Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game! Winterfest 2017 Update

I didn't realize you could do that! Great piece of advice. I have artifacts I don't use at all, so I'd be happy to trade them in and try my hand at something else.
    Thanks!!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Are there any DLC plans for the game? It would be good to start to see some additional characters appear, like Leech, Scorpia, Two Bad, King Hsss, etc. Plus, I'd love to see some variant to the available Masters (like see Moss Man, Man E Faces, etc included at some point.)

It would have been cool to get modifiers for He-Man to match some of the variant figures (Thunder Punch, etc.)
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Are there any DLC plans for the game? It would be good to start to see some additional characters appear, like Leech, Scorpia, Two Bad, King Hsss, etc. Plus, I'd love to see some variant to the available Masters (like see Moss Man, Man E Faces, etc included at some point.)

It would have been cool to get modifiers for He-Man to match some of the variant figures (Thunder Punch, etc.)
    All enemies are indistinguishable meat shields except for Skeletor who has occasional dialogue. New enemies and allies would just be for the purpose for new animations unless they change the game mechanics. Also there is no more room on screen for additional allies unless they give you the ability to swap out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    All enemies are indistinguishable meat shields except for Skeletor who has occasional dialogue. New enemies and allies would just be for the purpose for new animations unless they change the game mechanics. Also there is no more room on screen for additional allies unless they give you the ability to swap out.
    Thanks; I make games for a living, so I know how it works.

Does anyone know if there is any DLC planned for the game?
    Say cheese!!!

Thanks; I make games for a living, so I know how it works.
    I suspect he didn't know that about you. I didn't know it (or at least I don't talk to you enough to remember. Sorry). And I imagine most people here don't know that. So there's no reason to be salty about him providing information intended to help, and then repeating your question as though you are dismissing his post.

I mean no offense. It's just that your reply is a bit too blunt IMO. It's like "Whoa... what th-?!"
    Let's bring in the love!!

Does anyone know if there is any DLC planned for the game?
    Since it's an app game, if you are asking about extra content, please see my write-up on the main page of this site about the game. There's also a post early in this thread. I passed along what the company told me.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Sorry; I forgot that in today's world one must not say or do anything that just might possibly offend or hurt someone's feelings.

I'll go back and check out your review, Val.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I went back and I read through the articles / posts and I don't see mention of DLC. I see reference(s) to monetized content and the "go back in time to get keys so you can get stuff from Orko" feature (both of which I already knew.)

Does anyone know if there is downloadable content planned for the game?
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry; I forgot that in today's world one must not say or do anything that just might possibly offend or hurt someone's feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I went back and I read through the articles / posts and I don't see mention of DLC. I see reference(s) to monetized content and the "go back in time to get keys so you can get stuff from Orko" feature (both of which I already knew.)

Seems like not, doesn't it?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

"In addition, Animoca Brands plans to add more villains with future updates. And there are even MORE features in development, but Animoca Brands is keeping those under wraps for now."

Heroic Warrior

He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game (w/ Daniel Benedict teaser video)

This game can be very time-consuming and I think it all depends on what kind of artifacts you have to help you along. The problem is that every time you summon Orko for an artifact the number of keys to summon him the next time goes up. My next summon is currently at 800 keys! That's a lot of Time Travel that has to happen.

Getting the Goddess requires level "hh" money and the Sorceress requires level "oo" money?! Jiminy Christmas that's a lot of game play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attempting to unlock the Sorceress is where I've hit the wall. It took a long time for me to get Goddess. But, the oo coin to get Sorceress is way out there I'm just collecting ll level at the moment.

Think I'll let the app sit, have the heroes fight for a week on their own, and see what happens.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Attempting to unlock the Sorceress is where I've hit the wall. It took a long time for me to get Goddess. But, the oo coin to get Sorceress is way out there I'm just collecting ll level at the moment.

Think I'll let the app sit, have the heroes fight for a week on their own, and see what happens.
    I found the exact same to be true. Compounds exponentially after the Goddess. And that's about the point where things became less exciting for me as I had acquired all of He-Man's skills and Evolved Teela around this time as well and I had a clear idea there wasn't anything brand new to look forward to in the game's current form. I have Fisto and I'm about 4 money iterations away from Stonedar. It's a slogfest...probably going to wait for new content before I sink more time into it.

Chewer of Trollans
    I disagree with the idea of selling artifacts. Collecting them all or most and then leveling them up with more frequent, well-planned time travel makes the game so easy. My attack rate is 2000%ish right now before I even start. I leveled up the artifacts that make for more keys and gold first. The music box eludes me so far. I have a little more than half the artifacts, I think. It's a great game for multi-tasking. Also, I like some of the things it teaches my daughter (saving, balancing play, quick decision-making, patience, etc.). It's not the best game ever made, but it's all MOTU.

Even after reading the directions, the game feels very repetitive to me. Not sure I get why it is supposed to be fun with basically just tapping on the screen repeatedly, but I don't really play app games much. Star Wars Angry Birds and a couple others are about the extent of my game app playing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

That's exactly where I'm at. Took me forever to get Goddess. Sorceress seems like she'd take much longer to get. Maybe I'll do the same - just let my warriors do some work on their own for a while

Heroic Warrior
    So a couple things I just noticed:

- you can click on artifacts you don't have and see their status boosts
    - portrait frame colors for artifacts and allies will change colors over time as you upgrade them (bronze, silver, gold, etc)

Terrible game. I'd rather play Shaq-Fu than this mindless waste of time.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Has anyone figured out what it means to "Salvage an artifact" yet?

Chewer of Trollans
    Salvage an Artifact means sell it. Something I won't be doing. To max that reward you'd have to gather and then sell all artifacts.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Has anyone figured out what it means to "Salvage an artifact" yet?
    Pay gems to trade it back in return for the keys you invested into it for upgrades. Your overall keys are never actually depleted just held in artifacts until salvaging.

I'm short-termed hooked. I have three weak points for games. 1: Collections. 2: Customizations. 3: Characters. This game has number 1 in spades, and it gets number 3 by default because of the license. I wish it had number 2... The ability to customize my Masters would be so fun.

How would you add customizations to a game like this, where the primary gameplay loop is to grind until you can lock a new Master? Add embellishments to the Masters you already have. The Skelcons and Hover Robots have a few different color variations. Doing the same thing for the Masters would hook players into earning different colors and build color-themed teams or just freshen things up. Or maybe I'm the only one that would like that.

I don't have a problem tossing five to 20 bucks at a free to play game that I enjoy. I might get the coin doubler. I generally never spend real money on consumables, but it may be worth it here. There's a real irony to this new era of gaming where we pay to play LESS of them.

This game is no great work of art, I mean the name of the company that made it is something-or-other BRANDS. Never expect great things from a company with BRANDS or PRODUCTS or CONSUMER GOODS right in their name. But there is a bit of fun here, and it's fun to see new depictions of these characters.

One last note, it's funny that things are right out of Filmation like Clawful's design, but other things are toy based like Tung Lashor and Rattlor. Filmation Skeletor and MYP Adam. Canonizing the Skelecon (though shouldn't it be Skelcon?) as a mook. Just kinda cool.

I have no idea why I keep playing this game but I do keep coming back so they must have done something right.

I do find it funny that, story-wise, Skeletor cast this enlarging spell on Imp twice just so he could be a giant treasure chest.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Chewer of Trollans
    You don't lose the keys you used to evolve the artifact. But you do lose the keys you used to summon. And the summon charge rises at an unacceptable curve. It will probably be the thing that stops me from "finishing" the game.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    You don't lose the keys you used to evolve the artifact. But you do lose the keys you used to summon. And the summon charge rises at an unacceptable curve. It will probably be the thing that stops me from "finishing" the game.
    You do get your summoned keys returned. There is no way I would work to get all artifacts. Achievement bonus only goes to 30. I can see all their status and salvage until I get the ones I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of achievement bonuses, the gems you get in return at later levels is a joke. 50 gems I think is the max you get

Yeah, I'm at the point where I am needing gems to break down artifacts I don't like. And this is where they get'cha.

I've been able to keep myself interested in this game by setting little goals to myself. Right now my goal is to get everyone's DPS in the bb range, working from my most expensive master backward. I have Mekaneck unlocked and the next one is several orders of magnitudes more than I earn in a loop.

Check out Episode 1 of their new web series:

And click here to download the mobile game.