Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fuerza-T to offset costs?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Reading through this thread again three years later is wild, because alot of the stuff people demanded to see first - before something like Fuerza T be considered - like the Errol McCarthy design characters and the the '87 MOTU movie characters have now been produced.

It would be pretty incredible if Super7 were able to make a deal with Top Toys now to do a line of Fuerza T classics, since they can't do official MOTU stuff anymore. If that were the case we could potentially get new heads, different loin cloths, so they weren't entirely identical.

I'm sure it's unlikely, but it's fun to dream.
    I would squeal and jump for joy if that were to happen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Since Carnivore and Felinor are the only two that "officially" appear in some canon of MOTUC, it might be good to utilize these as feeler characters for MOTUC power-con exclusives, see how that does, and base it from there
    Attachment 122847
    Attachment 122849
    I'd also be more than happy with this scenario too! Any way I can get more Classics!
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Even though these were made with MOTU parts, they'd be considered a completely separate toyline, wouldn't they? Does some story exist that folds them into the MOTU mythology? I know Axel drew Carnivor into the minicomic spread, but he definitely didn't make it into the final published version. Personally, I always thought of these as a separate line that happens to use MOTU molds, and don't really see them as being on the table for Classics itself.

That said, if Super7, Top Toys, and Mattel all got on the same page, maybe they could work something out to make this an official spinoff or something. Personally, I always saw it as a completely separate brand, but I'd be open to it if they somehow decreed that it's now an official spinoff or extension. I don't know how realistic that is though. I imagine there'd be some red tape involved, and they already have plenty of official characters left to do. You never know though!
    I think Super7 would have to choose between licensing the CLASSICS molds from Mattel or creating new sculpts based on Fuerza T.

This is the issue with Gobots.

Hasbro owns Gobots, Leader-1, CyKill, etc. I think they have a pretty easy path to licensing American media designs.

Hasbro doesn't own Machine Robo, the toyline Go-Bots was based on. Bandai does and continues to produce original figures.

Generally, Hasbro can and does reference Go-Bots characters by name only or with original designs with color schemes or details that recall the Go-Bots cartoon.

Hasbro can easily paint Starscream gray and give him a cartoon Leader-1 head and call it Leader-1.

They can't make an update of the original toy or re-release it.

So the odds are that a Fuerza-T line without Mattel and released in the U.S. would happen but couldn't use MOTUC parts and might need to artistically stylize elements like the belts and armor so as to not infringe. Maybe adjust the belt angles and give them diamond studs instead of ovals, make the Fist-O armor some extra cartoon-y take on the pattern. Do new heads based on the Fuerza-T packaging.

The buck itself might be Horsemen property but the details belong to Mattel and would need fresh tooling without Mattel's approval.

- - - Updated - - -

In the case of Platino, let's look at this.

A08BE6C9-194A-49D6-AABC-D0DDAAD9D347.jpeg

He clearly has artwork depicting a different head, mechanical fist, and left hand armor than the toy. Go with that.

I'd give him the blue undershirt and silver belt to further distinguish him and try to render the belt and armor design at different angles. Maybe actually give him Fuerza T bird logos like from the brand logo? Maybe make a belt that matches the artwork gauntlet?

The artwork doesn't depict fur trunks. The paint deco suggests solid black trousers. So don't do fur details on the trunks.

The boots are silver which suggest metal so give them an original design based on the glove artwork.

The axe artwork is totally different.

Once you develop the new belt, you can reuse the new belt on all Fuerza-T figures.

I think essentially the new parts would work like that. Develop a new belt and give every figure that originally had He-Man's belt that belt. Develop a new left cuff and reuse that cuff everywhere He-Man's left arm was reused.

Essentially, as most of MOTU was He-Man, Beast Man, and Skeletor with new accessories, you'd be developing a new base He-Man, Beast Man, and Skeletor style buck for the Fuerza-T figures to pilfer from with new armor and accessories.

Shidoshi and Goldar can share armor with one another inspired by Shidoshi artwork but it can't be Man-at-Arms. Felinor and Spector (note: needs a new name) can share armor but it needs to be NOT Skeletor's. I might emphasize the baggy, draped hood like element of Felinor's armor, lack of bat emblem. The center gem looks almost like a skull so maybe do a skull there.

In the artwork, Felinor has unique wrist armor. Do that for all Beast Man style arms. In the artwork, Tekno looks to have chiseled metal shaped like muscles. Do that. Anywhere Fuerza-T differs, go further. Anywhere it's the same, change it until ONLY Fuerza-T elements and the basic MOTUC silhouette remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I think Super7 would have to choose between licensing the CLASSICS molds from Mattel or creating new sculpts based on Fuerza T.
    This guy.... this is my kind of guy.

The TG video talking about these shared why they'd never happen. They were produced without permission from Mattel using their molds. So they wanted nothing to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The TG video talking about these shared why they'd never happen. They were produced without permission from Mattel using their molds. So they wanted nothing to do with them.
    Yes Mattel could make them they wouldn't have to get Top Toys approval they made a "bootleg" line using Mattel's Molds...Super 7 could do them IF Mattel wanted them to.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    But, Top Toys owns the characters they made. So if Top Toys licensed the characters to Super 7, Super 7 could produce Ultimates figures of those characters without using anything from Mattel. They are creating all their own molds for Conan, TMNT and Thundercats so that isn't exactly a barrier - they could share parts as possible from other Ultimates lines and tool unique heads and armors.

The only real stumbling block would be if making such a deal with Top Toys would jeopardize any future deals with Mattel. If Mattel were really that grumpy about Fuerza T that it could sour future deals, i could see Super7 staying away.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    But, Top Toys owns the characters they made. So if Top Toys licensed the characters to Super 7, Super 7 could produce Ultimates figures of those characters without using anything from Mattel. They are creating all their own molds for Conan, TMNT and Thundercats so that isn't exactly a barrier - they could share parts as possible from other Ultimates lines and tool unique heads and armors.

The only real stumbling block would be if making such a deal with Top Toys would jeopardize any future deals with Mattel. If Mattel were really that grumpy about Fuerza T that it could sour future deals, i could see Super7 staying away.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the "jeopardize any future deals with Mattel" thing.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

What if they ripped off the rip offs and made suspiciously similar but legally distinct characters named Super Fuerza Siete?

Iím a glass half full kinda guy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the "jeopardize any future deals with Mattel" thing.
    The best way around that would be if someone licensed Fuerza-T to make an original comic/cartoon/video game.

Right now, Mattel sees it as a bootleg line.

Mattel's POV might change if Fuerza-T had more to it as a property than that.