Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else loving the Mezco 1:12 Collective?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So I've slowed down on my Mezco One:12 collecting because, well, the characters and costumes were getting really bad... and the price was skyrocketing.
    I've slowed down too. The QC has been all over the place on these over the last year or so. For every great figure they release, they release something abysmal. Plus the release dates on theses are crazy. They get delayed up to 10 months and them Mexco puts out subpar releases.

The Gladiator Hulk was just pathetic and the fact that Mezco wouldn't do nothing about it made it even worse. Now people are having problems with the rubber and pleather on some of the older figures. I dread the day my Red Skull jacket starts to flake away.

I did get the SDCC Moon Knight and I'm really happy with it. My friend though got one and the moon chest symbol on his is off center and really ruins the figure. It's crazy how uneven the QC is with these. The standard one should be great as long as the chest symbol is on straight. I also was able to score a NYCC Batman/Black Mask. I hope it comes out like the prototype pics. I don't have any of the SN Batman figures yet. I hope the 2 pack version is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    They aren't something a kid can have a collection of. I imagine 90% of them end up up just posed on a shelf.
    That's the point of these. They aren't designed for play. Complaining about these not being kid friendly is like complaining about not being able to freeze something in your oven. The oven isn't designed to freeze items so complaining about it not being able to do it is ridiculous.

Mezco even puts in flyers in the figures warning not to play with them. They aren't designed for that. They're clearly a collector item.

Comparing these to Megos is just absurd. Just cause they both have clothes doesn't mean they are the same. One:12's are more like smaller versions of 1/6 figures. What's next? Do we complain because Timmy can't play with a $250 Hot Toys figure? The horror. It's a figure with clothing too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I agree. This is one of the saddest things about toy collecting today. MOTUC, Marvel Legends, Mezco One:12, Transformers Siege, Star Wars Black Series etc are all toys designed more for display rather than play. Play should always be the main purpose of a toy.
    Mezco....sure, they aren't supposed to be for playing. That's not their function or purpose in the first place. MOTUC, Legends, SIEGE, and SW Black are all kid friendly and can and are used by children. I've seen kids play with all of them.
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 2, 2019 at 12:40am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That's the point of these. They aren't designed for play. Complaining about these not being kid friendly is like complaining about not being able to freeze something in your oven. The oven isn't designed to freeze items so complaining about it not being able to do it is ridiculous.

Mezco even puts in flyers in the figures warning not to play with them. They aren't designed for that. They're clearly a collector item.

Comparing these to Megos is just absurd. Just cause they both have clothes doesn't mean they are the same. One:12's are more like smaller versions of 1/6 figures. What's next? Do we complain because Timmy can't play with a $250 Hot Toys figure? The horror. It's a figure with clothing too.

Mezco....sure, they aren't supposed to be for playing. That's not their function or purpose in the first place. MOTUC, Legends, SIEGE, and SW Black are all kid friendly and can and are used by children. I've seen kids play with all of them.

Not to mention, anyone that still wants Megos can once again get them as they're literally back in business as of I think last year or so.....

http://megofigures.com/

You've also got http://figurestoycompany.com/ as well which puts out those style of figures. A bit more pricey then the Migos, but these days there's an assortment of everything.

My point was these could be incredibly kid friendly. The ones I have are built like absolutely tanks and are super posable. They're much more "playable" than Hot Toys or Sideshow figures.

They could've been the greatest "action figure" line in history with all the properties they have. Instead, they're a nice enough "mid-priced line for collectors".

I've slowed down too. The QC has been all over the place on these over the last year or so. For every great figure they release, they release something abysmal. Plus the release dates on theses are crazy. They get delayed up to 10 months and them Mexco puts out subpar releases.

The Gladiator Hulk was just pathetic and the fact that Mezco wouldn't do nothing about it made it even worse. Now people are having problems with the rubber and pleather on some of the older figures. I dread the day my Red Skull jacket starts to flake away.

I did get the SDCC Moon Knight and I'm really happy with it. My friend though got one and the moon chest symbol on his is off center and really ruins the figure. It's crazy how uneven the QC is with these. The standard one should be great as long as the chest symbol is on straight. I also was able to score a NYCC Batman/Black Mask. I hope it comes out like the prototype pics. I don't have any of the SN Batman figures yet. I hope the 2 pack version is good.
    Yeah, I made the mistake of getting their Miles Morales Spider-Man... whoo-boy! What a stinker! Miles is probably the worst figure in the One:12 line. Baggy costume, stiff articulation and limited accessories...

More and more of their costumed heroes are falling flat, yet their characters in "normal" clothing (e.g. Ash, Blade, Joker, DotD Zombies, Gordon, Michael Myers, etc.) turn out great.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!