Thread: why the he-man commemorative head is different from the original 1982 ?

why the he-man commemorative head is different from the original 1982 ?

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    I think the theory is they tried to make a copy of the original soft head, and the head was distorted in the process of making a mold of it. But who knows?

Main issue being they don't have the original molds. I don't recall if He-man had this issue, but I know Teela actually had different molds based on country of manufacture.

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    Exist a demand against Mattel for using "arnold schwarzenegger" head because that mold was going to be for producing the Conan figure, that's why mattel sold all the "Conan" figures (painted in brown) for a dolar with mailer coupon from the wonder bread.

So they had to change the head.
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman121 View Post
    Main issue being they don't have the original molds. I don't recall if He-man had this issue, but I know Teela actually had different molds based on country of manufacture.
    I remember reading the ToyFare magazine article on this back in the day. The old molds were lost. I think some of them were sold, melted, and used as anchors on boats, lol.

For the Commemorative Line, they used old vintage figures to help make new molds.

Widget
    Even the He-Man Armour is bit stiff, as in it doesn't fit in well on him

Also I don't like that they used the Mexico reissue colors. They should have gone original release colors on all the commemorative figures. Same issue with the giants.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I remember reading the ToyFare magazine article on this back in the day. The old molds were lost. I think some of them were sold, melted, and used as anchors on boats, lol.

For the Commemorative Line, they used old vintage figures to help make new molds.
    This is what I heard as well. The old molds were lost/destroyed so they used toys to reverse engineer molds.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wao ! Thank's everyone for the reply.

I was wondering, can i buy a commemorative he-man and battlecat set, and put an original 1982 he-man head on the commorative body ?

My guess on this head sculpt debacle is that is was created by the same genius who has brought us the so called filmation power-sword on the new classic 2.0 he-man.

Wao ! Thank's everyone for the reply.

I was wondering, can i buy a commemorative he-man and battlecat set, and put an original 1982 he-man head on the commorative body ?
    You should be able to.

This all could have been avoided if Mattel had contacted Top Toys they still have all of the original molds. See the Fuerza-T line.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by tampico32 View Post
    Exist a demand against Mattel for using "arnold schwarzenegger" head because that mold was going to be for producing the Conan figure, that's why mattel sold all the "Conan" figures (painted in brown) for a dolar with mailer coupon from the wonder bread.

So they had to change the head.
    None of that is true
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure