View Poll Results: Which Star Wars movie is your favorite?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

0 0%
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones

0 0%
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

1 2.63%
  • Episode IV: A New Hope

6 15.79%
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

14 36.84%
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

12 31.58%
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens

4 10.53%
  • I don't like / have never seen Star Wars

1 2.63%

Thread: Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

In celebration of the release of Star Wars Ep. VII, I've created a fun poll to see which SW movie people like best.

This poll only contains the seven theatrical, numbered movies. Other TV movies, direct to video, DVD or otherwise do not count.

With that said, which STAR WARS movie is your favorite?

Please post the reason(s) why you chose a particular movie in the thread below!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I suspect Empire will get most votes but Jedi gets mine, the Jabba stuff at the start and to me a far superior attack on the death star than was in Star Wars make it my favourite of the bunch.

My favorite Star Wars Movie is missing in that list! It's Spaceballs

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Empire Strikes Back...without a doubt.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Still Empire. My god, where to start...

Wampas
    Tauntauns
    Snowspeeders
    Imperial Walkers
    The Imperial March debuts
    Vader being badass and invincible: killing Admiral Ozzel
    Vader being badass and invincible: killing Captain Needa
    Vader being badass and invincible: deflecting Han's shots
    Vader being badass and invincible: fighting Luke and kicking his ass
    Boba Fett mystique
    Bounty Hunters
    Millienium Falcon's maneuverability
    Asteroid Field
    Giant Space Slug
    Yoda
    Lando
    Cloud City

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Before George Lucas ruined Star Wars with all his stupid, unneeded changes: Jedi.
    Now: I don’t really care about it.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, Epizo1, sublimesting, He-Man54, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, Mulletor, racer x, IceyCat, levi2007, motu77, Grayskull Guardsman, Namkia34, Turk81, jscott991, enoch, Wes2882, Iluvart, Doomsword.

I have to agree with the majority (so far) here. The Empire Strikes Back is such a good movie on so many levels that it will never age. I figure it doesn't matter how many sequels Disney pumps out in my lifetime, I will always consider Episode V to be the best. Period.

Although, I will admit, it comes in just ahead of Episode IV for me. A New Hope is an amazing movie in it's own right.

ROTJ is still my favorite and holds the most nostalgia for me. However Episode 7 is tied for second with ROTS and then Nee Hope rounds out my number 3. Empire is my least favorite of the original trilogy. I always found it a bit boring compared to the others. I love them all, don't get me wrong....but it's the one I watch the least of the OT. The only one I don't care for is Phantom Menace. I like Darth Maul and Qui Gon but the rest of the movie drags. BTW...do the Ewok Movies count? The first one rocks!

I have to go with ROTJ.

As a kid, I always loved seeing all the different, interesting characters at Jabba's Palace. Seeing Luke as a true Jedi Knight for the first time and seeing him face Vader and Palpatine are still some of my favorite moments of the entire series. I also love the Ewoks and the Endor scenes.

Empire is a close second.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Empire strikes back--with Rotj and Force Awakens tied for 2nd

Heroic Warrior
    Of the 5 (total) Star Wars movies, including the Ewok adventures, I would clearly pick 'A New Hope' (or as it used to be called, 'Star Wars'), because it made all the others possible, and implies hope.

I also include the Wookie Christmas and Mark Hamill's appearance on the Muppet Show, but those aren't movies.

Rest in peace Star Wars.
    Rest in Peace.

Among those 7 Star Wars movies I pick A New Hope.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Easily hands down Return of the Jedi.

sad to see yoda die.

I like the Ewoks and their yub nub song at the end.

the ship fights.

I was thinking about doing a rank'em thread but after seeing this thread I'm going to pass.

Heroic Warrior
    Tough call.

I THINK it has to be Empire... The yoda scenes and training really helped cement so much of the lore... Vader being the most awesome he's ever been... and really feeling like a threat.

RotJ was my favorite for years. love when Luke actually hits full hero mode and goes jedi all over people... but I think Empire has it edged out.

I just watched Return of the Jedi earlier tonight... man, I had forgotten how enjoyable this movie is!

It starts off with a bang: Han's rescue, and ends with a bigger bang: Luke/Vader confrontation and the destruction of the second Death Star!

And in between we get speeder bikes, Ewoks, sarlac pits, space battles, AT-STs, green lightsabers, etc, etc.. Truly an epic "ending" to a wonderful trilogy of films!

Heroic Warrior
    George Lucas has pretty much killed my original love of the whole thing... having said that, my favorite Star Wars offerings are not on this list:
    Both Knights of the Old Republic games and their story
    The Republic Commando story and concept
    The Force Unleashed story
    The Old Republic characters and story, particularly Havoc Squad
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Return of the Jedi for me!

When i was a kid: ROTJ. It was the most colourful, had the biggest battles, and the best toys!

As a teenager: ESB. The darkest, most serious chapter, and probably the best acted of the series.

As an adult: ANH. I didn't care for it when I first saw it as a 6 year old (ditto ESB), but it grew on me with each subsequent viewing and now it's my absolute favourite of the lot.

Sorry I could not vote. I have always flip flopped between the 3 films of the OT. I love the space battle in Jedi, and all of Luke's scenes. In Empire, Han and Yoda ruled! When I was younger I found A New Hope to be a bit slow though I LOVED the Cantina as a kid, they were my favorite figures, but I've grown to love episode IV aswell, especially Obi Wan's scenes. So if there's a vote of the OT as a whole count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Sorry I could not vote. I have always flip flopped between the 3 films of the OT. I love the space battle in Jedi, and all of Luke's scenes. In Empire, Han and Yoda ruled! When I was younger I found A New Hope to be a bit slow though I LOVED the Cantina as a kid, they were my favorite figures, but I've grown to love episode IV aswell, especially Obi Wan's scenes. So if there's a vote of the OT as a whole count me in.
    But, of the three, if you were given the choice to take ONE of these as your only Star Wars entertainment with you to a desert island, which one would you choose?

Master of New Adventures!
    Imo Empire is the best, but the question was "Which is your favorite Star Wars film?" I voted for A New Hope for sentimental reasons as I'll never forget standing in line waiting for the dawn of a whole new era in film.

^^^ That is a great answer!

I voted "Return of the Jedi". I admit "Hope" and "Empire" are better films, but "Jedi" has a lot of my favorite elements between the pulp Jabba sequence and The Emperor, and I'm a big fan of conclusions.

This is such a hard question for me. I really love them all in different ways. Critically speaking, I would rank them 5, 4, 7, 6, 1, 3, 2. That's not necessarily the order of my enjoyment, however. That might be more like 7, 6, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2. (That list is as fickle as my mindset, though!) I'm really digging TFA at the moment, but it's also the one that is out, so there's that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy