Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unproduced MOTU vintage last wave

Heroic Warrior
    Can't say I've seen those pics before.

They are really awesome except for the Whiplash/Rattlor/Trap Jaw/Mosquitor mix and for the Squeeze/Clawful/Scareglow/King Hsss mix.
    They seem to be just bad knock off.
    Why everybody are sayin' that the Ninja is white? It can be also red, brown or fluorescent yellow... where's the color reference?
    Fisto/He-ro/Rio-Blast/Squeeze really needs a new weapon... the horde bow is an horde weapon and it would be interesting to see the color scheme of the legs!
    The Snake-Men with the horde trooper armor need a snake men insignia.
    The good ninja needs human feet and human hands!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 20, 2016 at 09:40am.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

Heroic Warrior
    Here is my take on the Whiplash/Rattlor/Trap Jaw/Mosquitor fig

I went with a dark purple and orange color scheme
    20160620_183248.jpg
    20160620_183308.jpg
    MOTUC Wants: Sorceress
    Vintage MOTU Wants: Scubattack LOOSE
    Jitsu staction

Quote Originally Posted by ToteMan View Post

Well done!

I did this back in January, and I'm working on doing all of these in vintage and classics style
    Attachment 108884

Good job guys, please post the next ones in this thread if you are doing more.
    This Classics version is awesome.

No hints to names or anything on this guys? Do we only know Strobos name because he appeared in that comic?
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    No hints to names or anything on this guys? Do we only know Strobos name because he appeared in that comic?
    Nope, no names are known for these guys. It's exactly as you said. We only know Strobo's because he appeared in the comic story in the US MOTU Magazine.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
    A podcast dedicated to the classic gothic television series, Dark Shadows

https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Maybe Power anf Honor knw their names.

Foe me there is a older hero. After using all magic to defeat the Horde, he was infected with snake trsforming poison and had to resort to the same bio-tech virus possessed by the dinosaurus of Preternia to survive. He uses the Hordak's former crossbow taken from Hordak's hands after defeating him.

Th squeeeze headed guy must be the unnamed one. He has paralyzing effectts to whoever dares to look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Foe me there is a older hero. After using all magic to defeat the Horde, he was infected with snake trsforming poison and had to resort to the same bio-tech virus possessed by the dinosaurus of Preternia to survive. He uses the Hordak's former crossbow taken from Hordak's hands after defeating him.

Th squeeeze headed guy must be the unnamed one. He has paralyzing effectts to whoever dares to look at him.
    Maybe they know more and when they make a new book to profit from, we'll know more

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I've asked Emiliano, and he says 'no'--all they've got is the art, no text.

I don't think these are PoG characters, although the predominance of Snake Men parts is interesting. I also note how self-contained this wave's art is--often you'd get a bit of crossover, even if it was only the leaders showing up on a panel or two. But here, it's all just various combinations of these six characters.

Also I seem to recall they have coulored schemes for these 6 characthers, that I think he ro and unnamed one are among them.

Also I seem to recall they have coulored schemes for these 6 characthers, that I think he ro and unnamed one are among them.
    Not according to anything I've heard ... and we know He-Ro's color scheme, and none of these six appear to be either him or the Unnamed One.

(I personally think we know the Unnamed One's color scheme as well, but I don't think I'll ever be able to prove that. )

He-Man historian
    Also I seem to recall they have coulored schemes for these 6 characthers
    Please tell me where exactly did you hear this information?

Last when I was at German Grayskull-Con years ago, Foundation didn't even hint they would have confirmed names or colors...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Some of you artists should get to work coming up with some colorized versions of these figures. Maybe take some cues from the color schemes used in the 1987 wave of figures.

http://www.motuportugal.com/motuv/motuvfigs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Some of you artists should get to work coming up with some colorized versions of these figures. Maybe take some cues from the color schemes used in the 1987 wave of figures.

http://www.motuportugal.com/motuv/motuvfigs.html
    I'm working on them now just waiting for a few more parts to show up in th mail. I did 1 classics style already and will have the rest when I get 3 more figures

My understanding is that Errol McCarthy passed scans along to Power-Con coordinators who then turned it over to Mattel for part of their presentation.

When will it be posted?

I imagine that the Ninja is heoric and blind, and so is one of the few heros that can avoid to look at the unnamed one and turned paralyzed. His resemblance to reternia disguise he man is impressive by the way.

Also the Snake trooper (as well as the hordak crossbow) must be some snake army created by the unnamed one with the horde trooper machine aftter defeating hordak in preternia (Hordak helped to build the Central Tower so he must belong to the preternia past world) and took possession of hordak's own machinery.

About the tecno-implants of other guys (like hero elbow, and the snake men arm turned in a gun) are from the same tecno virus that affected the dinosaurus (Bionatops, Turbdactyl, Tyrantisaurus Rex).

This wave might show us an interesting pattern ... the 1987 releases are about half repaints/mix-up figures like these and half new molds and gimmicks. In addition, there's some evidence (such as the William George posters) that the 'standard' Heroic and Evil Warriors, who are predominantly the repaints, were conceived and put out on market first, with the more elaborate stuff--the Snake Men, the Energy Zoids, the Movie figures--coming later.

Perhaps Mattel was using the repaints/mix-and-match to fill in time with low-effort, low-cost productions while planning for the next year?

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea,

That's definitely a way to use them. Almost certainly not what Mattel intended (there was no techno-virus back in the vintage line, and I still think the Unnamed One was Hordak), but if it works for you, great!

Personally, I'm up in the air about whether these are PoG or present-day. I admit, I always wanted a heroic ninja back in vintage, so that figure is appealing, and Strobo is well-established, but the others? Not sure about, especially since the Snake Troopers were going to have the same blow-apart feature as the Horde Troopers, which is just weird.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting thoughts. or are they facts? no seriously. Tell me.

I would assume that he-man's adoptive son is one of them since he slain him.

I imagine that the Ninja is heoric and blind, and so is one of the few heros that can avoid to look at the unnamed one and turned paralyzed. His resemblance to reternia disguise he man is impressive by the way.

Also the Snake trooper (as well as the hordak crossbow) must be some snake army created by the unnamed one with the horde trooper machine aftter defeating hordak in preternia (Hordak helped to build the Central Tower so he must belong to the preternia past world) and took possession of hordak's own machinery.

About the tecno-implants of other guys (like hero elbow, and the snake men arm turned in a gun) are from the same tecno virus that affected the dinosaurus (Bionatops, Turbdactyl, Tyrantisaurus Rex).

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToteMan View Post

20160620_183248.jpg
    20160620_183308.jpg
    Good job! I didn't like the re-use of Whiplash's head and all the other mish-mashs when I first saw the drawing, but your custom makes it look more tolerable. Really interested in what colors these were intended to be and what colors they could be.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Also note that Strobo was supposed to "spin". These are pretty cool.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

It is so much fun to see what would have been if the line had continued. I can't help but think how awesome it would have been if these figures had been made for the 30th Anniversary instead of completely new characters...although I wouldn't want to give up my Dreago Man for anything!

How would people feel if some of these guys were made as Power-Con exclusives? I think the White Ninja, Techno-Snake Guy, and the Horde Snake Troopers would make a great trio for them!

Elder Councilman
    I like the Strobo, I'm down with the new Snake Leader featuring Scareglow's cape, a rival for Ninjor works fine even though I'm not a fan of Ninjor in general; I like the Fist-Ro, and also the Snake Horde Trooper.

That Trap-Lash though...irks me.

I mean....at least to me, despite Mer-Man and Stinkor both having the same head, I think the rest of the parts and paint schemes were distinct enough to create new characters.....not to mention Mer-Man not looking particularly distinctly like his illustrated counterpart.

Moss Man worked due to the flocking.

Thing is.....the Trap Jaw arm is pretty flippin' distinct to Trap Jaw, and....Whiplash's head is Whiplash's head. Unless it's some new variation of Whiplash, it just doesn't work for me.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

But the paint deco can be highly different to make you see a completely new figur (with some resemblance to the original caracther). If you think at fuerza T figures they have same face but with green beard you make a new figure that is not immediately connected with he man.