Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake Horde Trooper for MOTUC

Snake Horde Trooper for MOTUC

From the unproduced vintage last wave, here is another one I'd like to see get made into MOTUC form. He is an interesting combo of Snake Men and Horde Troopers.

Totally Dyslexic
    A black Horde Trooper would be great and why not give him multiple heads.

A snake head, FILMATION head, a vintage head.

I´d would like to see that!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Yes! I want this figure! Include a regular black HT head along with it and it will be a mega hit!
    "..."

This would be such a cool army builder!

The funny thing is, this (and Strobo) were the two unproduced vintage figures that I actually knew about when I was a kid. I know I saw something like this picture (Strobo fighting Horde Snakes) sometime back in the '80s (or maybe '90s?), and I remember seeing Strobo confirmed as a character in the Magazine. Those Horde Snakes, though just kept lingering in my memory and I constantly wondered about them and their story for decades.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

This would be a great Power-Con exclusive for 2017!

Wait! The first time I saw the first illustration I thought The Snake Trooper had a clear glass astronaut helmet. Now I see it was a illusion looking at the second image.

It would be way cooler if he come with this astronaut clear helmet.
    guspena.com

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    This would be a terrible exclusive.

It would just increase the price for anyone army building.
    "..."

With so few figures being released these days, I'll take them any way I can get them. I'd be surprised if they were ever a part of a regular sub this late in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    Wait! The first time I saw the first illustration I thought The Snake Trooper had a clear glass astronaut helmet. Now I see it was a illusion looking at the second image.

It would be way cooler if he come with this astronaut clear helmet.
    I thought he was wearing one the very first time I saw him as well. He'd probably look cool either way.

This would probably make a cool custom project...just cannibalize a Horde Trooper, add a snake men head, and paint the body a nice, shiny, gun-metal black! Would be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    This would probably make a cool custom project...just cannibalize a Horde Trooper, add a snake men head, and paint the body a nice, shiny, gun-metal black! Would be really cool!
    you actually dont need to cannablize a horde trooper, better yet use Floog, you get the scaly skin underneath. I just made a custom from a flogg, only parts i changed were the lower legs were king hsss and gave him hordak boots. you dont get the loin piece but if you can live with that, you got yourself snake horde troopers. I got a extra horde trooper armor from Karak Nul. i post pics soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Agree! This and the Whiplash headed beastie with Trap Jaw arm!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Here is the one I made a few months ago.

image.jpg.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Agree! This and the Whiplash headed beastie with Trap Jaw arm!
    Yes! Of the ones shown I would like to see these ones and the heroic Ninjor.

I really like the idea of (Preternia) Hordak enslaving snake warriors and turning them into snake-cyborg Troopers.

Another great army builder for after we can create an army of DC New 52 monster Horde Troopers.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Actually thats a pretty nice idea! It not difficult to add some kind of gold disc to the croch also. May I see your version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    you actually dont need to cannablize a horde trooper, better yet use Floog, you get the scaly skin underneath. I just made a custom from a flogg, only parts i changed were the lower legs were king hsss and gave him hordak boots. you dont get the loin piece but if you can live with that, you got yourself snake horde troopers. I got a extra horde trooper armor from Karak Nul. i post pics soon.
    guspena.com

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    Actually thats a pretty nice idea! It not difficult to add some kind of gold disc to the croch also. May I see your version of this?
    DSCF5745.jpg
    DSCF5746.jpg
    He is not exactly done yet got to add some details but the weapon is great, got it from evil mike on shapeways totally evens him out

Nice! I like it! Where did you get the chest symbol from? I guess one could also make a normal HT out of him with one of the custom heads out there.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    DSCF5745.jpg
    DSCF5746.jpg
    He is not exactly done yet got to add some details but the weapon is great, got it from evil mike on shapeways totally evens him out
    guspena.com

the armor i got from karak nul he casted it on his online shop ( no longer in his store though) but i guess you could use a flogg armor and a ffm horde symbol

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It would be an easy release for Mattel, as I'm pretty sure the original figure was supposed to be a Horde Trooper body with a Squeeeze head (at least from what we see in the picture). I'd get one or two.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It would be an easy release for Mattel, as I'm pretty sure the original figure was supposed to be a Horde Trooper body with a Squeeeze head (at least from what we see in the picture). I'd get one or two.
    As someone else said, pack-in a black Horde Trooper helmet and it'll be a super-quick sellout for sure!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Looks like the vintage Motu line towards the end was stealing heavilly from Dino Riders, this snake trooper looks identical to Krulos. It would make a great Classics figure though.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    As someone else said, pack-in a black Horde Trooper helmet and it'll be a super-quick sellout for sure!
    It would be crazy. Of course it wouldn't sell as much an original trooper, but the army building possibilities would be staggering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Yeah, that last picture of the punched trooper looks like Squeeze, but the other heads look more like Rattlor. Multiple head pack-ins. Hell, make it a 2 pack, 2 identical snake heads, 2 trooper Heads, 1 Sea trooper head, 1 alternate snake head.

See this is a perfect example of Matty dropping the ball on an easy way to make some money.
    This figure would cost them hardly anything to produce (like Anti- Heman) and I think a lot of people would buy it, seeing as how Horde Troopers are one of the most requested figures and made for army building ensuring they will sell more than just one to a customer unlike other figures.
    Its much like how Hasbro keeps releasing Transformer re-paints of the same figure like four times over but fans keep buying them.
    They make money we get a cool figure, no brainer!
    Last edited by Dude-ator; July 17, 2016 at 01:39pm.

He'd definitely be a cool army builder. I like the idea of him coming with a black horde trooper head as well.

I wouldn't mind a Vintage version either with the action feature now that Super7 is taking over.

Would love to see these guys in Classics. Black armor, green head please.
    I like to think they are troops for The Unnamed One seeing as he created the Snake Men.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I think these would make good Power Con exclusives.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor