Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game! Winterfest 2017 Update

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I got the update yesterday. Been enjoying the snowy backgrounds.

I like the holiday advent calendar where you can unlock bonuses each day. I also really appreciate they have the x1, or x2, or x3 options on past days we missed where we can tap it, watch an ad, and it eventually unlocks the day after you watch the number of ads indicated so you can get the daily benefits you missed.

I also have fun time travelling each morning, then working my way up to level 500 so I can get the benefits on all three advent calendars. It doesn't take me too long now that I have all the artifacts for He-Man. I'm sure some of you have some savy ways to blast through the levels. For me, I just let Battle Cat fight, then check in periodically to level everyone up. Then I let Battle Cat fight again, wash, rinse, repeat. So at some point in the day, I'm up to 500+ on the board levels.

The update is simple, but fun! I like it.

So, for a guy like me who has yet to play in a tournament, does anyone have the holiday gear yet? helmet/armor/weapons? It's some fun, silly stuff. I wish I could get those items! but I just don't have time to play in any tournaments.
    You finally bit the bullet and started time traveling? Awesome!

Things go quickly after a while.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Picked up the new update yesterday too, needing to time travel frequently will be an interesting change.

I am running into a lot of bugs though -- I keep trying to watch the ads so I can collect the past days on the calendars but they don't work most of the time, and when they do work it usually doesn't register that I watched the ad so the number doesn't tick down. I have only successfully watched ads for 3 days/spots on two of the calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    You finally bit the bullet and started time traveling?
    I've been time travelling for quite a while. At some you kind of have to. Plus it gets boring if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Picked up the new update yesterday too, needing to time travel frequently will be an interesting change.

I am running into a lot of bugs though -- I keep trying to watch the ads so I can collect the past days on the calendars but they don't work most of the time, and when they do work it usually doesn't register that I watched the ad so the number doesn't tick down. I have only successfully watched ads for 3 days/spots on two of the calendars.
    Yeah, it's a bit buggy for me as well.
    Sometimes the ads locked up on the advent calendar.
    The other thing I noticed is it keeps muting the sound on the He-Man board every time I start back up the game after closing it.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The read permission request has me concerned...
    Didn't notice this before. Giving the app access to my pix/files/etc doesn't sound like a good idea.

Anyone have insights on this???

- - - Updated - - -

Came about with the update....havent played since....

I saw that, but it didn't bother me. So many apps have those same read permission requests, and I don't keep anything too important on my phone.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Fortunately, most of the early hiccups from the Christmas event settled down quickly (the continuing problems, and most in general, all seemed connected to bugs when certain ads ran). But I apparently have run into a new problem. I've checked multiple times today but the game has not offered any sign of the special "exclusive prize" that was mentioned in the press release for the Christmas event. Has this happened for anyone else?
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; December 26, 2017 at 01:05am.

I think that's the weapons and outfit you unlock once you hit 60 advent achievements.

Geez. Why the heck is it so hard to get past around level 2600 on either He-Man or She-Ra's game?
    And I'm pretty sure I need to hit level 3000 to unlock the last ethereal artifact.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I reach 2700 quite easily, but after that it's extremely tough. Guess you have to level up your artifacts like crazy to move on.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I reach 2700 quite easily, but after that it's extremely tough. Guess you have to level up your artifacts like crazy to move on.
    For me it's not too hard to get up to 2600/2700 on He-Man,
    but on She-Ra? GAH! Its' a struggle! And I have ALL the artifacts for both her and He-Man, except that one ethereal artifact, AND both are levelled up to the same levels on their artifacts. So I can't figure out why She-Ra's climb is so much harder.

But yeah, it's like hitting a wall around that point for both of them. I don't get why it becomes so hard. It's like the attack bonus isn't programmed to level up high enough once you round a new thousand mark on the heroes.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    For me it's not too hard to get up to 2600/2700 on He-Man,
    but on She-Ra? GAH! Its' a struggle! And I have ALL the artifacts for both her and He-Man, except that one ethereal artifact, AND both are levelled up to the same levels on their artifacts. So I can't figure out why She-Ra's climb is so much harder.

But yeah, it's like hitting a wall around that point for both of them. I don't get why it becomes so hard. It's like the attack bonus isn't programmed to level up high enough once you round a new thousand mark on the heroes.
    Similar. Though I'm able to get to like 28xx on He-man. I haven't played nearly as much on She-Ra lately.

I recall hearing some folks saying that they were making liberal use of the sacrifice maneuver to get to higher levels. but yes, the number of keys required to level the artifacts to a place where it matters is insane at that sort of "end game" stage.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Sacrifice is the only way I could start moving up with She-Ra.
    It was a constant process of hit sacrifice, then hit it again to watch a commercial for a fast reset on the action, then hit it again on the next villain. It's a pain in the rear.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    There's a new update available, with another three costumes to unlock. Haven't looked deeper into that, but the outfits look like they are related to Chinese New Year, or something similar.

I'm a bit tired of the many MotU-unrelated outfits. Some look nice and are fun. But really, I wish they would offer something like Prince Adam (blue vest, purple vest), Snake Armor He-Man, Laser Power He-Man... heck, even more "crazy" stuff like Preternia or King He-Man would be fine.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'm diggin' this one up.

I think it's safe to say this app won't get any more updates. I think the last update was right around a year ago. So, I'm hoping for some advice with the game as-is.

Does anyone else still play? I ask because I haven't done the tournaments in a long time, but do those even still work?
    The rewards were fun but I'm not sure they were all that beneficial.

I see the gift thing is still there where you can share your ID code with each other. If this still works, what exactly does it do? I've never posted my ID code because I wasn't sure there was a benefit.

Does anyone have advice on how to get farther than level 2850? I had to struggle to get there and it's like a brick wall getting beyond it. But, during tournaments back when I'd play them, I saw some people who would get all the way up to level 3000 and I'm like "How???"

He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game! Winterfest 2017 Update

I'm diggin' this one up.

I think it's safe to say this app won't get any more updates. I think the last update was right around a year ago. So, I'm hoping for some advice with the game as-is.

Does anyone else still play? I ask because I haven't done the tournaments in a long time, but do those even still work?
    The rewards were fun but I'm not sure they were all that beneficial.

I see the gift thing is still there where you can share your ID code with each other. If this still works, what exactly does it do? I've never posted my ID code because I wasn't sure there was a benefit.

Does anyone have advice on how to get farther than level 2850? I had to struggle to get there and it's like a brick wall getting beyond it. But, during tournaments back when I'd play them, I saw some people who would get all the way up to level 3000 and I'm like "How???"
    IIRC, there was a small prize for friending someone... gems or weapons or something.

I’ve seen folks at 3500 but I wonder if those folks got their artifact levels up before the key nerf (a looong while back). 2837 is apparently my highest, which i’m sure was in a tournament.

Tournaments are apparently still a thing, I just got a reward for one I played a while back, but no idea if they’re working.

My only advice is to time travel frequently, rack up those “days played” rewards, and dump keys into artifacts where there’s good return on investment. I’m sure at the level we’re at it’s a matter of maxing those artifacts. ...and a liberal use of sacrifice to go up in level, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    IIRC, there was a small prize for friending someone... gems or weapons or something.
    Is it something that can be done once a day?

I’ve seen folks at 3500 but I wonder if those folks got their artifact levels up before the key nerf (a looong while back). 2837 is apparently my highest, which i’m sure was in a tournament.
    What is the key nerf?

And thanks for the reply!

Is it something that can be done once a day?
    I don’t know if it ever worked as intended because I only got a reward once, if I’m remembering correctly

What is the key nerf?

And thanks for the reply!
    When the game initially launched, bosses dropped keys in far greater amounts, so it was much easier to level up artifacts. They reduced that after awhile, and it made the progression much slower. I always assumed folks that were hitting 3500 were folks that figured the game out before the key rewards were reduced. :-/

When the game initially launched, bosses dropped keys in far greater amounts, so it was much easier to level up artifacts. They reduced that after awhile, and it made the progression much slower. I always assumed folks that were hitting 3500 were folks that figured the game out before the key rewards were reduced.
    Innnnnteresting. I did not know that (or I ignorantly have not read that post earlier in this thread, for which I apologize if that info is there).

I wasn't really on top of leveling things up until much later in the game's existence. So, I missed that opportunity.

My artifacts are pretty high up in levels. I don't have the time to time travel and then get back up over level 2800. I know it would just take a day, but it's too much of a blackhole in my schedule while I'm trying to get life and work done.

So, I have to rely mostly on getting the key bonus every 5 days. I pick up close to 500K keys each time. But I'm at a point where I can't do much meaningful leveling up of artifacts because everything is already fairly high. That said, I'm also spreading the keys around evenly to each artifact.

Is there some trick to leveling up you can pass along?
    Meaning, are there select artifacts that one should dump all their keys into because it gives you big gains for getting past levels?
    And thanks!!!

Innnnnteresting. I did not know that (or I ignorantly have not read that post earlier in this thread, for which I apologize if that info is there).

I wasn't really on top of leveling things up until much later in the game's existence. So, I missed that opportunity.

My artifacts are pretty high up in levels. I don't have the time to time travel and then get back up over level 2800. I know it would just take a day, but it's too much of a blackhole in my schedule while I'm trying to get life and work done.

So, I have to rely mostly on getting the key bonus every 5 days. I pick up close to 500K keys each time. But I'm at a point where I can't do much meaningful leveling up of artifacts because everything is already fairly high. That said, I'm also spreading the keys around evenly to each artifact.

Is there some trick to leveling up you can pass along?
    Meaning, are there select artifacts that one should dump all their keys into because it gives you big gains for getting past levels?
    And thanks!!!
    If You’d be willing to revise your play strategy, I’d encourage something like: play five days to get the key bonus. Enter a tournament on a day when you can spend some downtime occasionally updating your masters... this will net you the time traveling keys. Spend the next few days getting back up to a reasonably high level, collect the key reward, do a tournament, repeat.

Tournaments reward with weapons and gems, potions, and medals. Gems can buy bonuses like fewer monsters per stage (faster leveling), &c., potions give a key bonus when time traveling, and medals can upgrade your sword for more damage, etc.

When it comes to upgrading, think about which artifacts directly contribute to achieving your goal.

I focused on this:

Because then I was more able to upgrade other artifacts. I then tried to get all the cool down extension and master damage artifacts leveled, because that meant I basically didnt have to tap anymore except like every 10 min or so, to restart battle cat and upgrade the masters.

If you’re getting 500k keys and spending them, you may already be at this point. Level 2850 is pretty high. But when I was playing more avidly, I’d just plug in the phone, start all my abilities (which I could get pretty quickly because of the time travel gold bonus from one of the artifacts) , and walk away and do other things for a bit.

Have you tried leveling with she-ra to unlock her special artifacts yet? Those seem to be quite potent as well.

Out of curiosity, what She-Ra characters/connections are there in the game now? When I first played it, She-Ra and Catra were in it and I think Imp too...have there been any others added? (In other words, is it worth a die-hard She-Ra fan playing?)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Out of curiosity, what She-Ra characters/connections are there in the game now? When I first played it, She-Ra and Catra were in it and I think Imp too...have there been any others added? (In other words, is it worth a die-hard She-Ra fan playing?)
    There’s a she-ra side to the game now, with she-ra acting like he-man, summoning swiftwind instead of battle cat, and with etherian locales appearing as stages. Unfortunately the rest of the great rebellion isn’t there, but you get leech, Mantenna, grizzlor, drag-stor, catra, Imp, and hordak showing up as bosses. And maybe shadow weaver?

There’s a she-ra side to the game now, with she-ra acting like he-man, summoning swiftwind instead of battle cat, and with etherian locales appearing as stages. Unfortunately the rest of the great rebellion isn’t there, but you get leech, Mantenna, grizzlor, drag-stor, catra, Imp, and hordak showing up as bosses. And maybe shadow weaver?

Ok, thanks. The Rebellion always gets shafted
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Widget
    Hi, I have a Question. I am at Level 3300 and have all artefacts except the last two ones, which gave me a Chance to spring over a stage which is Level 8 or 9. Does anyone know the stages they'll drop? (Sorry for my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by MotuWahn View Post
    Hi, I have a Question. I am at Level 3300 and have all artefacts except the last two ones, which gave me a Chance to spring over a stage which is Level 8 or 9. Does anyone know the stages they'll drop? (Sorry for my bad english)
    Dang! You're at battlefield 3300 on She-Ra and still don't have all the dimensional artifacts?
    You should have at least seven of the eight by now. I couldn't get past battlefield 2500 and still managed to get seven of the eight dimensional artifacts. I was assuming battlefield 3000 was where you got the last one.

The only stages you can't skip after you have all the dimensional artifacts are ones that end with 5 or 0.

Widget
    Oh sorry. I am at Level 3300 by He-Man. She-Ra is only 2.050. Didn't know, that the dimensional artifacts only drop by She-Ra. Thank you. So i can play She-Ra until I have the last two ones and He-Man for tournaments, right? There is no benefit in playing him over the 3300 Level?