Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

Lodar
    Snake mtn
    Captain Miro
    Remaining Na Characters ( GG and mutants)
    Revenge Squad
    Defenders of Trolla
    Dares crew
    Skeleteen and his crew
    Negator
    Darkdream

Snappy Threader
    I just want them to be active on the boards and get to know us. The rest would then take care of itself.

We do need a proper Filmation Teela and Hordak.

Snappy Threader
    Oh and we need to finish the New Adventures somehow.

Leg joints (like on Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Snout Spout, etc.) on vintage style figures instead of those accursed black bands holding the legs together. Not only do the vintage figures with leg joints (Flying Fists He-Man, etc.) stand better, but you also don't have to worry about the bands deteriorating and thus having the legs fall off.
    Last edited by FAKER II; July 21, 2016 at 11:09pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    There have been a lot of great constructive posts here. My $0.02 can be summed up as follows

1. Character selection. Make the figures cool and relevant. No pointless variants. New characters are fine if they fill voids.

2. Make it simple to buy. Have pre-orders for everything that isn't included in some form of subscription. Having to be online for a thirty three second window to get a convention exclusive is super annoying. Don't blind box figures. Don't make chase variants... if you make a variant, make it a separate sku that can be ordered.

3. Aesthetics. Don't skimp on paint. Keep detail consistent. I'm willing to pay more for figures done right.

4. Cost. I don't have a problem with some figures costing more. I also understand if you do a subscription you can spread the costs around a little more.

5. Availability. This kinda goes back to #2, but if a figure is intended to be an Army builder, make it available OR create a multi-pack. We need more Horde Troopers and more variety of snake warriors. I'd take 5 packs of both.

EDIT:

A couple other things to add to my list...

6. Alternate heads / kitbashed figures. I think the idea of occasionally having alternate heads to display is cool. It gives a bit of variety to collections. That said, I don't want to have to buy multiple figures to make a cool version of a figure. For instance, having to buy Battle Cat + Battle Lion to make 200x Battle Cat never made sense as a customer. Sure, it's a great way to sell excess inventory, but it would be far more customer friendly to release 200x Battle Cat (That's probably why I've never done a 200x Battle Cat). Same goes for She-Ra. Original She-Ra + Bubble Power She-Ra to make a She-Ra that can ride on Swift Wind.

7. Plan Ahead. Speaking of She-Ra... I suspect you will do this, but try to think as far ahead as possible. I don't want to have to buy a new version of a figure because they can't sit/stand/ride on another piece in the collection. I know you can't think of everything, but at least try to be aware. Some of the solutions to these types of things (the throne in Castle Grayskull) are less than ideal.

8. Mold Re-Use. I don't mind creative mold re-use. I'm all for a Fuerza-T-style wave new characters with a bunch of parts re-use so that you can bank some cash for more molds. I'm even ok with an occasional repaint (ala Blood or Disco Skeletor). However, I'm not interested in a buying 4+ versions of the same character with minor color changes only (like you've done with the 3.75" figures or the M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E line).
    Last edited by ash; July 22, 2016 at 10:37am.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    For 6" MOTUC-compatible figures, I'd like to see a pre-order or all-in sub model so I don't miss anything. I hate chase figures - I want frustration-free collecting.

I am open to new characters (like Draego-Man) and variants of the main characters (Ice Armor He-Man, 200x She-Ra). I am less interested in obscure Filmation characters that I have to look up and don't recall. I would like to see some more 200x sensibility (like gbagok's designs for his unofficial character bios), and POP done with quality updated designs or vintage toy designs. I'd like to see some attention to detail and some artistic freedom. I don't want to see granny panties or slavish interpretations of Filmation designs. I want to see new stuff, and I want to be surprised!

I'd be willing to go up to $35 for each figure in an all-in sub. But more than that, and I'd have to cherry-pick. I'd be up for vehicles and Snake Mountain.

I'd be a buyer for new vintage characters, too, depending on how interesting they are.

I enjoyed MOTUSCLE, but don't have much interest in the 3.75" figures. I'd like to add to my existing collections, rather than create new ones.

Items I want them to tackle in a toyline compatible with MOTUC:
    -Snake Mountain: Matty gave us Grayskull. Now for S7 to prove themselves they need a huge ticket item. Snake Mountain is it. Scrap the Bluetooth crap that Mattel wanted in order to save costs.

-The missing NA12 (Kayo, Artilla, Nocturna, Vizar, Spinwit, Sebrian, Sagitar, Hoove, Staghorn, Butthead, Lizorr, Quakke):
    They would complete the NA Roster, which would help us complete all past characters who had a Toy (minus variants)

-The Slime Pit Mutant: In addition to the NA12 this would help us complete the all past characters who had a toy (minus variants) thing.

-Key Filmation Characters done in Classics Style: Characters like The Twiggets, Melaktha, Kothos, Granita, Hunga, Delora (with extra Hawke head).

-Key 200X Characters that don't have a vintage counterpart. (Right now all I can think of is Queen Andreeno, the aforementioned Slime Pit Mutant, Sortech, Pellezeans.)

-VERY FEW Variants. If s7 wants to go for a version of the main two (which they probably will) they should go for 200X Vanilla He-Man vs Skeletor.
    Maybe Sorceress which is very different from vintage. Maybe teen Adam and Teela from 200X. Just don't overdo the variants.

-Skeleteen: ♠ shoved Dare down our throats, well, for symmetry's sake we need his "Skeletor".

-Songster: All "eras"/iterations of MOTU were to be covered in Classics. The Power Tour has no representative. Almost everything else has a representative.(Golden books, UK comics, Mini Comics, Cartoons, 87 movie, 80s DC Comics, 201X DC Comics.)

-Completing the Core Rosters for the Filmation sub-line: I don't like it, but the folks who do deserve to have at least the CORE Heroic and Evil Warriors.

-Stridor, Mantisaur, Clawdeen (or Storm), A Battle Raptor (for Hssss) to have Symmetry.

-More Weapon paks and "diorama pieces".

I'd like the subscription system to continue. (less hassle than logging in everytime there's a fig on sale.) Hopefully the price range should remain close to Matty's.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Leech was a big, heavy figure compared to the rest of the vintage MOTU figures, and I always felt the Leech we got in Classics was too scrawny. I would absolutely love a bigger Leech figure.

Also: Stridor
    The Slime Pit
    Dylamug.

I am NOT interested in any brand new characters.
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

International post for international customers to avoid fees. 15 to 20 Euros plus per figure would kill the line for me (10 Euros fix for handling no matter how the value is).

Skeleteen.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    There have been a lot of great constructive posts here. My $0.02 can be summed up as follows

1. Character selection. Make the figures cool and relevant. No pointless variants. New characters are fine if they fill voids.

2. Make it simple to buy. Have pre-orders for everything that isn't included in some form of subscription. Having to be online for a thirty three second window to get a convention exclusive is super annoying. Don't blind box figures. Don't make chase variants... if you make a variant, make it a separate sku that can be ordered.

3. Aesthetics. Don't skimp on paint. Keep detail consistent. I'm willing to pay more for figures done right.

4. Cost. I don't have a problem with some figures costing more. I also understand if you do a subscription you can spread the costs around a little more.

5. Availability. This kinda goes back to #2, but if a figure is intended to be an Army builder, make it available OR create a multi-pack. We need more Horde Troopers and more variety of snake warriors. I'd take 5 packs of both.
    Solid points, all, imho.

If I can be permitted to expand on this model:

(1) Character Selection: In Club Grayskull, play to your time commitment. Are you giving us one year? two? 6 figures? 12? Make every effort to make the line "complete," however you'd define that. Don't delay a key figure and then drop the line, leaving us without some important player.

In Classics, variant re-issues of incredibly popular figures (e.g., card-back Ram Man, a Fisto variant, etc.) would be welcome alongside the more obscure but fan-demanded characters (e.g., Lodar, Miro). A mini-comics line would likely be welcomed, with Lodar, the Mask of Power demons, mini-comic Trap-Jaw, mini-comic Teela, and so on.

Oh, and Snake Mountain!

(2) Seconded on the pre-orders + subscription options, and everything else.

(3) Beautiful figures are worth a bit more, but derpy eyes, a messed up face sculpt, and sloppy paint are really disheartening. Who wants that?

(4) Retail, pre-order, and subscription prices... we currently have a slight price incentive to order a subscription, and it would be nice to see something like that available to a lesser extent in pre-orders as well.

(5) Availability! Immediate sell-outs create an inflated secondary market that, while useful at times (oh hey, I can sell my extra King Grayskull and buy two figures I don't have?), can be incredibly frustrating ($200 for Ram-Man!?) -- limits for individual buyers and for retailers should be looked into. Obviously, pre-orders and subscriptions can help estimate demand, and it would be nice to be able to pre-order outside of a sub for non-exclusive figures.

That's all i've got. big tip o' the hat to Ash for the model.

Pre orders

MOTUC FILMATION MERMAN

WANTS:

-PRINCE ADAM Blue Vest, no leggings
    -80s mini comics TRAP JAW

-RA-JAR
    -Concept WITCH
    -HORDE MUMMY

-Filmation KOTHOS
    -Filmation COUNT MARZO
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    I'd very much like MOTUC continue, but with a focus on characters we haven't gotten yet at all. I can live without variants, especially if it opens up slots for the likes of the remaining NA characters, or Filmation characters like Melkatha or Kittrina or Dylamug. Or the minicomics, or powers of grayskull, etc...

I'd also like to see more vehicles. Especially the filmation attack trak, which was essentially a character in it's own right. Or the Basher.

Playsets would be nice, too. Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone, the Crystal Castle, the towers... Any of them would be welcome.

Oh, and a Slime Pit. MUST have a Slime Pit. Complete with "slime monster" parts that can be attached to figures

If we must have variants, I'd prefer they be kept to being bonuses with the vehicles and playsets.

But ultimately, I'd just like to see MOTUC continue. It's a fantastic line and it should go as long as humanly possible.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Currently on a quest to find the legendary and mythical collaborative comic artist

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Epic image from the mainpage news post.
    The Terror Aardvark is killing me.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 24, 2016 at 10:00pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

- Snake Mountain
    - Slime Pit He-Man
    - Karg
    - 87 movie figures
    - Creeping Horak
    Last edited by Wrestlor; July 24, 2016 at 11:34pm.

In addition to Hawke!

Please look at minicomics.

-Delora

-Rana

-Prince Dakon

-Garn

-Lodar

As well as minicomic variants

-Tri-Klops

-Trap Jaw

-Secret Liquid of Life Teela
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Easy choice, Terror Aardvark for MOTUC 2017!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Is super 7 going to work with the classics buck?

Whatever happens with the line I think Danielle articulated the point very well and I love the picture used.

One thing I would want if super 7 continues with the 3.75 inch line are figures that can ride mounts. A He-man that can't ride Battle-Cat is no He-man I want.

I'm pretty much done with Classics, unless doing a few reissues of like Fisto happens... Also, new company, new sub rules??? Shadow Weaver in Classics, or do her in the Filmation line.

Also, I agree, no new stuff just for the sake of it. Club Grayskull should get characters regardless of if they were done in Classics first or not, do them in CG. But, not before Mer Man and maybe Sorceress.

Basically as i said...for Classics I'm done, but make select reissues happen...I'll buy those. Whiplash, Fisto, Sorceress, Teela....etc.

And the aesthetics stay the same as established by Mattel in both lines. But...tighter joints, like Ankles...and also...boot cuts on Females with...boots???
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

First of all good luck Super 7.

My Top 15 figures I want to see.

1. Master Sebrian (New Adventures)
    2. Kittrina (Filmation)
    3. Slave Master (Filmation)
    4. Negator (Filmation)
    5. Dree Elle and Montork (Filmation)
    6. Sagitar (New Adventures)
    7. Melaktha (Filmation)
    8. The Game Master (Filmation)
    9. Queen Andreeno (200X)
    10. 200X Prince Adam
    11. Artilla (New Adventures)
    12. Slime Pit He-Man (Mini-Comics)
    13. Hawke (200X)
    14. The MYP giants (Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar)
    15. Fire Armor/Ice Armor Skeletor (200X)

Pre-orders would be nice.

I'll vote for pre orders too...

And count my vote for Negator, but I actually want him in the Filmation line since we have that now. Hell, in both lines.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Epic image from the mainpage news post:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...dvark_full.jpg

The Terror Aardvark is killing me.

You're Killin me smalls! That pic is sooooo true though. Please give us the guys to the right......