Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ryan Barger's MOTU Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerart View Post
    My wishful thinking is that Ryan was hired to head up character design for the new movie and therefore is not allowed to post anymore of his fantastic concepts!!! If not, then please give us more!!! Your designs are awesome!
    I wish I could say this were the case! Unfortunately the true scenario has been quite a bit less fortunate.

I originally intended not to post any updates on my situation and just get back into the swing as life allowed... alas the cosmos seems to have taken to me like a new and favored chew-toy over the last month, so my return to doodling continues to get delayed. I decided maybe it was time to post something so everyone here understands where I'm at, and that Eternia is still very much pounding in my veins.

Due to my rare blood cancer, I've always been at risk for certain ailments. One of them came home to roost about a month and a half ago, in the form of a deep vein thrombosis in my left leg (a blood clot). It's an exceedingly painful and difficult thing to work around, and makes getting about very problematic (at times the pain will pretty much immobilize you entirely). They put me on anti-coagulants to help deal with it, told me to rest, so I promptly went out and shattered all three bones in the OTHER ankle during a spirited 'debate' with a family member who seems to think he could handle my terminal illness much better than I do. We threw hands in savage Eternian style, but as I was already one-legged from the clot a bar stool snuck up behind me and scored the win in embarrassingly short order (protip: never start a bar fight while seated and unable to do much but limp). A hospital stay and a tricky surgery resulted due to the danger of the existing blood clot breaking loose, and... back home.

Few weeks later, another wrinkle. Apparently due to the same fall that broke my ankle, I began bleeding internally (I was on a ton of anti-coagulants at the time, though no one thought to check this when I went in for the broken ankle). The hematoma in my hip and back got so big that it began pressing on the nerves of my broken leg, until the pain was something beyond description. Back to the ER, more tests, they finally caught it, but another six day stint was required (in this case matters were further complicated because the bleeding caused excessive anemia---a risk for me already due to the cancer).

So... I'm back home again, but very much busted to ****. Out of the woods I hope, and everything should more or less heal, but getting any work done at the tablet and computer is still problematic. I'm dying to get back to Eternia and reward everyone for their patience, and just to lose myself in that world I love so much again, but since life keeps tossing me some truly vicious curveballs I figured it was time to give an update.

Here's hoping I'll be able to thunder back into battle soon with a new sketch to show! Thanks again to everyone for their patience, and for their continued support.

Ryan Barger

Great to hear from you again Ryan , you really are getting a bad deal mate but from me and I'm sure the rest of us that follow this great thread Get Well Soon and we all have our fingers crossed that your luck will change. You have been missed here but I'm sure you'll get back on track when your feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your on going battle with that awful illness , but I'm glad that your living your life so positively and been funny on the recent run off bad luck shows that your in good spirits ,as for the relations, keep those fists flying at them and watch out for them troublesome bar stools, all the best Rojo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Just get better.

Keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBarger View Post
    I wish I could say this were the case! Unfortunately the true scenario has been quite a bit less fortunate.

I originally intended not to post any updates on my situation and just get back into the swing as life allowed... alas the cosmos seems to have taken to me like a new and favored chew-toy over the last month, so my return to doodling continues to get delayed. I decided maybe it was time to post something so everyone here understands where I'm at, and that Eternia is still very much pounding in my veins.

Due to my rare blood cancer, I've always been at risk for certain ailments. One of them came home to roost about a month and a half ago, in the form of a deep vein thrombosis in my left leg (a blood clot). It's an exceedingly painful and difficult thing to work around, and makes getting about very problematic (at times the pain will pretty much immobilize you entirely). They put me on anti-coagulants to help deal with it, told me to rest, so I promptly went out and shattered all three bones in the OTHER ankle during a spirited 'debate' with a family member who seems to think he could handle my terminal illness much better than I do. We threw hands in savage Eternian style, but as I was already one-legged from the clot a bar stool snuck up behind me and scored the win in embarrassingly short order (protip: never start a bar fight while seated and unable to do much but limp). A hospital stay and a tricky surgery resulted due to the danger of the existing blood clot breaking loose, and... back home.

Few weeks later, another wrinkle. Apparently due to the same fall that broke my ankle, I began bleeding internally (I was on a ton of anti-coagulants at the time, though no one thought to check this when I went in for the broken ankle). The hematoma in my hip and back got so big that it began pressing on the nerves of my broken leg, until the pain was something beyond description. Back to the ER, more tests, they finally caught it, but another six day stint was required (in this case matters were further complicated because the bleeding caused excessive anemia---a risk for me already due to the cancer).

So... I'm back home again, but very much busted to ****. Out of the woods I hope, and everything should more or less heal, but getting any work done at the tablet and computer is still problematic. I'm dying to get back to Eternia and reward everyone for their patience, and just to lose myself in that world I love so much again, but since life keeps tossing me some truly vicious curveballs I figured it was time to give an update.

Here's hoping I'll be able to thunder back into battle soon with a new sketch to show! Thanks again to everyone for their patience, and for their continued support.

Ryan Barger

Heroic Warrior

Ryan Barger
    Ryan i was so greatful to have some news from you, but this is so really sad and unexpected to hear.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, i wish you with all my heart a quick recovery. I' m sure that your inner strength and your positive energy, they will give the push to come up victorious from this battle. I wish you to feel better soon enough, and return stronger. Continue to fight and never give up. Always remember YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Best wishes for a quick recovery my friend.
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 16, 2016 at 05:45pm.

All I can do is join in with the well wishers and pray that the Elders, the Power, Hell, I'll even throw in the Force, will provide you with the strength you need to recover!

Take care, and get better, Sir..!
    Leech sucks..!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Continue to fight and focus on the things you love most in life!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

First off... Sorry to hear about your health issues and hope you get will soon!!!

I'm late to the game but your interpretations have been incredible. I'm not sure if there's thoughts of a sketchbook collecting these or prints available at some point. Take care!
    Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Ryan, you truly have a gift, one that as you've shared with us all has reawakened that enthusiasm and unlimited imagination we had as kids when MOTU first came into the world!

Wishing you the best, Ryan!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Get well soon.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Take care of your health first, we aren't selfish monsters, well most of us aren't.

Heroic Warrior
    The universe does not give you challenges you cannot get past.

Get well soon!

Man, as a newbie to this group i've just stumbled across your work... I think I had saw the Clamp Champ drawing somewhere else on the internet but this stuff is absolutely fantastic! Do you have an instagram or Facebook page I could follow?

I'm also very sorry to hear about your health, and hope it gets easier for you. My dad has deep vein thrombosis in his leg too so I know how painful that can get. My thoughts go out to you mate!
    Check out my photography at www.MOTUACBA.com

This work is beyond stunning! You are in my thoughts and prayers sir.
    "Where am I to go, now that I've gone to far?"

Just discovered this incredible artistry <3

Whoever might be in charge of an upcoming movie hopefully draws some inspiration of your pictures because they are beyond amazing
    Want to rummage around in my collection?
    Instagram / Facebook

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and the terrible things you've been afflicted with, Ryan. My heart goes out to you. All the best for your fight.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and the terrible things you've been afflicted with, Ryan. My heart goes out to you. All the best for your fight.
    Same here.
    I wish you to recover as fast as you can buddy.
    Take care Ryan
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry to hear about your situation! Hope you get well soon! Your work is fantastic!!!!!

I came here looking eagerly for another of your awesome illustrations, Ryan, and I realize how selfish I had been. I was thinking, how dare you leaving us without a new treat for so long? Pathetic Earthling that I am. But you, Sir, clearly know the path to Eternia, and I'm sure you'll find a way to summon the power of Grayskull to fight back at the evil forces that prey on you. Godspeed you!
    What doesn’t kill me makes me froggier.

hi Ryan, havent heard from you in a long time, hoping your getting back to full health, and getting the rest needed, just wanted to let you know we're all thinking and praying for you and hopen that you want be long before your back on your feet, cheers Ronan

Ryan Barger
    Hey Ryan hope alls going good with yourself since we last heard from you, just thought I would pop in a wish you well , Ronan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk