Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your "Holy Grail" for MOTU? Was it hard to find? Your favorite figure?

Court Magician

What is your "Holy Grail" for MOTU? Was it hard to find? Your favorite figure?

What was your hardest to find figures or play sets? What is your "Holy Grail" piece? What is your favorite figure that you have?

Feel free to add what you paid and how you acquired the figure or item(s) if you want and show us some pictures! They can be MIB, MOC, or loose.

You can also share what you're currently looking for that has been hard to find you. Let us know

Thanks for sharing with the community everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

My personal grail piece is my Scareglow MoC in c-8 condition. It is ungraded but I'm almost positive it would grade AFA 80 I just rather have it in a zolo case and personally I don't feel I need to get it graded anyways. I also managed to get it pretty cheap for $300! It was a bit hard finding Scareglow in this condition since if you do find it in c-8 condition MOC it probably will be graded and someone will want $700+

The hardest thing for me to find has been the Laser Light Skeletor figure in c-8 condition. He is loose and I'm still waiting for him in the mail It is the Italian version (which I debate is more rare than the Spanish, not that it matters really.) I bought him from Spain and it should be here right before Christmas. The figure is naked so I will need to try to find his battery pack, cape and staff.

Longest search with many red herrings was for a Los Amos Kobra Kahn White mouth variant. So satisfying to have him in hand and now one of my fav variants.

I only have loose vintage figures as me and the kids play with them all the time... However, my fave scores are definitely (equally and all complete) Scareglow (green axe) King Randor, Ninjor and Clamp Champ. They worked out at around $8 each! (AUD)... as a part of a crazy bulk deal I got a few months ago... which sweetens their appeal I think.

My 'Holy Grail' (which I still seek) would be Saurod as he's potentially within my limited budget and he pops up quite regularly... so there's still hope!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    I only have loose vintage figures as me and the kids play with them all the time... However, my fave scores are definitely (equally and all complete) Scareglow (green axe) King Randor, Ninjor and Clamp Champ. They worked out at around $8 each! (AUD)... as a part of a crazy bulk deal I got a few months ago... which sweetens their appeal I think.

My 'Holy Grail' (which I still seek) would be Saurod as he's potentially within my limited budget and he pops up quite regularly... so there's still hope!
    I have a lot of memories of playing with Saurod! I am looking for him MOC but the price is a bit high so I might get him loose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post

Wow nice score on the lot!

I'm always impressed hearing about all the hardcore collectors and variants "Los Amos Kobra Kahn white mouth variant' for example... wow... where do these even turn up? I guess you guys attend toy fairs etc. or are there secret society online stores? pretty cool either way.

Heroic Warrior
    My Masters chess has 4 Mermistas (Queen's pawn), and getting them all with shells is hard.

My Grail is actually completing the Vintage line MOC and loose. Getting very close. I just purchased Scare Glow,FF Heman,TC Skeletor and Hurricane Hordak. I've been wanting Scare Glow for awhile. He's a first edition,unpunched and clear bubble. Very fortunate to get him through a fellow MOTU buddy. I need all 3 movie figures,Zoids and DB Skeletor.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    My holy grails would be the Canadian Heroic warriors and Evil warriors 3-packs :

Skeletor faker beastman
    and
    He-man teela ramman

Here is the thread I posted on them for years :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-faker-3-packs

$$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Man, Boba_Fett_OX, I have followed your thread for years now!!!! I REALLY hope you can find this rare piece for your collection.

My holy grail is wrapping up my vintage MOC set. The last figure I need for the entire North American set is Skeletor. I have yet to find an acceptable figure at a good price. I literally have every other figure in the line MOC, so this guy is being elusive for me. It has taken me 5 years to track down each and every one of my figures, and I have enjoyed it more than most things in life. It will be quite the day when I can add an MOC Skelly, and sit back to look at a COMPLETE carded North American set!

I display all of mine in Zolo cases on my wall. They are just like artwork, and display amazingly well. Also, a great conversation piece when people come by the house.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boss1017 View Post
    Man, Boba_Fett_OX, I have followed your thread for years now!!!! I REALLY hope you can find this rare piece for your collection.

My holy grail is wrapping up my vintage MOC set. The last figure I need for the entire North American set is Skeletor. I have yet to find an acceptable figure at a good price. I literally have every other figure in the line MOC, so this guy is being elusive for me. It has taken me 5 years to track down each and every one of my figures, and I have enjoyed it more than most things in life. It will be quite the day when I can add an MOC Skelly, and sit back to look at a COMPLETE carded North American set!

I display all of mine in Zolo cases on my wall. They are just like artwork, and display amazingly well. Also, a great conversation piece when people come by the house.
    Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them

I wish you can find your skelly as soon as possible to finish your collection and for a cheap price man !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

So how do you collect MOC? Meaning are yours all first editions,price tags,bubble color ect. As for your Skeletor are you looking for the 8-back,12-back or "The Original Burst?"

i try to track down spanish stuff, some have unique artbox

I really need to see Faker on european card "made in taiwan" double logo, I am not collecting but just to see it is my holy grail lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    I really need to see Faker on european card "made in taiwan" double logo, I am not collecting but just to see it is my holy grail lol
    I am sure they don't exist at this stage, but my Phantom Holy Grails are Spanish Masters Del Universo Faker, Ninjor, and Sorceress.

Heroic Warrior
    My Rotoplast (Venezuela) collection is my Holy Grail. I am 3 figures away from completing the set (Ninjor, Blue wing Stratos and Buzz Off with he man Legs).

Hard to find and hard to get from Venezuela because customs sometimes breaks them in half to check for drugs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PetezorIII View Post
    I am sure they don't exist at this stage, but my Phantom Holy Grails are Spanish Masters Del Universo Faker, Ninjor, and Sorceress.
    Concerning the spanish Faker yes he is not existing for sure, Mattel Spain did not want to distribute him, as most of the european countries.
    About an european Faker made in taiwan on Uni-logo trilingual card I can't say, but about the Faker/Fakor made in taiwan on double logo card I am sure of me because you can see it on few of the other european made in taiwan cards from 1983.
    The Faker/Fakor made in France card that we know is from 1984. (first year of blue frames on the french cards: http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/EvilW.../fakereuro.jpg )

If you are looking at the european cards from 82/83 we have few of them to discover and still never seen as: Evil-Lyn, Tri-Klops and Mekaneck on Uni-logo trilingual card, He-Man "made in France" on Uni-logo trilingual card (Skeletor is existing), Skeletor made in Taiwan "soft head" on double logo card etc
    We also found in Italy few years ago a He-Man made in Taiwan double logo from 1983 (all the other ones we know with the mini comic "Masks of Power" are from 1984) and this one has a peculiarity: the card is larger than the reissue from 1984, you simply can't put it in a zolo case or a standar AFA one.
    I can't imagine He-Man on a larger card without other characters from the first wave on the same type of cards.
    Here is a picture and by the way you can see on the back Faker as I was saying:
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; December 20, 2015 at 10:59pm.

I'd love to see some of these items in person. Some very cool items here.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

My Holy Grail is my US carded Spinnerella figure. I got it from an .org member a few years ago, paid way to much for it!!! Pics can be found in my collection photos.

My new chase is the blue Road Ripper. I see it from time to time but I dont have the excess cash like I used to to buy it. I'll have it someday though!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    My Grail is actually completing the Vintage line MOC and loose. Getting very close. I just purchased Scare Glow,FF Heman,TC Skeletor and Hurricane Hordak. I've been wanting Scare Glow for awhile. He's a first edition,unpunched and clear bubble. Very fortunate to get him through a fellow MOTU buddy. I need all 3 movie figures,Zoids and DB Skeletor.
    post a picture of scareglow please

- - - Updated - - -

Right now im just trying to get North American moc figures in c-8 condition and also trying to complete my LL skeletor Italian version. A lot of my figures were stolen from me a couple years ago by a "friend" They were my original figures as a kid so they were in played with condition but still it sucks

but I do have a c8 moc scareglow and mosquitor that i bought to start my collection

I do like moc figures but they have to be c8 condition, but loose c8-c9 shape that is cool also but I have a far ways to go since I am basically starting all over again

Heroic Warrior
    No specific variations. Just trying to get carded versions on American cards that was released in North America when I was a kid. I am kind of picky about quality so it has taken a little longer than I expected. 12 back Skelly would do just fine as long as he was in good shape.

Thanks bobba_fett_ox!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. I love it when a thread gets going like this. Seems like it has been a while since we had one like this on this site. Great to see!! Keep it up guys.

I have a pretty nice Scareglow that I can post a pic of later (seems like a lot of Scareglow love in this thread!).

- - - Updated - - -

Scareglow pics. He is as clean as I have seen in person. Crystal clear bubble and flat bright card with pretty crisp corners. The only negative is the sticker placement.

Let me know what you guys think he would grade. I got him from a fellow orger a few years ago at a great price. These boards are the best!

20151221_073118_HDR.jpg
    20151221_073138_HDR.jpg
    20151221_073157_HDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_ikon View Post
    post a picture of scareglow please

- - - Updated - - -

Right now im just trying to get North American moc figures in c-8 condition and also trying to complete my LL skeletor Italian version. A lot of my figures were stolen from me a couple years ago by a "friend" They were my original figures as a kid so they were in played with condition but still it sucks

but I do have a c8 moc scareglow and mosquitor that i bought to start my collection

I do like moc figures but they have to be c8 condition, but loose c8-c9 shape that is cool also but I have a far ways to go since I am basically starting all over again
    I just bought the figures. I haven't received them yet. Waiting on pins and needles. But I'd be happy to email you pics. I have the worst time trying to post pics on this site. It's either too small,upside down or doesn't show up. Not sure if it's my iPad or operator error.

- - - Updated - - -

No specific variations. Just trying to get carded versions on American cards that was released in North America when I was a kid. I am kind of picky about quality so it has taken a little longer than I expected. 12 back Skelly would do just fine as long as he was in good shape.

Thanks bobba_fett_ox!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. I love it when a thread gets going like this. Seems like it has been a while since we had one like this on this site. Great to see!! Keep it up guys.

I have a pretty nice Scareglow that I can post a pic of later (seems like a lot of Scareglow love in this thread!).

- - - Updated - - -

Scareglow pics. He is as clean as I have seen in person. Crystal clear bubble and flat bright card with pretty crisp corners. The only negative is the sticker placement.

Let me know what you guys think he would grade. I got him from a fellow orger a few years ago at a great price. These boards are the best!

20151221_073118_HDR.jpg
    20151221_073138_HDR.jpg
    20151221_073157_HDR.jpg
    That's a nice Scare Glow boss. Yes the sticker is a sore to see. But I've got a sticker just like that on my MOC MAA. I tell you what. Anyone who owns a MOC Scare Glow consider yourself lucky,fortunate however you want to say it. It's a nice piece to have in your collection. Heck it's hard for many to get him loose and complete.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Vlcan! I agree with you. I think the majority of these have probably already been opened, and the loose figures are in pretty rough shape when you find them. To find one carded still is an amazing thing. To find one carded in great condition is even more amazing.

Widget
    To find a He-Man made in Taiwan on casefresh European double logo card would be the ultimate.
    Always interested in buying Euro MOCs.

Quote Originally Posted by biberino View Post
    To find a He-Man made in Taiwan on casefresh European double logo card would be the ultimate.
    I don't buy Euro carded figures. Please explain what you mean by double logo? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I don't buy Euro carded figures. Please explain what you mean by double logo? Thanks
    Regular USA Motu logo:

European (and canadian) Motu Double logo (USA one combined with a french one):

Note: the first european packagings were like the USA ones with only the USA logo on them but with multiple languages added.

Last edited by TOKYONEVER; December 21, 2015 at 09:17pm.