23 41.07%
  • Neither!

2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel or DC?

Marvel or DC?

OR

????

Simple question: Are you a Marvel person, or a DC person?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

My loyalties lie with DC.

Easily Marvel.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm a Marvel Zombie...

But you forgot to put an option for "Both" because there are people who enjoy both equally.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Marvel ,please!
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

I've always been a Marvel guy.

I wouldn't know jack squat about DC if it hadn't been for Batman TAS and the Justice League Cartoons (I loved both).
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

While I do love both Marvel and DC, I have to side with DC... my brother is a HUGE Marvel fanatic, in fact we both were as kids... we used to flip through the Marvel Universe Handbooks and pick "the coolest looking" characters then proceed to go outside and pretend to be those characters... ahh, imagination, how I love thee.

But, somewhere along the way, I discovered a little team known as The Legion of Super-Heroes, and everything changed. From that point (LOSH remains as my favorite book of all time) I delved deeper into the DC lore and the rich history of, not just the "main" characters, but the more obscure ones. Adam Strange, The New Gods, Kamandi, Ambush Bug, Blue Beetle, Doom Patrol, The Demon Etrigan, Booster Gold, Omac, Sandman, etc, etc..

Yeah, I still have a huge place in my heart for Marvel (always will!) but DC is where I got lost in comics... in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm a Marvel Zombie...

But you forgot to put an option for "Both" because there are people who enjoy both equally.
    Ah, but that's the catch. You have to choose only the one that you have the greatest memories, allegiances, love, favorite characters, etc... because I'm sure a lot of people can find things they like about both, but this question asks you to choose a side (mwa, ha, ha, ha... evil laughter... ) Well, I'll leave the evil laughter up to you Benny.

I'm DC as far as my superheroes go. However, I actually don't read any of their comics anymore. I only read IDW's TMNT and (haha!) Marvel's Star Wars stuff!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm DC as far as my superheroes go. However, I actually don't read any of their comics anymore. I only read IDW's TMNT and (haha!) Marvel's Star Wars stuff!
    I read very little current day DC comics, being a Silver Age fan though means there's a load of stuff I can still buy and read of theirs though.

I would say I'm split, but if I had to pick a favorite chracter, it's always Batman.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Marvel has a lot of cool stuff, but DC has Batman, Joker and the Flash. Marvel probably has a better universe, but DC has better character, in my view.
    I want more army builders, Dragon Blaster Faker and world peace! And yes, I want them in that order.

I like both pretty much equally when it comes to comics. Movies on the other hand....

DC for me!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I can't vote because I've always loved both.

But about 99% of the people I meet are MARVELS. I actually only know of DC fans online.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I can't vote because I've always loved both.

But about 99% of the people I meet are MARVELS. I actually only know of DC fans online.
    Judging by your avatar name, I figured you were definitely voting DC!

Seriously though, IF you could only choose one... which would it be?

Definitely need an option for both. I've never been into comics, but I've been a fan of the movie and cartoon adaptations from both for as long as I can remember. That being said, aside from The Dark Knight Trilogy, Marvel is pretty much trouncing DC on the movie front these days.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Heroic Warrior
    Dc, but marvel has some greats, like spiderman and captain america.. I used to be a x-men fan, but every movie marvel puts out seems to be x-men.. so, now much like Judas priest's breaking the law, something I used to love, I can not stand now due to all the forcing down your throat with an over saturated approach. It just becomes a turn off and a oh yay, another x-men movie.. or in Judas priest's case, this song again?

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    The Distinguished Competition can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Judging by your avatar name, I figured you were definitely voting DC!

Seriously though, IF you could only choose one... which would it be?
    Good grief, man! That's like asking me to pick my favorite twin! ( If I had twins )

Well....if I had to pick, I suppose I would go with DC because I've liked BATMAN and ROBIN for as long as I can possibly remember. And I obviously like WARLORD.
    Odd Man Out

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Well....if I had to pick, I suppose I would go with DC because I've liked BATMAN and ROBIN for as long as I can possibly remember. And I obviously like WARLORD.
    TRAITOR!!!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hahaha! Sorry, BENEDICT!

Truthfully? As far as modern comics go, I have to go with neither. I haven't really been into any of the newer MARVEL or DC stuff. I'm more about BRONZE AGE comics when it comes to the Big Two. I love stuff from the late 70s and early 80s from both camps.

For newer books, I am much more excited by stuff coming out from DYNAMITE, IDW, IMAGE, and even BONGO.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm a mixed bag.

Marvel movies are wonderful, but their current generation of comics and cartoons has lost me.

DC Comics' movies aren't as good as the Marvel movies, but their comics and television are very good.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Read both, but mostly Marvel.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I'm a MARVEL man. Not a DC chick.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Since One More Day I only picked up Marvel titles that had happened before that, never really stopped picking up my DC titles. Not that I don't have any problems with them, I have recently though picked up some kind of dated titles for Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Thor God of Thunder, and Guardians. And a few other titles I had wanted to read from around a decade ago.

Side note can't believe it's been almost 10 years since One more day happened.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it