Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Baertsch's official designs and sketches for MOTU Classics

That design is an object of great beauty. Shows why the playset should not be scaled down. Our figures actually do need to be able to stand on the ledges, platforms and stairs.

So much good stuff here, but I just want to mention the breakaway wall. Inspired. How many times did He-man punch his way in or out of Snake Mountain?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I love the Filmation part of snake mountain. Not a fan of the toy version, but your art work is amazing. Love the plans for all the items you dreamed of it coming with.

I think using more 200x colors for it would have been amazing, but I will take whatever I can get when it comes to this.

The Roton was 100% perfect in everyway! Love the face on the front!
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Fantastic stuff Nate! Always a pleasure

This is so cool to see. We HAVE to get Snake Mountain at some point from Super 7!!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Excellent work!
    Loving this! *rightclicksave*
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The design of Snake Mountain is just amazing. I hope it does go into production. Even a Kickstart at some point.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Oh man, Nate, that's nasty! Before, I thought "oh, I don't have any place for another playset, and can't afford it anyway, so what". Now I want that Snake Mountain so much, after all!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Whoa! This rocks! Love the design.

I want to go to there.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Impressive work, my good friend! Your Castle Garyskull and Snake Mountain designs for Icon Heroes are my favorite versions of each of those fortresses. In fact, your version of Castle Grayskull is the same one I used for minicomics, and also for the poster with the cutaway we did together

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Nate! This is so incredibly amazing! I love all the detail and love that went into this. It just makes me want a Classics Snake Mountain all the more. Come on Super 7. Let's do this!
    Thanks for posting these awesome designs for all to see!
    Agree 100%
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Amazing!!!!
    Is not not licking toads

Great work, Nate! I will lay down cash money right now for a couple Snake Mountains. A lot of it. Right now!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Really like this kind of stuff. A lot! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Heroic Warrior
    Such a thing of beauty!!! This will be interminable misery if we don't get it now haha

Wow!!!

That is really impressive!! I like the bendy tentacles, that's a very cool "play" feature.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    I wasn't interested in spending so much money again on another beautiful dust catcher, but seeing that awesome interior design , i need it!!!

Amazing artwork as usual, Nate.

Absolutely gorgeous work on Snake Mountain.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I have one last request for you my friend... Please, together with the 4H,
    just try your best to convince Super7 to keep each & every elements shown on this awesome blueprint.
    Fans won't be able to face another frustration of that sort.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Hey all! Thank you so much for the responses, it's nice to see old and new friends in here commenting! You know who you are!

Listening to the recent RGD, there was a bit of talk around Quick Flick, so I'll keep it simple and post the chicken scratch I did for him!

What's funny, is as Axel and I were working on that mini comic issue 7 for Classics... Scott came to us to design something for the next issue that had Quick Flick featured in it. Scott sent a great drawing for us to start with, he can share that later if he'd like. It's pretty great!

He just told us he imagined a yellow Snakeman, with more of a Tyrannosaurus shaped head, and that he was an archer.
    So I got to work and did this!

Quick Flick.jpg

What's funny about this, is after I had done this, I was looking at Axel's designs again and saw that Quick Flick and Axel's Fangor are nearly identical in the body parts we re-used for these snake men!!! I promise that's how it went down. I must have subconsciously had Axel's Fangor in my head when I drew this scribble up!!! After the body, I then designed up his armor and his infamous bow.

It's crazy to think, with my infatuation with the Green Goddess, that I got to help design the villain that would turn Sharella into the Green Goddess... It all sorta came full circle!

Enjoy!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

It's neat, but I feel there's way too much part re-use with this guy. The vintage Snake Men did not recycle any previously existing MOTU molds.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Awesome Nate! I never considered the irony/poetic justice of you helping to design the villain whose attack resulted in Sharella being turned into the Green Goddess!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; January 6, 2017 at 10:23pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Nice designs! Snake Mountain looks particularly awesome. I hope Super7 is able to make it happen!

It's nice to see a version of Snake Mountain that actually has something in the interior (the vintage set was lacking in that regard).

Where the tentacles are coming out of the ground inside of it... is that supposed to be the portal or void (whatever it was called) that the Snakemen emerged from in the MYP series?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Where the tentacles are coming out of the ground inside of it... is that supposed to be the portal or void (whatever it was called) that the Snakemen emerged from in the MYP series?
    Nope. Although they could be used in that way for sure.
    That's my take on the monsters in the slime on the old sticker. The idea was the lizard/monsters would be little single cast pieces, and the tentacles are added from the sea monster that was in the Vengeance of Skeletor early mini comic. Eric and I went back and forth a little on whether or not the slime in the pit should be a clear cast piece that the monsters and tentacles just plugged into? Or if it was an open pit, and you'd get a can of slime for the pit! I wanted the slime, Eric wanted the practicality of a clear cast piece, figuring that most fans would rather keep slime off of their expensive figures. He's probably right. Who knows what Super7 will do with it?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Snakes are scary. How 'bout Kitten and Puppy Mountain? Skeletor could rule Eternia from his dark fortress of cuteness.