Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: He-Man and the MOTU: The Newspaper Comic Strips from Dark Horse Books

Check out this review from BW Media Spotlight of the A World in the Balance story from the He-Man & MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips collection from Dark Horse which is available now to purchase in comic shops, book stores, and online.

Click here to read the review,
    and click here to order on Amazon!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

This collection may by my favorite motu release from dark horse. Ive read it front to back at least three times, if not more, and im still always sad to reach the end....

Hope this book shows up locally, i really want a copy of it. But until then I'm into finishing reading the minicomics collection.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    This collection may by my favorite motu release from dark horse. Ive read it front to back at least three times, if not more, and im still always sad to reach the end....
    It was a ton of work to help produce, but everyone had a lot of fun working on it and it's awesome to hear you've enjoyed it so much!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    I finally got a copy cheap and I had no idea it was basically Filmation Season 3. I would have totally bought it sooner.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    I finally got a copy cheap and I had no idea it was basically Filmation Season 3. I would have totally bought it sooner.
    So glad you guys are enjoying it! As Val said, we spent a lot of time tracking these down and getting everything together, but it was worth every minute.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 9, 2018 at 03:28pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I know it won't happen, but I would love a comic book continuation of the Newspaper strips, but still set in Eternia, pre-New Adventures. I wouldn't care if it was an Alternate Universe, a Reboot/Do-over or whatever....it would just be fun!!
    Odd Man Out

Check out this review from BW Media Spotlight of the At the Edge of the Darkest Night story from the He-Man & MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips collection from Dark Horse which is available now to purchase in comic shops, book stores, and online.

Check out this review from BW Media Spotlight of the He-Man In Wonderland story from the He-Man & MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips collection from Dark Horse which is available now to purchase in comic shops, book stores, and online.

It's cool that the BW Media Spotlight blog has been doing reviews of each storyline. They only have a couple more to go!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Check out this review by JP Sarri Reviews of the He-Man and the MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips from Dark Horse Books!

And if you haven't yet, be sure to click here and order your copy. Definitely worth the price.

Check out this review from BW Media Spotlight of the Shaken to the Core story from the He-Man & MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips collection from Dark Horse which is available now to purchase in comic shops, book stores, and online.

Val, I'm not sure if this was asked and answered, but how many newspapers originally included the MOTU strips?

Where I grew up, we had two major newspapers and they seemed to have different comic strips (minus some heavy hitters like Calvin & Hobbes, Farside, Dennis the Menace, etc.)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Were those missing comic strips from Power-Con ever recovered?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Some where but some are still missing.

He-Man and the MOTU: The Newspaper Comic Strips from Dark Horse Books

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Val, I'm not sure if this was asked and answered, but how many newspapers originally included the MOTU strips?
    We've kept a list going, and occasionally a new one turns up that we didn't know about before. I'd have to look but, at last count, it was about 25 newspapers and comics magazines that carried it at various times during its run. I'm sure there were actually a lot more than that, but so far we've found around 25 publications from around the world.

Like I said though, new ones turn up from time to time, usually when people post or reach out to say, "hey, I read these when I was a kid."

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    14 strips are still missing.

Here's the breakdown:

* TWELVE LOST STRIPS SOLD AT POWER-CON 2017 - SOMEBODY AT THE CON BOUGHT THESE!*
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - sold at Power-Con -- DARK HORSE BOOK PAGES 501-502 - sold at the con - still missing!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - sold at Power-Con -- DARK HORSE BOOK PAGES 503-504 - sold at the con - still missing!

* TWO LOST SUNDAY STRIPS - NOT SOLD AT POWER-CON, BUT THEY MUST EXIST SOMEWHERE*
    Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 490 - missing!
    Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 502 - missing!

* RECOVERED (FORMERLY) LOST STRIPS - FOUND*
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 485-486 - FOUND!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 489-490 - FOUND!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 499-500 - FOUND!

Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 386 - FOUND!
    Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 412 - FOUND!
    Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 414 - FOUND!

Plus, many of the existing Sundays we previously only had in black & white have been located in color, with the full 9-panel grid.

This is what the proof sheets look like (not these exact strips, but the sheets look like this).

If anybody goes to the con this year, do me a favor? Keep an eye on the dealer tables. If proof sheets were bought by dealers, they may try selling them at their tables.

Also, if your newspaper or comics magazine carried the strip in the 80's & 90's, please let us know!

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; February 27, 2019 at 11:24am.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    We've kept a list going, and occasionally a new one turns up that we didn't know about before. I'd have to look but, at last count, it was about 25 newspapers and comics magazines that carried it at various times during its run. I'm sure there were actually lot more than that, but so far we've found around 25 publications from around the world.

Like I said though, new ones turn up from time to time, usually when people post or reach out to say, "hey, I read these when I was a kid."
    Wow, that's a far lower number than I expected (even accounting for those that periodically pop up.)

Just another reason why this book is such a gem!

Thanks for the info Penny!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow, that's a far lower number than I expected (even accounting for those that periodically pop up.)

Just another reason why this book is such a gem!

Thanks for the info Penny!
    Agreed. Thanks for the info. So sorry to hear that the recovery is still.going on.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

We've kept a list going, and occasionally a new one turns up that we didn't know about before. I'd have to look but, at last count, it was about 25 newspapers and comics magazines that carried it at various times during its run. I'm sure there were actually lot more than that, but so far we've found around 25 publications from around the world.

14 strips are still missing.

Here's the breakdown:

* TWELVE LOST STRIPS SOLD AT POWER-CON 2017 - SOMEBODY AT THE CON BOUGHT THESE!*
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - sold at Power-Con -- DARK HORSE BOOK PAGES 501-502 - sold at the con - still missing!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - sold at Power-Con -- DARK HORSE BOOK PAGES 503-504 - sold at the con - still missing!

* TWO LOST SUNDAY STRIPS - NOT SOLD AT POWER-CON, BUT THEY MUST EXIST SOMEWHERE*
    Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 490 - missing!
    Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 502 - missing!

* RECOVERED (FORMERLY) LOST STRIPS - FOUND*
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 485-486 - FOUND!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 489-490 - FOUND!
    Proof sheet = 6 weekday strips (Mon-Sat) - Dark Horse Book pp. 499-500 - FOUND!

Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 386 - FOUND!
    Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 412 - FOUND!
    Color Sunday Strip - Dark Horse Book pg. 414 - FOUND!

Plus, many of the existing Sundays we previously only had in black & white have been located in color, with the full 9-panel grid.

This is what the proof sheets look like (not these exact strips, but the sheets look like this).

If anybody goes to the con this year, do me a favor? Keep an eye on the dealer tables. If proof sheets were bought by dealers, they may try selling them at their tables.

Also, if your newspaper or comics magazine carried the strip in the 80's & 90's, please let us know!

http://i.imgur.com/BrLqDNI.jpg
    Penny
    Are there any plans to get these recovered strips to the fans?
    would be awesome to be able to add them into the awwesome book we have!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

He-Man and the MOTU: The Newspaper Comic Strips from Dark Horse Books

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Penny
    Are there any plans to get these recovered strips to the fans?
    would be awesome to be able to add them into the awwesome book we have!
    When and if we can find them all, I’d love it if Dark Horse could release a complete second printing of the book.

If not, we’ll find a way - either online or maybe as a pamphlet or something. We’d still have to track down the last 14 strips before a reprint can be proposed though.

Regardless, fans will absolutely get to see the “found” strips one way or another. If too much time goes by and we never find the missing ones (which would suck), we’ll probably just post the ones we’ve located.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Heroic Warrior
    When and if we can find them all, I’d love it if Dark Horse could release a complete second printing of the book.

If not, we’ll find a way - either online or maybe as a pamphlet or something. We’d still have to track down the last 14 strips before a reprint can be proposed though.

Regardless, fans will absolutely get to see the “found” strips one way or another. If too much time goes by and we never find the missing ones (which would suck), we’ll probably just post the ones we’ve located.
    Great to hear Penny, thanks for the update!