Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLUB GRAYSKULL SKELETOR - Is it too late to Make changes???

CLUB GRAYSKULL SKELETOR - Is it too late to Make changes???

As amazing as the turnout Was for the figures at toy fair... the club grayskull skeletor grated on me a bit.. my only huge concern is that these are now unable to be changed... but i just wanted to open up a thread to flag up some gripes about Skeletor, his Lack of hood detail and his Havoc staff....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    NO BLACK INSIDE HIS HOOD.
    And His Havoc Staff... Well...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Is there anything that can be done ?? Also *Cough Cough* ANKLES

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

CLUB GRAYSKULL SKELETOR - Is it too late to Make changes???

We all had a chance to bring the issue up regarding the inaccurate havoc staff since last summer so it's too late as he would be in production now.

I think the hood is accurate as the inside would be purple, the black is only caused by a shadow.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I'm not concerned about the staff, but the lack of black under his jaw is definitely concerning to me. It won't be difficult to do a custom job on it and paint it black, but it's something that really should have been addressed before production.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Don't forget,those pics of his hood are with bright lights on him full force. I imagine he will look good under normal light.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I earthly agree with the concerns of the OP.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yup. Too late. I guess we can try to ask for a new Skeletor head with painted insides down the line?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

For the hood a little flat black paint and he's good to go, we can all touch up the inside of the hood as we see fit. The Havok staff, well not accurate it's not a deal breaker and as pointed out we had our chance to comment on it last summer and we didn't so it's too late he's already a production piece. What we saw at Toy Fair was a finished plastic figure.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

While it's ridiculously late to fix him, they should have at least painted the inside of the hood black for "Cartoon accuracy". That Havoc Staff... I'm guessing the grey paint is covering up some of the details?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    We all had a chance to bring the issue up regarding the inaccurate havoc staff since last summer so it's too late as he would be in production now.

I think the hood is accurate as the inside would be purple, the black is only caused by a shadow.
    I have no issue with the hood, I think in hand it'll create a shadow effect much like Double Trouble had one that kind of shadowed her terrible double chin.

The staff, however, is pretty awful looking to me. I know sometimes we are shown early samples and we catch "errors" but we shouldn't always have be the "Accuracy Police".

Besides, last summer, we were shown a much better looking havoc staff with painted detail on the nose and sculpted teeth and better eye sockets, now it appears to be missing on the production piece and altered from the original sculpt. Hopefully the details are still there and what it is is just a lack of paint applications.

Comparison pics:

Last edited by Count Judas; February 17, 2016 at 12:32pm.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Wow! I have x2 Club Grayskull subs, & was not going to sub for these as I was afraid theycd lack any shading that would allow them to fit in with the massive MOTUC collection I have. But I figured the kids would like them, I loved Skeletor's Filmation head, & better at $20 ea. I could preserve my Beastman, Trap Jaw, Skeletor, He-Man, ect. expensive (to replace) figures by letting the kids play with these. 1st the ankles were a massive disappointment to me, as these are the Big Guns in this colldction, and I was keepinv this a seperate line & started to get excited by that prospect. But until it is now, I didn't really look at the Havok staff & just assumed to be screen accurate the black would be present in Skeletor's hood....as it would really make his yellow skull look amazing. His Havok staff is so plain in comparison to the cartoon Havok Staff...which I love. I took it for granted to even look closely at the proto's staff, as I ahad faith it would be very close to the source. I knew it was way oversized in length & width of the staff, but never really looked at the weak ram skull. It just seems with goal being Filmation accurate figured, that something like the Power Sword, Havok Staff, He-Man's sheath & Trap Jaw's arm.would all be really close approximations. Itcs not like I expect 2.0's of these Filmation figures....although I'll gladly take them if Matty would take these figures in even exchange for new ones...but I donct see that happening. I just hope for 1 more wave I guess. I don't see any need beyond adding MAA, Teela, Sorcess, pale Prince Adam (out of sub), articulated Cringer (if we can not get in in Classics) & Tri-Klops. Selfishly Icd take Chopper. if he came with packed on Toy Jitsu head for classics! Filmation Tongue Lashor for classics, witb swappable Snake Warrior & Horde symbols please!......yeah I know I'm dreaming he'd be in CC instead of CG.

On the bright side, if ppl are getting these for younger kids....they won't notice the accessories being off! They'll just live them. I watch an almost 3year fall in love with He-Man & She-Ra Filmation cartoons on Hulu last night, & went nuts for the MOTUC figures. He clearly recognized MOTUC He-Man was the same character as Filmation He-Man....so these approximations of the Filmation episode will be clearly distinguishable!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

My daughter loved her new Filmation He-Man, ankles and all!

I'm with the OP on the hood paint, I would have preferred the added black.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

It's too late...the figures have gone into production already. The best you can hope for is to get a customizer to paint the inside of the hood black.

The best possible thing to demand at this point is a Filmation Weapons Pak (2017) !

1) Accurate Power Sword

2) Accurate Havoc Staff (Same Length As Cartoon)

3) Skeletor Head With Closed Mouth/Teeth (Of Course With Shadow Effect Inside The Hood)

4) And Bunch Of Filmation Accessories

I Don't Think We Are Too Late To Ask This For 2017 !!
    Last edited by TUC138; February 17, 2016 at 01:05pm.
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    It's too late...the figures have gone into production already. The best you can hope for is to get a customizer to paint the inside of the hood black.
    The only objection I would say to that is that they were able to change the colors on Lord Masque after he started going into production....now, are they going to want to scrap yet another run of figures in the same year? Probably not, but I would say not out of the realm of possibility.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I'd say the biggest problem is his hood is far to bright a purple. You can see it in the pictures above. In the show it was very much purple where as on the toy it is leaning towards a more pinkish purple.

Warrrrp wahhhhRp... yeah this is a shame.. I'm totally confident with customising, but you know, this shouldn't need to have to be done.. This is the filmtion Line, and Lou Shimmer didn't have to rely on 'Shadow' to give that darkness inside of skeleton's hood. it should be painted black inside... and yup.. the production havoc staff has Lambchop the puppet on the top.

Heroic Warrior
    The hood is an easy fix so it doesn't bother me. The havoc staff though bothers me more than any other accessory in the line. That cartoon havoc staff was just so iconic and is burnt into my memory from childhood, so it being so far off is too bad. Evil Mikes custom shows how it should have looked in my view.
    custom skeletor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    The hood is an easy fix so it doesn't bother me. The havoc staff though bothers me more than any other accessory in the line. That cartoon havoc staff was just so iconic and is burnt into my memory from childhood, so it being so far off is too bad. Evil Mikes custom shows how it should have looked in my view.
    custom skeletor.jpg
    I have mikes Havok Staff in that picture and I will be using that

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    The hood doesn't bother me. I think it came down to the interpretation of how and where the black falls on the inside of the hood. For me its akin to the debate over the shade on batman or hourmans cowl or whether morbius is black with blue highlights or blue with black highlights

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

custom skeletor.jpg
    I'll grant you that based on that custom it definitely is either wrong or based on model from a different episode or somesuch. Either way it doesn't bother me but I see the reason for the complaint.

I'll take this moment to suggest that this custom Skeletor head shows a purple cowl, inside & out, but because of shadow and lighting is just fine.

I do not think it needs the black inside painted. I can (and anyone really) add that if necessary but I believe in hand it will be either perfect or near enough. I appreciate the difference between 3d reality and 2d animated. The black is shadow and doesn't need painted in the same way as the skull's eyes n such.

great example of the hood in count judas pic above

He needs the black in his hood to suggest depth. Without it you can clearly see that his face is stuck into a solid purple piece of plastic.

I can live with the Havoc Staff, but it's a huge disappointment.

custom skeletor.jpg

I love this Havok staff from evil mike

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I have no issue with the hood, I think in hand it'll create a shadow effect much like Double Trouble had one that kind of shadowed her terrible double chin.

The staff, however, is pretty awful looking to me. I know sometimes we are shown early samples and we catch "errors" but we shouldn't always have be the "Accuracy Police".

Besides, last summer, we were shown a much better looking havoc staff with painted detail on the nose and sculpted teeth and better eye sockets, now it appears to be missing on the production piece and altered from the original sculpt. Hopefully the details are still there and what it is is just a lack of paint applications.

Comparison pics:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...97B2E1D514.jpg
    It's been said sometimes China resculpts parts if they damage or break the resin casted part sent to them to tool. Eric Tredway hinted at this possibly being the case with Point Dread Teela's filmation head because he stated it looks nothing like their sculpt did. Maybe China resculped the Ram head on the Havok staff because it does look different from the horsemen sculpt

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I love this Havok staff from evil mike

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ps9a249ccf.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...pscd9b4df3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's been said sometimes China resculpts parts if they damage or break the resin casted part sent to them to tool. Eric Tredway hinted at this possibly being the case with Point Dread Teela's filmation head because he stated it looks nothing like their sculpt did. Maybe China resculped the Ram head on the Havok staff because it does look different from the horsemen sculpt
    Looking at it closer, it does look like the eye sockets are missing paint application from the bottom. I can see the nostrils are unpainted, so hopefully that's just the case and that China didn't butcher the sculpt completely or at all. Still can't see if there are any sculpted teeth on the staff though.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

A big fan of Slush Head
    He definitely needs paint under the hood
    Here I photoshopped more black inside the hood
    Looks much better that way

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'd say the biggest problem is his hood is far to bright a purple. You can see it in the pictures above. In the show it was very much purple where as on the toy it is leaning towards a more pinkish purple.
    Yup. If it was the correct color purple, the darkness of it would help.
    Because the coloring of the production piece is this "pinkish purple," the shadow won't be as dark as if it was the darker purple.