Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lord Gr'Asp discussion

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new Snake Men head.

This could be Vypor from the mini-comics.
    This is exactly what I've been thinking about all 3 of those figures. I'd be desperate for them if they had original heads, but i'm so lukewarm because of the reuse of the heads. I get they were like that in the art and intended to come out that way but that small change would make all the difference to me! The claw would look cool in that yellow too!
    Check out my photography at www.MOTUACBA.com

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    there really needs to be yellow on the claw, either a stripe, or the entire claw is yellow
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    there really needs to be yellow on the claw, either a stripe, or the entire claw is yellow
    From the Power-Con thread:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm looking for other photos online, but there should at least be yellow on the outside of the claw.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From the Power-Con thread:
    * Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm looking for other photos online, but there should at least be yellow on the outside of the claw.
    <----(Copied & pasted from above quote!)

Good Deal VAL! I know I'd like the claw better with the YELLOW stripe going down it, ...or *PREFERABLY for the sake of *Play Value (which is Totally important to me & why I Hate the painted Blackstic on Rattlor, Spikor, ect.), ...I'd be down for a whole [COLOR="#ff9900"]Yellow [/COLOR]CLAW(& +Add some shading if you can!) .

....either way, I'm excited to +ADD the x2 SNAKE MEN to the lacking Ranks! ...& I understand that New Tooling was implemented in the Mini-Comic pack, ...but know what would be *Cool VAL, (in a Future PC offering!)

*SNAKE MEN heads for HOR-ROAR -&- Lord Gr'ASP, ...take existing Snake Men Warrior Heads, PAINT them to match the 2017 PC Exclusives, & +ADD them somehow to next years exclusives as a BONUS for the Customers who already purchased 2017 PC exclusives, & adds an incentive to buy Next Years PC exclusives (here's to hoping you con't. next year as well!), even if the x2 Snake Men Heads are hidden in the package if they don't fit the theme! Just something to think about & ponder. Just a whim wish of mine I'd gather, & rather infeasible I'm sure! Darn Logistics! lololol!

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********
    +1 Solid YellowCLAW!!!!!!

+1 Green Hood
    (LL Skeletor's Hood looks good on that custom!...but the Yellow Claw is a priority to me.)
    Last edited by invisibleboy; September 16, 2017 at 05:27pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Hood and yellow claw, please

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Hood and yellow claw, please
    yes, the hood too !

Heroic Warrior
    I do prefer the claw coloured, but I'm firmly in the "I'll buy this awesome pack anyway" camp

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I personnaly not a big fan of the hood, he looks like more badass without.
    But at least a yellow stripe on the claw would make it way more nice
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by DayJohnsonACBA View Post
    This is exactly what I've been thinking about all 3 of those figures. I'd be desperate for them if they had original heads, but i'm so lukewarm because of the reuse of the heads. I get they were like that in the art and intended to come out that way but that small change would make all the difference to me! The claw would look cool in that yellow too!
    so, I understand the sentiment, and this line of thinking - but it's basically self defeating. The only way these obscure concept characters were going to get made at all was because of Val's passion for the line and the request to do them as Power Con exclusives. Otherwise these figures would be so far down Super 7's to-do list they'd never happen.

And the only way these get done as exclusives is with the parts re-use. The 4-Horsemen have explained multiple times, as has Scott, that all new heads are some of the most expensive things to include - they require unique molds and more paint hits per capita than any other piece. That means expecting all new head sculpts on exclusives like this is simply unrealistic. Couple that with the fact that the original concept artwork reuses the heads already, making these versions source accurate as well, and there was no way these were ever getting made with unique heads.

I'm very satisfied with how these turned out - and it means I don't have to customize my own and guess at the color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    so, I understand the sentiment, and this line of thinking - but it's basically self defeating. The only way these obscure concept characters were going to get made at all was because of Val's passion for the line and the request to do them as Power Con exclusives. Otherwise these figures would be so far down Super 7's to-do list they'd never happen.

And the only way these get done as exclusives is with the parts re-use. The 4-Horsemen have explained multiple times, as has Scott, that all new heads are some of the most expensive things to include - they require unique molds and more paint hits per capita than any other piece. That means expecting all new head sculpts on exclusives like this is simply unrealistic. Couple that with the fact that the original concept artwork reuses the heads already, making these versions source accurate as well, and there was no way these were ever getting made with unique heads.

I'm very satisfied with how these turned out - and it means I don't have to customize my own and guess at the color choices.
    Baring that stuff in mind, as they are it does make sense to have these as an exclusive like this.

I just have one of those minds that only registers them as purple Whiplash, etc.. a different head would have done that for me, but I understand it's an unlikely and costly option with it being an exclusive like this.
    Check out my photography at www.MOTUACBA.com

I was rather "meh" about this character until his bio was revealed! Now I see him as on par with King Hiss and Lady Slither!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Gr'Asp really is quite gr'eat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Gr'Asp really is quite gr'eat https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba5900ae59.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think he'll work nicely as one of Lady Slither's minions.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    This is the fellow I really wanted. I may have to hunt him up on the over-priced secondary market at some point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by woozlindemon View Post
    This is the fellow I really wanted. I may have to hunt him up on the over-priced secondary market at some point.
    There are several being sold on eBay now from Hong Kong

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Love this guy! I repainted a LL Skeletor hood for mine. I feel like it adds to the character design.

Grasp1.jpgGrasp2.jpg
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Love this guy! I repainted a LL Skeletor hood for mine. I feel like it adds to the character design.

Grasp1.jpgGrasp2.jpg
    I like it! Looks great!!!

Grasp1.jpgGrasp2.jpg
    It really does! I wish the figure had come with one.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Grasp1.jpgGrasp2.jpg
    what color and brand of paint did you use for the hood ? it looks great

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I can't get my hood to stay like that. It doesn't fit right. What's your secret?
    "..."

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    what color and brand of paint did you use for the hood ? it looks great
    Apple Barrel "Marsh green" from Wal-mart. I did a bit of a darker wash between layers.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I can't get my hood to stay like that. It doesn't fit right. What's your secret?
    I used a hair dryer to heat the hood and kind of shaped it over the head, then cooled it with some water.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    There are several being sold on eBay now from Hong Kong
    Thanks for the tip. Just picked one up for 30 us shipped. Dont need the packaging... just wondering if he'll come with accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Love the character, but he needs his hood.
    https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2a&oe=593BB589

Also they need to add some colour to his claw, as he looks a bit too bland right now. The claw wasn't black on the cardback art either.
    https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f0&oe=592D189B

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm planning on getting a custom hood from barbarossacustoms to complete my Lord Gr'asp.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Don't know if anyone's pointed this out before, but that original drawing has a serious "Creation of Adam" vibe about it...

Anyway.... I ordered the Power-Con sets through BBTS. Anybody know when Big Bad are expecting to receive them?
    Last edited by Thrillhouse; September 21, 2017 at 09:19am.