Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Masters of the Universe 3.75" ReAction - wave 1 and wave 2 official discussion

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The artwork looks cool but the figures are not my cup of tea. I will pass on these. They won't be battling my Marvel Universe, Star Wars or Joe figures any time soon.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I know, right? I've wondered if that art wasn't the inspiration for how Skeletor was colored. Those Clash of the Titans figures came out around when MOTU was being developed.
    Could very well be

Heroic Warrior
    what is the card size ? anyone know if they will fit the protech star cases? like reaction figures

Heroic Warrior
    Went ahead and pre ordered a set. I really think these are cool in those Kenner style cards.

I'm probably in the minority. But I'm only buying these because of the art and that awesome vintage MOTU logo. And that they finally put color on them. I will be keeping them MOC as I really don't have any interest in displaying these toys.

Heroic Warrior
    At first I found them odd looking, but honestly quickly grew to love them. I get they aren't everyone's bag, but you're absolutely right there is no denying that packaging art is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I'm probably in the minority. But I'm only buying these because of the art and that awesome vintage MOTU logo. And that they finally put color on them. I will be keeping them MOC as I really don't have any interest in displaying these toys.
    Same. I don't collect any figures in this scale and I don't like the sculpts but the packaging is awesome so I'm considering buying a set to keep MOC.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Does anybody know what the back of these carded figures look like? Just curious..

I saw it somewhere, it has the 4 characters using the original 8-back art. Very cool.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

I bought a set, they are just too cool to pass on... now I have a 4H Troll to pre-order as well, man... wife won't be happy!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I ended up ordering one set through BBTS.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I saw it somewhere, it has the 4 characters using the original 8-back art. Very cool.
    Ok that sounds great. I'll see if I can find a picture. Was the back of the cardback in color as well North Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Ok that sounds great. I'll see if I can find a picture. Was the back of the cardback in color as well North Coast?
    Yes indeed

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NorthCoast; February 18, 2016 at 11:44am.

Heroic Podcaster
    I love the original big bulky scale of MOTU and always will. But these are just such a cool hybrid of two things that were so important to me in the 1980s - the MOTU brand and the 3 3/4' scale. I had to get a set.

Really wanted the MOTUSCLE as well but I only have so much $$$ and space.
    Last edited by SunDevil; February 19, 2016 at 02:30pm.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Now that's the stuff! Thanks, Val. I dig the bios!

Better than most MOTUC bios...

Those are some handsome looking cardbacks! I'm surprised though that they didn't use the line art from the packaging of the unpainted versions.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like the cardback and bios. So does anyone know if these will be available at retail or just on the Super7 site? I'd rather buy these from a store tbh.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I really like the cardback and bios. So does anyone know if these will be available at retail or just on the Super7 site? I'd rather buy these from a store tbh.
    I would guess the only store they'd be available at is the actual Super7 store in California

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The bios are definitely much better than the MOTUC ones. The only slight error I see is in the slight run-on sentence in Skeletor's bio. I would change it to:

"Skeletor, the Evil Lord of Destruction, battles endlessly to conquer Castle Grayskull and claim its powerful ancient secrets for himself to use to rule Eternia."

Other than that, I think they are great.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yea I live those vintage cardback looks. So dang cool.

Heroic Podcaster
    Hopefully these sell well and we get more. Lots of parts re-use already possible!
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Hopefully these sell well and we get more. Lots of parts re-use already possible!
    I'm kind of surprised that they used a different sculpt on the arms for Mer-Man and Skeletor.

I hope next year they finish out the 8 back, and then hopefully expand to the second wave. It would also be awesome if they did the Goddess.

Interesting that Super7 are not branding the new figures as "ReAction" and that it doesn't seem like Funko is involved anymore.