Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Barger's MOTU Gallery

incredible art once again Ryan, the detail you put into champ clamp is fantastic, thanks for sharing this great work. 30 yrs ago i got excited everytime the MOTU cartoon came on to see which new characters would get introduced in each episode, now the excitement has retuned,everytime i go on to this forum i get to see a more modern detailed take on the same core characters some 30 years later. thanks. looking forward to the next installment. between your Motu Gallery and Gbagoks character bios forum i have introduced my own children to the motu universe, which is great.
    Last edited by rojo; February 19, 2016 at 08:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    WOW... Your work is awesome! Clamp Champ looks great you did a wonderful job with him, artist sometime pass on updating him or not even including him in new artwork and a fan of all MOTU characters I Thank You for updating this great champion. Rainius looks badass and I love the combination of his look, I'm not a huge fan of the clamp hand but it works with this artwork. Having the sword on his right side really puts out how much of a warrior and lethal opponent he truly is.

Hordak's most brutal minion and the subject of countless Eternian campfire tales...

Grizzlor Art.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Man that has to be the best version of Grizzlor I have seen...ever

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanBarger View Post
    Hordak's most brutal minion and the subject of countless Eternian campfire tales...

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...small_full.jpg

Grizzlor Art.jpg
    By the Elders!!!

Best Grizzlor Ever!!!

Brutal, savage, a living nightmare for the children of the worlds, living under the Horde's rule! A legend of terror, for Eternians and Etherians!

Once again i love your details Ryan!! Great and very intelligent move to go with a more feline-like or bear-like face for Grizzlor (and fits his name even better in this case), so he can be even more distinct from the other savage, but more ape-like minion, Skeletor's Beastman! Also the chains on his wrists and around his neck, is another awesome addition, which shows that even Hordak is forced to restrain Grizzlor sometimes, against his minion's savagery!!!

Awesome and superb artwork!!! Please Ryan give us more!!!
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 23, 2016 at 12:29pm.

I LOVE that Grizzlor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Fantastic loving the more savagery look off grizzlor in this. Uncontrollable beast , fantastic stuff Ryan

Oh my.................
    I can not say enough good about these. Simply amazing!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I really hope you will draw ALL Motu characters because you work is really awesome.
    Really impatient to see clawful, tung lashor, rattlor, and other snake men
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Well, it's obvious your Grizzlor isn't a brainwashed child.

I am now scared to close my eyes. and bears and anything furry.

and nice art.

Grizzlor Art.jpg

WHOA! That might be your best one yet, Grizzlor looks absolutely KILLER!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Fantastic! He looks like a kind of were-bear… which is very true to the original meaning of “going berserk”! Also, he makes me think of the Wendigo, the Sasquatch and such other creatures from the folklore… even the Mothman, with his big, red glowing eyes. This Grizzlor is no joke, he’s pure terror. Congratulations!

I have to say I really look forward to your updates, as it captures the essence of MOTU IMHO.

All of your art in phenomenal! I hope they make you a concept artist for the new movie as your designs all would work in live action. Perfect updates yet instantly recognizable as the characters we know and love

Lookin forward to see the rest of the evil horde especially Leech
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Who'll be the latest heroic warrior, stratos or maybe roboto, your take on roboto will be fantastic I think with the way you use the mechanical elements in your art

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I really hope you will draw ALL Motu characters because you work is really awesome.
    Really impatient to see clawful, tung lashor, rattlor, and other snake men
    My original goal with this experiment was to hit all of the original toy characters, and potentially even some of the reaaaally obscure mini comics and Filmation guys. Snake Men remain on the short list either way, but it's all going to be a question of how long the energy holds.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Well, it's obvious your Grizzlor isn't a brainwashed child.

I am now scared to close my eyes. and bears and anything furry.

and nice art.
    This comment made my night! I was never a fan of the revised "Grizzlor is an innocent babe in the woods" notion... this should be something Hordak keeps chained up in a dank alcove to terrify his other minions!

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Who'll be the latest heroic warrior, stratos or maybe roboto, your take on roboto will be fantastic I think with the way you use the mechanical elements in your art
    To answer that question, I present you with one gargantuan, gullible brute and staunch ally of He-Man...

Ram Man Art.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    My original goal with this experiment was to hit all of the original toy characters, and potentially even some of the reaaaally obscure mini comics and Filmation guys. Snake Men remain on the short list either way, but it's all going to be a question of how long the energy holds.

This comment made my night! I was never a fan of the revised "Grizzlor is an innocent babe in the woods" notion... this should be something Hordak keeps chained up in a dank alcove to terrify his other minions!

To answer that question, I present you with one gargantuan, gullible brute and staunch ally of He-Man...

Ram Man Art.jpg
    Ryan this is FANTASTIC!!!

You nailed Rammy perfectly! Updating him in such an incredible way, that kept him true to his Original design and his stocky appearance, but granted him more credibility and realism, especially when it comes to Ram-Man's abilities, and turned him to a real human ram!

Starting with the amazing details again, first of all great addition that you included his Axe, which is Ram-Man's actual weapon, apart from his own body structure. Loved also that his helmet shows the signs, which are the evidences of Rammy's favorite way to attack his adversaries in battle!| And then we come to my favorite detail, which are the legs! What an amazingly brilliant idea, turn them to some kind of cybernetic enforcements, that can allow a certain grade of extensibility of the leg, granting at Ram-Man the extra impulse during his famous jump, without all this looking cheesy or ridiculous, but actually as a more credible way to attack! This is the only way that personally i could see Ram-Man's particular jump being brought in a MOTU movie, without feeling completely goofy!

An amazing piece of Art, and another masterpiece! Your Ram-Man is a combined techno-medieval wonder! And yes please Ryan, give us more MOTU characters! I honestly wish that this incredible creative energy never leave you! As He-Man said in the end of the final comic book issue: YOU HAVE THE POWEEEER!!!!
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 28, 2016 at 07:24pm.

Great job done on ram man, the fine detail is fantastic, looking closely to the scratches on the helmet and the counting marks on how many evil minions he's beat or killed, fantastic. I agree with you would love to see the original toy lines characters done first and then maybe turn to some of the obscure characters . As soon as I see your newest character piece my mind starts racing in wonder who the next character to appear could be. Thanks for the great viewing

Finally! A Ram Man that isn't a dolt! He looks like he means business

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Still loving these....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I love the cybernetics on his legs! Such a great way to use the sci-fi elements of Eternia to make sense of such a silly character.

You really have the gift to reveal the essence of the MOTU characters. Once you've drawn one of them, BOOM! It instantly becomes “ultimate classic” in my book, and everything else is a mere alternate version.

Wow--that Grizzlor is terrifying GJ

Court Magician
    Wow what Beautiful art!

Is this traditional art or Digital?

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Ryan this is FANTASTIC!!!

You nailed Rammy perfectly! Updating him in such an incredible way, that kept him true to his Original design and his stocky appearance, but granted him more credibility and realism, especially when it comes to Ram-Man's abilities, and turned him to a real human ram!

Starting with the amazing details again, first of all great addition that you included his Axe, which is Ram-Man's actual weapon, apart from his own body structure. Loved also that his helmet shows the signs, which are the evidences of Rammy's favorite way to attack his adversaries in battle!| And then we come to my favorite detail, which are the legs! What an amazingly brilliant idea, turn them to some kind of cybernetic enforcements, that can allow a certain grade of extensibility of the leg, granting at Ram-Man the extra impulse during his famous jump, without all this looking cheesy or ridiculous, but actually as a more credible way to attack! This is the only way that personally i could see Ram-Man's particular jump being brought in a MOTU movie, without feeling completely goofy!

An amazing piece of Art, and another masterpiece! Your Ram-Man is a combined techno-medieval wonder! And yes please Ryan, give us more MOTU characters! I honestly wish that this incredible creative energy never leave you! As He-Man said in the end of the final comic book issue: YOU HAVE THE POWEEEER!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBaer View Post
    I love the cybernetics on his legs! Such a great way to use the sci-fi elements of Eternia to make sense of such a silly character.
    Thanks gentlemen! Rammy was indeed a tough one, because his fundamental feature is inherently pretty comical---particularly the Filmation version. I tried to envision him more as some overgrown, Andre the Giant style brute but with a slow mind and a quick temper---earning the nickname Ram Man more from his anger, readiness to charge into battle, and headfirst tackles aided by the helmet and those bionic legs!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyZarkov View Post
    You really have the gift to reveal the essence of the MOTU characters. Once you've drawn one of them, BOOM! It instantly becomes “ultimate classic” in my book, and everything else is a mere alternate version.
    That's a damn high compliment sir, thank you. It's always very tricky to make these guys recognizable (both physically and in spirit) to the whole audience... some people prefer the toys, others the minicomics, others the Filmation or 200x cartoons. A comment like yours tells me I'm on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaryboneguy8 View Post
    Wow what Beautiful art!

Is this traditional art or Digital?
    I paint them in Photoshop, since my traditional experience was always limited to pencil/ink and colored pencils. I was able to do some damn cool stuff with those, but I could never afford to get into legit oils/canvas. Digital was a close second!

Now to today's entry! The long-awaited ocean warlord and monarch of Eternia's deeps...

Mer-Man Art.jpg