_full.jpg
    Yea you are right they said that about the tiara.
    Regarding the base you are right though. They could have done better than this. But I don't have any idea of how the base should have looked like with what we see of the Cristal castle in the cartoon.
    They is no door as Castle Grasykull, we have just seen the big picture and then she is in front of the rainbow who talks to her.
    And the ground is like the base of the statue.
    Maybe someone could find a good idea before they start to produce her ?

she_ra__crystal_castle_3d_by_zentron-d4ew22b.jpg The gem in the statue is mean't to be the bottom one on the castle which is the door. When She-ra calls to Light Hope the door shimmers away and she can enter. As you can see from the picture. The statue doesn't do a good job of representing the gem or the rock of skydancer mountain. The Rock is forgiveable IMO but the Gem makes the statue look Cheap again IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Yea you are right they said that about the tiara.
    Regarding the base you are right though. They could have done better than this. But I don't have any idea of how the base should have looked like with what we see of the Cristal castle in the cartoon.
    They is no door as Castle Grasykull, we have just seen the big picture and then she is in front of the rainbow who talks to her.
    And the ground is like the base of the statue.
    Maybe someone could find a good idea before they start to produce her ?