Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixing MOTUC and Mythic Legions

Hastily thrown together

Mixing MOTUC and Mythic Legions

Ever since the 80's, I've always wanted a skeleton army for the Lord of Destruction. When I saw the ML kickstarter, I knew I had to pledge. My small order arrived this afternoon and I love it! I only bought skeleton army builders, but if anyone else has other figures they've purchased to mix with classics, I'd love to see some pictures!

I chucked a quick display together:

Can't wait for my MLs to get here. I ordered a variety of figures. The skeletons will fit right in. They look perfect next to MOTU. I worry that the regular humans will look comparatively puny next to the massive MOTUC characters, but the fact that they're built using a buck system means that they kind of share an aesthetic with MOTUC, even if it's more conceptual than actual. If that makes sense. I have a migraine and my brain doesn't work today.

Heroic Warrior
    Well done this is fantastic!!!!

Incredible display and awesome idea!

Since with Mattel's current situation, it's difficult to see them doing the MVC Skeleton Warriors or the Dark Riders, this is what i' m going to do too! The Mythic Legions are officialy part of my MOTU Universe! And i hope the 4H will pick up the MOTU licence to make this merging official!

Those are some pictures posted on Instagram, mixing the figures from the two lines, and i have to say that MOTU and Mythic Legions look amazing together, like they belong to the same Universe!

Last edited by granamyr80; June 8, 2016 at 09:28pm.

Awesome! Mythic Legions is the new king of the hill and I'm thrilled with to have them all!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

I love those Warriors, and that small hill display too. Where'd it come from?

The hill looks like Playmobil.

I BOUGHT SKELETONS FOR THIS EXPRESS PURPOSE.

Seriously though, the skeletons are awesome, and I'm glad to see they work as well as I thought they would! Very much looking forward to my orders.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Mixing MOTUC and Mythic Legions

Posted this elsewhere on the forum. Love this Power-Con pairing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Here's a couple quick shots:

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

These are all amazing! Mine are still all in their packaging--for now. It's great to see how well they mix together! This makes me want to get a few more of the skeleton warriors! I didn't even think about building Skeletor's evil minions with this series! Awesome idea!

Hastily thrown together
    Thanks for sharing pictures, these figures really are fantastic. I want to nab some of those orcs at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericius View Post
    The hill looks like Playmobil.
    Indeed, I raided my son's playmobil storage for this setup. He was more excited about the skeletons than I was.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I ordered a lot of the Mythic legions when I first saw them for this exact reason. Once mine arrives in the UK I will get some pics on.

I was wondering about any mix and match options. Ie can you swop heads??
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Bothar on Battle Lion with Battlecat's saddle.

26905688262_2dc7175109_z.jpg

keep them coming!
    guspena.com

These look great. I've been looking at them for a while. I missed the initial role out so now everything is double the price. I might still have to pick up a couple of these!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Nizzy View Post
    Ever since the 80's, I've always wanted a skeleton army for the Lord of Destruction. When I saw the ML kickstarter, I knew I had to pledge. My small order arrived this afternoon and I love it!
    did you receive any shipping notice? or any updates at all, other than the Kickstarter page? i'm getting quite frustrated with the lack of information regarding when these are going to be delivered. i also made an order (not ALL IN, which i would have if i knew they were going to service those customers first) that was sizeable and have no idea when i'm supposed to expect these! to make matters worse, i'm in the middle of a chaotic move and so am expecting to lose at least some mail ...

Want these for the exact same reason, hoping they have better options than just kickstarter preorders, i wanna buy these as i can, ks isn't feasible for me right now
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I ordered a lot of the Mythic legions when I first saw them for this exact reason. Once mine arrives in the UK I will get some pics on.

I was wondering about any mix and match options. Ie can you swop heads??
    Not between MOTUC and ML. But ML can switch heads, hands, arms, legs, torsos and armor from one to another!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Want these for the exact same reason, hoping they have better options than just kickstarter preorders, i wanna buy these as i can, ks isn't feasible for me right now
    Quite a few are up on BBTS right now.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

Hastily thrown together
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    did you receive any shipping notice? or any updates at all, other than the Kickstarter page? i'm getting quite frustrated with the lack of information regarding when these are going to be delivered. i also made an order (not ALL IN, which i would have if i knew they were going to service those customers first) that was sizeable and have no idea when i'm supposed to expect these! to make matters worse, i'm in the middle of a chaotic move and so am expecting to lose at least some mail ...
    Nope, I just came home yesterday and they had been delivered. I was pretty surprise, I had been waiting for a shipping notice.

Thanks for posting guys. Mine are still in their packaging but stuff like this helps me enjoy them without opening them. If I do open the I'll snap some pics of the skeleton domination of Greyskull.

It's funny I like the skeleton troop builder the best out of all he skeletons myself. I didn't have enough to actually troop build these after ordering the bulk of the line but D-Nizzy's pics make me want to grab a few more

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I can't wait for mine to arrive. I fully intend to incorporate them into my MOTUC displays.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Thanks for posting guys. Mine are still in their packaging but stuff like this helps me enjoy them without opening them. If I do open the I'll snap some pics of the skeleton domination of Greyskull.

It's funny I like the skeleton troop builder the best out of all he skeletons myself. I didn't have enough to actually troop build these after ordering the bulk of the line but D-Nizzy's pics make me want to grab a few more
    Unlike MOTUC figures, these figures are easily re-sealable. I wouldn't worry about keeping them MIB.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

AAAAAH I LOVE THEM I'M FOAMING AT THE MOUTH WITH RAINBOW JOY
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The Orcs and Skeletons make great army builders for Skeletor (especially since MOTUC never got around to the skeletons and orcs that worked for him in previous media)!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

These all look great, can't wait to get my Skeletons! I'm bummed I didn't do the all in option, everything looked spectacular at PowerCon. I certainly won't miss the next Kickstarter.