Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuerza-T to offset costs?

They would make good Powercon Exclusives for sure!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Count me in for Fuerza-T in MOTUC!

I think some of those would make great Power-Con exclusives, as an example.
    I have a bag with original MOTU parts to make some customs of these, just never got around to it. The Fuzera figures are pretty cool on their own merits, methinks.

Perfect fodder for a con exclusive. New characters for those of us who want them (and, yes, I'm definitely in that category), but something that wouldn't leave your collection incomplete if you didn't get them.

There's one minor problem, though: Mattel would need to make one new part: a smooth crotch piece, That is the one big difference twixt the MOTU figures and Fuzera: no furry underwear. Now, that one single piece could be used for all the figures, but it would keep them from being straight out repaints. Also, you would be mixing and matching parts from different molds in some cases, something Mattel seems to be very conscious of doing these days (likely because it means running more molds to make a single figure adds a bit to production costs). Still, I think that could be covered if the price of the figures was a little higher, and I would be willing to pay the premium to get tham correct. If a new crotch part was too much to ask for, the Filmation trunks are closer, with less furry detail, so they might work.

Regardless, I would definitely be interested in these, and I think a con exclusive would be the best route for getting them. A real incentive would be an unproduced figure; I believe there was a clear figure using Skeletor's molds, but I don't think it was actually made, so that would be very much in the spirit of MOTUC, finally making those figures we only saw in prototype form.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Slither View Post
    Here is a link to some glimpses of the truly out-there oddballs proposed to be involved in the so-called "Strobo Wave".:

- - - Updated - - -

As was posted above:
    Thanks!!! The Horde Snakes, Ninja, and TJ Ratt-lash look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I have a bag with original MOTU parts to make some customs of these, just never got around to it. The Fuzera figures are pretty cool on their own merits, methinks.

Perfect fodder for a con exclusive. New characters for those of us who want them (and, yes, I'm definitely in that category), but something that wouldn't leave your collection incomplete if you didn't get them.

There's one minor problem, though: Mattel would need to make one new part: a smooth crotch piece, That is the one big difference twixt the MOTU figures and Fuzera: no furry underwear. Now, that one single piece could be used for all the figures, but it would keep them from being straight out repaints. Also, you would be mixing and matching parts from different molds in some cases, something Mattel seems to be very conscious of doing these days (likely because it means running more molds to make a single figure adds a bit to production costs). Still, I think that could be covered if the price of the figures was a little higher, and I would be willing to pay the premium to get tham correct. If a new crotch part was too much to ask for, the Filmation trunks are closer, with less furry detail, so they might work.

Regardless, I would definitely be interested in these, and I think a con exclusive would be the best route for getting them. A real incentive would be an unproduced figure; I believe there was a clear figure using Skeletor's molds, but I don't think it was actually made, so that would be very much in the spirit of MOTUC, finally making those figures we only saw in prototype form.
    I wonder if they could adapt Eldor's trunks for this. The belt was a separate piece than the trunks, as if it was meant to be swappable with a different belt at the factory.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather see Errol's artwork come to life since it is more official.
    Let's make BOTH.
    Does Galactus fart?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather see Errol's artwork come to life since it is more official.
    Same. I'd prefer the Errol McCarthy ones for this reason. Well, except maybe the horrifying John Carpenter's 'The Thing' Whiplash. *shudder*

Not saying I wouldn't accept Fuerza-T, but the unproduced MOTU '88 wave feels more official to me.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be down
    . Why not.. no idea about them, but would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If we aren't going to get a new mold, I could live with the standard furry MOTUC loin cloth. The problem with the Filmation loin cloth is that for all the detail you lose in the fur, you also lose in the belt as well.

It's a shame that Extendar wasn't designed in a way that he has a loin cloth that could be used on other figures. He basically has the same style belt with smooth shorts so that would have worked for Fuerza-T.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I'd be for Fuerza-T to help offset costs, but not a Power-Con Exclusives since I already missed out on this year's PC exclusives. Though I see why this would be a great fit for them, I just would like a better chance to get them at lower prices....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I'm not sure how producing these would do anything but harm the current MOTU lines. You would be taking manpower and resources from the lines you are actually trying to "help". There are very few people who currently work on MOTU and to tax their workload even more with these wouldn't make sense. The execs will say that you have 2 hours a day to devote to Matty Collector. Where do we as a fanbase want those 2 hours to go? Mattel won't give resources to a line they currently own and have had a good run with for the last 8 years so what is to think they would even consider Fuerza-T as a legitimate business investment. So if there are limited amount of SKU's the current Matty team can put out a year, I would rather they be MOTU or Thundercats. If they ever got the resources to fully expand Matty Collector to produce a number of the smaller toy lines from our collective childhoods then I say great, go for it.

I personally have zero interest in Fuerza-T. Heck, even my interest in MOTU has waned tremendously in the last couple of years.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They would make good Powercon Exclusives for sure!
    8 figures at so high cost.... Not for me
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Personally I've no interest in the Fuerza-T making it in to MOTUC.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I am indifferent to MOTUC Fuerza-T figures.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Im not saying is everybody case but Im pretty sure many people said they were no interested in Club Grayskull and in Power-Con variations and now they are paying scalpers prices.
    guspena.com

FUERZA is the Spanish for force

Count me in! I love the simplicity in them. An 8 pack for $200 would be perfect. However, the concept for the 88 line look amazing. Simple part swaps and repaints result in some really sweet designs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Count me in for Fuerza-T in MOTUC!

I think some of those would make great Power-Con exclusives, as an example.
    I'd love Felinor!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior

I'd be down for these guys!
    I think think they're great reuse of MotUC parts!

Heroic Warrior
    I want MOTUC Fuerza-T!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Personally I've no interest in the Fuerza-T making it in to MOTUC.
    I completely agree. Not while there's vintage New Adventures figures and a bunch of high demanded media characters we haven't got yet!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I completely agree. Not while there's vintage New Adventures figures and a bunch of high demanded media characters we haven't got yet!
    I want these too, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Powercon exclusives for Fuerza-T stuff.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I want these too, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Powercon exclusives for Fuerza-T stuff.
    It seems like a no brainer for this to happen so make it...

I realized that I had parts to make pretty much the entire Fuerza-T squad in my parts bins, and then all this buzz started... methinks it'd be prudent to wait.

I'd accept these into Classics if they were to have distinguished heads. Otherwise have them be a separate line.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I second that too. They are interesting but not anything I would want to purchase. If they do make them into the line fine. I would much rather see the spot go to something else.