View Poll Results: Autobots or Decepticons?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autobots!!

17 47.22%
  • Decepticons!!

16 44.44%
  • Neither!

3 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autobots or Decepticons?

Quote Originally Posted by teela-n View Post
    Starscream did not have a unique design. He was basically just a generic Seeker repaint. He did not have the physical tools to be Decepticon leader; he did not have a powerful body. Is his appeal just his whiny personality, and him thinking he's more powerful than he really is?
    He's got spunk.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Starscream is no more powerful than Thundercracker and Skywarp.
    There are reasons why Starscream leads the Seekers AND he's the second-in-command of Megatron's Decepticons. He is the fastest and the smartest. Not only that, he's a scientist and could fly to Cybertron under his own power--all abilities the other Seekers lack. Skywarp is too dumb and Thundercracker barely wants to be a Decepticon, let alone lead them. Don't get me started on Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet.

Starscream was Astrotrain's bee-otch in "The God Gambit".
    Astrotrain is pretty powerful, but he lacks Starscream's guile and ambition.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

He has no body, same as Thundercracker and Skywarp.
    Your certainly entitled to your opinion and you can surely take it over to the "I hate starscream" forum and leave it there. People like what they like and so do you.

Another one of my favorite Autobots from when I was a kid:

Springer!

He was the BEST Triple-Changer released, IMO!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Agreed I love springer he was my #1 most wanted for a long time.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Def Autobots--I always root for the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Def Autobots--I always root for the good guys

YAY!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Decepticons!

No one was as cool as Soundwave!
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

Heroic Warrior
    Autobots all the way!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    pfffft Transformers.......Gobots rule!!

Master of New Adventures!
    Interesting poll/thread.

For me the bad guys are always more interesting than the good and, in addition, in large part and through action and interaction they define the good guys. Heroes are almost nothing without great villains. Think Luke/Darth, He-man/Skeletor, Rocky/Clubber Lang, Spidey/Green Goblin. Without those towering villains the good guys are just mamby-pamby go-gooders in my book.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 20, 2016 at 04:35pm.

1000% Decepticon... Megatron Starscream Soundwave and Shockwave...
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I can tell you why StarScream is everyone's favorite.
    In the third season he had an emotion that can not be created by a machine. StarScream wanted what Megatron had, that is jealousy. Between the big bang and the god theory, only people feel jealous.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    StarScream wanted what Megatron had, that is jealousy. Between the big bang and the god theory, only people feel jealous.
    Obviously you've never owned a dog.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; December 20, 2016 at 06:26pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    The point to me is that Hasboro slowly adjusted people to the idea that the robots in disguise were not just machines, but living machines.

I prefer the story that the Optimal and Primary mission of Teletran 1 comes to earth, with an emergency side, a last act of Cybertron, the Omega. These two logical sides to the same inter-planetary bot factory, end up in a very military based protocol to destroy the other.

These bots are symbolism for our human oversight of industry as it otherwise feeds itself and gets out of control. Machines are made to serve the comforts of men. Only men can see this problem in the uncomfortable way the transformers assume their place on earth. If the robots were alive, then it is not a human investment. We need to make sure our earth does not become like Cybertron.

..right?

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The point to me is that Hasboro slowly adjusted people to the idea that the robots in disguise were not just machines, but living machines.

I prefer the story that the Optimal and Primary mission of Teletran 1 comes to earth, with an emergency side, a last act of Cybertron, the Omega. These two logical sides to the same inter-planetary bot factory, end up in a very military based protocol to destroy the other.

These bots are symbolism for our human oversight of industry as it otherwise feeds itself and gets out of control. Machines are made to serve the comforts of men. Only men can see this problem in the uncomfortable way the transformers assume their place on earth. If the robots were alive, then it is not a human investment. We need to make sure our earth does not become like Cybertron.

..right?
    Nope, the point is to sell a bunch of robot toys to the public. How do you do that? With a good story and engaging characters. So...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Warrior

http://addicted2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bruce-lee-flow-motivation-picture-quote.jpg

pfffft Transformers.......Gobots rule!!
    Pffffttt!! Pfffftt ! Gundam you all !!! I love giant robots . I hate giant living sentient beings made of metal .

Put an overbearing and over-emotional and unqualified ‎adolescent ,who is growing hair in funny places into the hollow cockpit of a soulless inanimate 50 ft war machine bent on cleansing the world of all evil , despite his twisted morality making you consider who exactly is the good and bad guy here........ and I am good for hours mon .

220px-Gundam.jpg
    Last edited by Lokus; December 30, 2016 at 08:04am.

Master of New Adventures!
    Seems to me you're describing Iron Giant -- one of my fave films.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Pffffttt!! Pfffftt ! Gundam you all !!! I love giant robots . I hate giant living sentient beings made of metal .

Put an overbearing and over-emotional and unqualified ‎adolescent ,who is growing hair in funny places into the hollow cockpit of a soulless inanimate 50 ft war machine bent on cleansing the world of all evil , despite his twisted morality making you consider who exactly is the good and bad guy here........ and I am good for hours mon .

220px-Gundam.jpg

Wow. I have no interest in this topic whatsoever, but in perusing this page alone, I feel this is one of the most interesting, yet whimsical conversations I've ever seen on the .org.

Kind of wish I had a dog in this fight. I guess I could say that I agree with Pffffttt! Pffffttt! except make it G-Gundam. That's the one that resonated with me the most. I also had a near complete collection of figures, minus a couple of gold versions and I think one battle damage version, but I sold it a few years back. I really loved that series.

Heroic Warrior
    Hasboro gave up on a proper story about robots a long long time ago..

So this is a picture of the StarScream costume I made a few years ago.
    Still fits.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; January 8, 2017 at 01:03am.

Seems to me you're describing Iron Giant -- one of my fave films.
    That sounds like you have not watched any Gundam anime . Dude life is too short . Why do you delay good sir ?

I agree with Pffffttt! Pffffttt! except make it G-Gundam.
    Gundam Wing is my fave series .

I don't hate Starscream. I just like Megatron better
    In Starscream,s insane damaged goods defence , at least he respects the law of physics and stays within his own volume .

Optimus is just the front part of the Truck seems to lose the back when he morphs , Megatron shrinks into a hand pistol . Soundwave shrinks into a cassette player which houses 2 and later 4 extra bots .

You would think with all that shrink technology , they would have Starscream carrying a MR T,s worth of bling bling disguised robots into combat .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 9, 2017 at 06:54am.