View Poll Results: Pokemon GO! Are you playing it?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am playing it!

13 39.39%
  • No, I do not play it.

19 57.58%
  • Never heard of it...

1 3.03%

Thread: Pokemon GO! Are you playing it?

Pokemon GO! Are you playing it?

So a little background on me: I was a psych major before getting my teaching license in college, so I am always amused and intrigued by human behavior.

The other day I went to see a movie with a friend, and in the theater lobby I witnessed a middle-aged couple running around "catching" Pokemon with their phones. They were completely oblivious to their surroundings and even walked right through a lobby-rope, knocking it over.

I had not heard of the Pokemon GO! app and was quickly caught up by my friend who told me it is a modern phenomenon - raising Nintendo's stocks over 52% in a single week!!! I was astounded and decided to take a closer look at the appeal. I read an article that said Pokemon GO! is being used, on average, 10+ minutes more a day than both Twitter and Facebook! Amazing! The National Holocaust Museum in D.C. has had to ban the use of Pokemon GO! in their building because they feel it is extremely inappropriate. A man walked out in front of a bus, and another fell into a ditch using the app.

On the plus side, people are actually moving (i.e. exercising) more than ever during their constant pursuit of Pokemon. Local businesses are seeing an increase in foot traffic coming into their stores in major cities and people are getting to know each other throughout their neighborhoods.

Worldwide revenue for Pokemon GO! is expected to hit over $58 billion this year and rocket to $76 billion in 2017!!!!! Unbelievable!

So, after all of this, the question is - have you joined the hundreds of millions who now play Pokemon GO! ??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    I have. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do a whole lot other than just some minor catching. I live in an area where the closest Pokéstop is the pizza place a few miles down the road and the nearest gym is the ER a mile or so farther than that. Not a whole lot that I can do nearby and haven't yet got out to just play it. That's the problem that players face when they live among a lot of horse farms. At least I'm on the edge of Columbus, so I don't really have that far to drive to get some good action.

Although, I did notice the other day that a nearby cemetery is a gym that is being guarded by a really low level player. I think I can easily overtake that place if I ever feel the need to make a drive to that cemetery! It'll be a good first battle.

I tried it, did not care for it at all, so I deleted it.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm Team Valor myself.

I've caught 30 Pokemon since I download the app Sunday. I started off with Pikachu thanks to a trick I learned at the beginning. While I sometimes find an unusual or exotic Pokemon, I usually find city Pokemon such as Rattata and Pidgey. I wish I could find some cooler Pokemon like Scyther, Charmander or Squirtle.

I hate that the game as a tendency to glitch while capturing Pokemon. And getting onto the server can be tough sometimes.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, don't play it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My sons are all about this. I couldn't tell you exactly how they're doing but they and their Playstation friends are actually getting outside and walking a crap ton more than they had before.
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

I'm not playing it either, but it is hilarious to watch my coworkers drop what they're doing and run outside when a new Pokemon pops up on their phones!

Master of New Adventures!
    Yeah, that's what I need: Something else in my life that I like.

Team Valor here!

I actually did not care for Pokemon until now. This game is just too much fun. I caught my first Pikachu yesterday, and today i got a Charmander. I am lucky that my office is just above the Nintendo Store in NY, which is also a landmark (Rockefeller Center) so there's always a lot of them here. I don't even have to walk much, I think I caught most of them just having lunch in the kitchen at work

Heroic Warrior
    nope.
    don't need the CIA spying even more on me.

If I really feel like I gotta 'get them all', I'll pull out my old Gameboy system.

Heroic Warrior
    Play Pokemon GO? that silly game? Don't be daft.

Now if you will excuse me a Charmander and Kadabra are nearby...

whats the whole point of this game? do you win prizes? money? exercise to get ur lazy ass out n about?

all i seem to hear in the news is how people get mugged, beaten, or dead bodies found
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Pokemon NO!

I just read that Nintendo plans to sell a $35 hand-held device called Pokémon Go Plus that would make it easier to catch the digital creatures in the game and not rely on the mobile device's specs that you are using.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Nope, I hate it.

Who on Earth has time for such stuff?

When I play with toys, I assure you they're a lot more fun than Pokemon Go.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 4, 2016 at 06:43pm.

Heh, I read another story in which law enforcement lured a bunch of criminals to a theater, on the false promise of catching a rare Charmander Pokemon, where they were promptly arrested.

Now THAT'S something I can get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Heh, I read another story in which law enforcement lured a bunch of criminals to a theater, on the false promise of catching a rare Charmander Pokemon, where they were promptly arrested.

I have not played it yet so I voted NO but I plan to play it in the future. Seems likes fun. It is not really about the game itself but it is a tool to meet people. Social interaction is why it is popular. I could care less about Pokemon.

Heroic Warrior
    Just now seeing thread and poll.

I voted no.

I didn't know about it till it's release day.

HAHA! Wolf made a funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Play Pokemon GO? that silly game? Don't be daft.
    Now if you will excuse me a Charmander and Kadabra are nearby...
    Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Pokemon NO!
    Simmer down Mr. O.

Also,No one here wants to hear about THOSE kinds of toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Who on Earth has time for such stuff?

When I play with toys, I assure you they're a lot more fun than Pokemon Go.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have 94 Pokemon right now.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I now see that the large department stores are in full Pokemon Go mode! They have specific endcaps set up for all of your Poke-hunting needs. Shirts, pants, shorts, messenger bags, shoes, belts, hats, etc.... Hey, if you're gonna play the part, I guess you should dress the part?