Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Eternia Orko Support Thread

Heroic Warrior

Anti-Eternia Orko Support Thread

A super easy repaint and Anti-Eternia He-Man needs the company!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    A super easy repaint and Anti-Eternia He-Man needs the company!
    Going by the translation in the respective thread vintage forum, would this even be necessary? If memory serves he looked exactly like Orko and He-Man couldn't tell the difference until faux Orko showed his true colors by his actions.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Going by the translation in the respective thread vintage forum, would this even be necessary? If memory serves he looked exactly like Orko and He-Man couldn't tell the difference until faux Orko showed his true colors by his actions.
    This is correct.
    I grew up listening to that story. Anti-Orko looks identical to the Orko we know.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    This is correct.
    I grew up listening to that story. Anti-Orko looks identical to the Orko we know.
    Thanks for the confirmation .

*If* an Anti-Eternia Orko were ever made, the only feasible way I could see that happen would be if Orko were given "evil eyes" to make him different, something like the Filmation episode when he was under Azrog's control.

Heroic Warrior
    Bummer! I thought he'd look all black and red like He-Man...still, a little artistic license maybe...?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I want Dree-Elle and Montork first
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Yeah, that's a fair call!

Seems to me this thread needs a pic of the evil eyed Anti-Orko for those of us unfamiliar with the anti-Eternia story.

This is a figure I would probably be up for, but it would be better if I knew the storyline. I guess it is too much to hope for that anti-He-man would come packaged with a translated version of the anti- story?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Seems to me this thread needs a pic of the evil eyed Anti-Orko for those of us unfamiliar with the anti-Eternia story.

This is a figure I would probably be up for, but it would be better if I knew the storyline. I guess it is too much to hope for that anti-He-man would come packaged with a translated version of the anti- story?
    Have you read this before?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rman-audioplay

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Ahh ... I have now! Thanks!

It does seem quite reasonable for us to ask for Anti-MAA and Anti-Orko ... as well as a black Wind Raider, to fill out this roster of characters.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Since I'm the one who brought up the "evil eyed" Orko, perhaps something along the lines of this from The Return of Orko's Favorite Uncle:

Heroic Warrior
    Ahh ... I have now! Thanks!

It does seem quite reasonable for us to ask for Anti-MAA and Anti-Orko ... as well as a black Wind Raider, to fill out this roster of characters.
    Yeah, how cool would it be to have a black repainted Wind Raider...?

But yeah, I agree. Totally reasonable.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    And Gorpo (the true one)! There are like a dozen Trollans and Orko variants that should be given far greater precedence over a newly invented one (that moreover wouldn't even correspond to the "Anti-Eternia Orko" as described in the audioplay).

It's one thing to be getting the "Anti-Eternia He-man" from the super-obscure German audioplays, as a nod to those relatively few fans that did have access to that source in their childhood. It's a whole 'nother matter to now start requesting every major character to be repainted in "Anti-Eternian" colors. If someone is so interested in such "easy" repaints, they should just repaint whatever character they'd like an "Anti-" version of themselves.

We are under a very stringent shortage of release slots (they've just confirmed next year will be as restricted to the same small handful of slots as this year, which is a whole lot less than previous years, especially with half of the Matty slots now being taken by the underdetailed Filmation variants of A-listers that don't fit well with the rest or Classics, or by Thundercats that aren't even MotU), whereas there are dozens upon dozens of fan-requested characters from a wide range of sources with far more claim to one of the very few release slots available than these newly-invented easy-repaint "Anti-Whoever" variants.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Since I'm the one who brought up the "evil eyed" Orko, perhaps something along the lines of this from The Return of Orko's Favorite Uncle:
    Wow! Super easy repaint! Perhaps it would be better for Orko to be a packed in bonus with a black Wind Raider...?

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    It's always funny to see how the German audio plays are regarded so obscure internationally, while for the German fans, they were arguably even better known and more popular than the Filmation cartoon.
    Anyway, I think that audio play characters like Satma, Goras, Arkia or Ofta would be FAR more interesting to see than a black Man-At-Arms or evil-eyed Orko.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Anti-Eternia He-Man is all I'm interested in, so no I will not support any others
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    It's always funny to see how the German audio plays are regarded so obscure internationally, while for the German fans, they were arguably even better known and more popular than the Filmation cartoon.
    Anyway, I think that audio play characters like Satma, Goras, Arkia or Ofta would be FAR more interesting to see than a black Man-At-Arms or evil-eyed Orko.
    Those characters sound interesting! Might have to do a google search on 'em!

Heroic Warrior
    Gorpo from the MOTU annual first.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Thanks for the confirmation .

*If* an Anti-Eternia Orko were ever made, the only feasible way I could see that happen would be if Orko were given "evil eyes" to make him different, something like the Filmation episode when he was under Azrog's control.
    That would be cool...but we would need an Azrog too!

Court Magician
    Dont forget the Austrian Fans.
    And, to be honest, the Audio Plays had in my opinion the far better storylines than the Filmation cartoon. They really captured the whole sword & sorcery theme and some of them were really creepy. I just loved them as a kid.

But do you really think that the mentioned characters are interesting? Goras for example could easily be some kind of Mo-Larr character. Arkia on the other hand is truley interesting and could be put in a Trollan-Pack with Dree-Elle and Montork.

I can't believe they haven't made these two yet!
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Here's a custom figure of him made by GW:

Are there any visuals for those 4 characters?

Court Magician
    No, there aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Are there any visuals for those 4 characters?
    Just fan created images that were used in the annual fan polls, I believe.