View Poll Results: Should Matty offer a 2-pack featuring improved Filmation He-man and Skeletor figures?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 53.41%
  • No

41 46.59%

Thread: Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Club Grayskull 2-pack!

Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Club Grayskull 2-pack!

Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!
    As impressive as the new Filmation figures are, there have been a number of noteworthy complaints about their design. With many fans upset by He-Man's fast sellout time, would MOTU fans be pleased to see Mattel offer a Filmation two-pack of He-Man and Skeletor, which would give Four Horsemen Studios an opportunity to improve on the figures, much like they did with the new ThunderCats Classic figures based on fan input? The 2-pack could be produced in a large enough quantity to satisfy fan demand.

Some improvements could include:

* Classics style ankles for both He-Man and Skeletor.
    * Packed in fixed boots for other Filmation figures suffering from rocker ankles?
    * Cartoon-accurate havok staff design.
    * Cartoon-accurate Power Sword suitable for He-Man's hand grip.
    * Black on the inside of Skeletor's hood.
    * Different accessories (Faker head, flat gray bone sword, silver Power Sword)?

Please share your thoughts and support!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes oy if it doesn't take away slots for as yet released filmation variants like fisto whiplash teela merman Hordak etc

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I voted yes, but honestly Mattel can just fix the ankles and reissue He-man and skeletor separately in their cool new packaging as evergreen Items on Mattycollector. Mattel stated they wanted these to last and bring awareness to the line for new people so they would need to reissue these and with the corrected ankles.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

They should do it not on Mattycollector, but for Specialty Retail shops (like Comic Book Stores, collector's section at TRU, Hot Topic, etc.) That way they have the iconic guys at retail to lure the people to Matty (with a provided insert with a link to Matty. Maybe add a coupon to sweeten the deal) and spread the word about the Filmation sub-line.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    They should do it not on Mattycollector, but for Specialty Retail shops (like Comic Book Stores, collector's section at TRU, Hot Topic, etc.) That way they have the iconic guys at retail to lure the people to Matty (with a provided insert with a link to Matty. Maybe add a coupon to sweeten the deal) and spread the word about the Filmation sub-line.
    I was browsing around FYE the other day looking at all the assorted figures and collectables and was thinking that they could probably sell a few Filmation He-Man's at the store. This 2 pack would be a great idea for testing the retail waters, there's a ton of less-well-know nostalgia based collectables at retail now, why not He-Man in one of his most recognizable versions?
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

YES!

This would be a perfect way to:
    -Put Filmation-styled figures in a retail store (like the DC vs. MOTU 2-packs)
    -and to fix all of the mistakes that they made on their first try.

Personally, it would be worth it just for the corrected ankles...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Yes I'm in !!!!
    And personnaly I thought that's a great idea because that could help to sell way better the Club Grayskull line, since you absolutely need the Main characters to be perfect
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

at least for ankles problem i am ok

I voted No...

Another set of standard Filmation He-Man & Skeletor is excessive and unnecessary, IMO. One big critique of the 2015 line-up was that it was too variant-heavy but at least each one was different to complete the vintage line. I'd rather spend my money on new figures than a set of re-issues that I already have.

Going back to the Classics ankles would be a downgrade and a bad idea, I feel. The new ankles are fine, they just need to have the gap fixed, that's all. After playing around with various poses, I wish that all of MOTUC had this type of articulation. Figures like Lord Dactus and King Chooblah would've benefited greatly by it.

I'm not fussed enough by the accessories to make me want to spend the extra money, either. I'd rather buy a Filmation-inspired weapons pack instead.
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

nah, specifically for the "problems" you refrence.

I am not suggesting you are wrong about your opinions of how you see these issues, only that they are not issues, problematic, nor bad in my eyes. Specifically I love the highly articulate ankles.

So if there were to be changes, no, absolutely not.

If they wanted to do a Toys R Us 2 Pack exclusive to bring attention to the line or scratch an itch in collectors who would be 100% more likely to get FIlmation toys than the previous CLassics version that saw retail sure. I loved the Toys R Us 2 packs and though they didnt sell great I think these would sell better.

But I would not want to see any changes particularly.

Frankly I think additionally the He Man & Skeletor should specifically be evergreen items as is.

Well I missed the sale, so this might be my best chance to get both figs so Id like a set!
    Better ankles would also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was browsing around FYE the other day looking at all the assorted figures and collectables and was thinking that they could probably sell a few Filmation He-Man's at the store. This 2 pack would be a great idea for testing the retail waters, there's a ton of less-well-know nostalgia based collectables at retail now, why not He-Man in one of his most recognizable versions?
    exactly! you go to those kinds of stores and you see NECA movie figures, couple of WWE, DC collectibles, Marvel Legends, Diamond Select items, some Funko lines. Sometimes I've seen that some people see the figure, take it and buy the movie/series where that toy came from as well. Tossing the Iconic He-Man with Skeletor on a Retail pack would be a win-win! for Mattel.

To this day there's people unaware of Mattycollector and the toylines sold there. Mattel's done a poor job of promoting Matty. Sure they have the Mattycollector Logo on the TDKR Superman, but only the logo with no explanation.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Again: RED boots and trunks!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-ator View Post
    Well I missed the sale, so this might be my best chance to get both figs so Id like a set!
    Better ankles would also be great.
    That would for sure and with improved ankles and more accessories that would be way better
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    That would for sure and with improved ankles and more accessories that would be way better
    yeah! Like He-Man getting his grappling hook and rope. That's the most Filmation accessory they could have given He-Man, but they did not. The two pack would be a great way to add this key filmation accessory to our collections!

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Again: RED boots and trunks!
    Yes. Also thicker boots that match the build of the rest of his body.

It would be great if they could make a thinner version of his harness as well. Also they should take another crack at his sword.

i;ll take whatever will get me more basic Caucasian bodies for customs...
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

I voted YES
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    yeah! Like He-Man getting his grappling hook and rope. That's the most Filmation accessory they could have given He-Man, but they did not. The two pack would be a great way to add this key filmation accessory to our collections!
    Great idea! I've recently been rewatching the old cartoon and noticed that he uses the grappling hook and rope quite a lot!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Yes, it would be an epic release!
    To add to the 2-pack nostalgia, maybe a single Filmation episode on dvd would be great.
    I'm positive this would sell well in retail too.
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Yes, it would be an epic release!
    To add to the 2-pack nostalgia, maybe a single Filmation episode on dvd would be great.
    I'm positive this would sell well in retail too.
    Super7 would be seriously unwise if they didn't re-release the Filmation He-Man and Skeletor figures. They sold like hot cakes and are still in huge demand, which is not at all surprising given these are the iconic characters in their most iconic and well-known version.

I think the DVD pack-in would be a great idea (which I suggested myself years ago as a possible incentive to promote the sales of a retail Filmation-themed MotUC subline). However, wouldn't a single episode feel really meager (for two figures and whole DVD)? I'd say, for a He-Man vs Skeletor 2-pack, include a DVD with the Top 5 He-Man vs Skeletor episodes (as voted by the fans and by the experts like Busta). Five Filmation episodes is about 1h 40m of content, or about the length of an average movie; so they would fit a DVD just fine.

And such a release would be well worthy of being made widely available at retail, and not just at Super7's webstore (and their own few brick-and-mortar stores in California). I can't see any reason why those rather ugly and unmarketable He-Man and Skeletor Kubros figures by Mega Bloks have been on sale at retail around the world, while these much better and much more marketable Filmation MotUC versions shouldn't.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Super7 would be seriously unwise if they didn't re-release the Filmation He-Man and Skeletor figures. They sold like hot cakes and are still in huge demand, which is not at all surprising given these are the iconic characters in their most iconic and well-known version.

I think the DVD pack-in would be a great idea (which I suggested myself years ago as a possible incentive to promote the sales of a retail Filmation-themed MotUC subline). However, wouldn't a single episode feel really meager (for two figures and whole DVD)? I'd say, for a He-Man vs Skeletor 2-pack, include a DVD with the Top 5 He-Man vs Skeletor episodes (as voted by the fans and by the experts like Busta). Five Filmation episodes is about 1h 40m of content, or about the length of an average movie; so they would fit a DVD just fine.

And such a release would be well worthy of being made widely available at retail, and not just at Super7's webstore (and their own few brick-and-mortar stores in California). I can't see any reason why those rather ugly and unmarketable He-Man and Skeletor Kubros figures by Mega Bloks have been on sale at retail around the world, while these much better and much more marketable Filmation MotUC versions shouldn't.
    Don't know about S7 doing He Man and Skeletor again, wouldn't be a horrible idea and would most definitely sell. I want them to redo Evil Lyn for sure, Mattel and their awesome QC really jacked her up.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Why would anyone say no?

The question is should they make it, not will you buy it.

Not only should they make it, but I'll buy 3 sets. (Don't worry it won't affect the value of the singes you have MIB too much.)

(I need to upgrade my Apache Chief with a Filmation He-Man body.)
    (I had it that way at one time, but the price went too high on Filmation He-Man figures, so I pulled Apache Chief apart, rebuild it back into He-Man and sold him)

Here is Apache Chief remade with a standard He-Man Body: