Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuerza-T to offset costs?

I'll have some.

Heroic Warrior
    This along with Mo-Larr would be the only things I would pass on. No interest so many more deserving characters to get to. I would take all of the Son of He-Man characters first.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I would be for a parts reuse wave. Although Fuerza T might pose some problems. I say do the recently revealed repaints from Errol McCarthy's work.
    Yeah, I'd much prefer to get the rest of the Strobo wave. They look cooler than the Fuerza T figures anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Tuvar and Baddra are two others that have no new parts needed. But that's just an aside to my main point.
    Sorry to latch on to an aside, but that is far from true! Although Tuvar and Baddhra's heads are available, both of them would need an all-new boot and glove to complement the one that Two-Bad sports (left side for Tuvar, right side for Baddhra). Baddhra's entire right arm and leg (and torso!) would be needed with his unique scaly skin, and they each would need a unique armor piece as well. A second, hooded head for Tuvar would be awesome, but with as many alternate heads as we've been gypped out of lately, I likely oughtn't hold my breath, but collectively, these two would need a LOT of new parts.

Tuvar and Baddhra and NECESSARY, but I agree: they don't work here.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

have to say i'd get at least 1 minisub probably 2 for fuerza t .....really like felinor and the majority of the other figs are interesting so would also like to see how they could be worked into the motuc storyline/ setting.
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

I feel like I'm pretty much done with MOTUC... but I would get these guys... sign me up!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love a Fuerza T Classics line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I will SUB for Fuerza T but I guess we all agree, once you know about Errol Mccarthy recently discover art for new MOTU's, that this is much cool and probably attract more sub holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwammhorn79 View Post
    I would be in for Fuerza-T. But I'm not familiar with Errol McCarthy's work mentioned above.
    Here is a link to discussion of some of the unproduced characters.
    guspena.com

The Fuerza-T line and that whole Wave of late-model MoTU kit-bashes are just about equally on the far, far peripheral edge of my wants/needs for MoTUC. :^)

I WOULD, however, love to learn more about the unproduced new contemporaries of Strobo (that Heroic Ninja Warrior, that bizarre Whiplash/Rattlor/Mosquitor/Trap Jaw mash-up, cloaked-and-clawed Sssqueeze). Just tell me their NAMES!! [^D

There's a lot I would want first, but I'd consider these as a mini-sub if they priced them appropriately.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    No one is mentioning a licensing problem maybe?

It used Mattel molds but the names are not owned by Mattel...need clarity...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather see Errol's artwork come to life since it is more official.
    Agreed although i just finished a Carnivore custom, with a bit of tweeking, cause Axel had mentioned that he was in the script to appear on the side of evil in the 3rd ugb of the last mini comic, but was left out with slew of other characters(Catra, Ambrosia Webstor, Prahvus) leaving a gaping hole in the top right. Luckily he had a sketch he provided and you could make out Carnivore. Would this consitute that carnivore is part of the official MOTUC Canon.
    3 ubg.jpg
    MOTU08 - PGs 8-9 (Ultimate Layout).jpg
    DSCF5486.jpg
    Last edited by facet; June 23, 2016 at 02:40am.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Why not? If they don't have a big enough following they won't sell. That's the excuse we hear on NA, so is Fuerza-T popular enough to sell?
    As I said, Characters like the Fuerza-T (or the the ones revealed recently in Errol McCarthy's work) would be great as exclusives for Powercon - they're a lot cheaper to produce and wouldn't need to sell in the same quantities as a regular figures. So this might be attractive for Mattel, as they'd save money.

Now a sub might or might not work for both groups, but we'll most probably never know. While I'd be excited to see a Fuerza-T mini sub, I'd prefer a NA sub aswell. NA would definitely need one to be completed and therefore might sell better. So yes, I totally see your point of bringing their popularity up.

But in the end this thread was about whether Mattel should produce low-tool figures to offset tooling costs. Keep in mind that there are rumors that MOTUC might be finished after 2016. I myself would prefer to at least get new characters/ figures rather than not getting anything at all.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

I'd be down for Fuerza-T for sure. Tuvar and Baddra too.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Making the Fuerza T characters an official part of the mythos would be super dope. The licensing thing can't be that hard, right?

I'd rather see these than anything that randomly popped into a comic recently. These, to me, have more credit than something that's "official" just because a page needed filler. These have already had figures, and I'd for sure appreciate MOTUC versions.

Many collectors have known about them for a while and the villains are particularly awesome looking.

I'm not sure I want all of Fuerza-T. But I want Platino and Felinor for sure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, I'd much prefer to get the rest of the Strobo wave. They look cooler than the Fuerza T figures anyway.

Who was in the rest of the Strobo wave? I've not seen any pictures or even descriptions of who was all there.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I don't think I would want these for a mini sub because they were bootleg versions of MOTU figures and really these would just be getting mash ups of figures we already have. I would rather Mattel put the resources into a minisub of highly demaned characters like the 87 He-Man movie and I know NA fans would rather their faction get a mini sub over Fuerza-T
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I wouldn't mind them as part of a 12 figure sub, if they helped us get other unique figures. As a sub on their own, I don't know that I'd be interested.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I wouldn't mind them as part of a 12 figure sub, if they helped us get other unique figures. As a sub on their own, I don't know that I'd be interested.
    Forget 12 figure subs those are long gone . Mattel is doing six fgure bi-monthly subs now with a sub exclusive. The 12 figure subs ended with club eternia
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    What is the Strobo wave? Was he planned in the original line with some other oddities???

I think I'd be down, but it depends on numbers. A full sub to complete that line of figures, on top of a CC, TC and CG? No, I couldn't afford all that.

Maybe if these were sprinkled into a 6 figure mini sub. Now that I could see. It might take time to get them all done, but as has been stated, these would make excellent Power Con exclusives, assuming there is no license problem. Although since Mattel owns the figure designs, they could just make up new names and probably be in the clear.

It's worth mentioning that I would prefer Errol's work to become reality over these, but I wouldn't exactly be upset to see these done first.

Given how many Fuerza-T figures utilize the furry Beast Man legs, I hope that if we get MOTUC versions of these figures they get the updated King Chooblah legs rather than the old Beast Man legs with the exposed ankle peg. With the proper feet of course.

On a side note, reflecting on Felinor, I really hope he isn't a straight up Beast Man body with toy Mer-Man head. I envision him with Chief Carnivus' hands and feet and the alternate Stinkor head.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    What is the Strobo wave? Was he planned in the original line with some other oddities???
    Here is a link to some glimpses of the truly out-there oddballs proposed to be involved in the so-called "Strobo Wave".:

- - - Updated - - -

As was posted above: