View Poll Results: Saw Guerrera - Thoughts

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love his character--he's a gritty addition to SW that makes the Rebel experience "more real."

3 27.27%
  • I loathe him--he's overly gritty to the detriment of the established narrative.

6 54.55%
  • Saw Guerrera? I don't even know who he is.

2 18.18%

Thread: STAR WARS: Saw Guerrera - Thoughts?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)

STAR WARS: Saw Guerrera - Thoughts?

So, for any of you who are Star Wars fans, I'm curious to see if I'm alone on something: what are your thoughts on the Saw Guerrera character?

Personally I cannot stand him, in any of his incarnations. The storyline involving him from the Clone Wars series--which I watched first-run, so this isn't a matter of hindsight--is hands-down my least favorite arc of that entire series.

I think it's because I really liked his sister, who struck me as the type of Rebel leader Adora might have been in a contemporary telling of that narrative, and the fact that he survived rather than her really irked me. Also, he was all ego even then.

Then came Rogue One, and I was experiencing a type of Star Wars-related agony I haven't felt since an infamous podracing seen.

The build-up to his appearance in the present day, perhaps because I had my lingering resent from Clone Wars, just filled me with an overwhelming sense of "I-don't-care" while they searched for him. I honestly kept checking my watch and couldn't get invested. And then, the moment he (thankfully) died, it was like someone flipped a switch and it finally became the movie it should have been from the start.

And lastly, there was his appearance on the mid-season return of Rebels...

UGH! What the hell, man? I'm no fan of Geonosians (or terrestrial bugs of any sort, really), but his willingness to torture and nearly wipe-out the last(?) of their kind--AWFUL!

My fear is that TPTB are trying to make him a "thing" in the Star Wars universe, like Boba Fett but with the gritty, dark junk of the type that makes savage-era He-Man fans and DC-lovers rejoice, but Filmation He-Man and Marvel fans (like myself) weep.

Thoughts?
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

I only know him from the Rogue One movie. That being said I can't honestly say what I think of the character Saw because I couldn't get past Forrest Whitaker's performance. He's seemed awful and overly forced. I'd much rather have seen someone relatively unknown for the character rather than someone like him. Because of that

I thought every scene with him made him look like a Star Wars version of the Godfather. He wasn't intimidating and had no charm. Was perfectly fine with his character not surviving.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I neither loved him nor loathed him in Rogue Squadron (the only place I know him from). I know they were trying to make him the Rebel version of Darth Vader (minus the Force powers) but he made no solid impact on me (positive or negative).
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I don't know him from anything but the movie, but honestly he served his purpose in the plot. Not a lot else to say about him; he wasn't a memorable side character I'd like to know more about, but for purposes of the movie he served his role.

I thought he was in the Clone Wars also?? Was he really in it or are they going to "force" him in...

FW is still looking for those Earth, Wind & Fire tickets from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I thought he was in the Clone Wars also?? Was he really in it or are they going to "force" him in...
    He's now made appearances in Clone Wars, Rogue One, and Rebels.
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

All of those characters I really didn't care for except Jynn Erso...Easy On The Eyes.....

And it was a rip off of Dark Forces....

I don't love him or hate him. He hasn't really made much impact on me one way or the other, like most of the rebel leaders (Bail Organa, General Dodonna, General Rieekan, etc).

I do appreciate him as a way of showing the lengths the rebels are willing to go to, and the grim realities of warfare, but I don't think he's the type of character we're supposed to like.

I like him. Not for the reasons listed in the poll, but because he shows the harsh side of the war and sets the Alliance proper as above that sort of action. That Cassian engages in some less-than-savory behavior at the film's start shows how desperate the Rebels had grown, even since parting ways with Saw and his band of fighters. I think he's a great addition, but nowhere near as iconic as Boba Fett, Vader, the Skywalkers, or even the members of Rogue One proper. He served his purpose, and I think it'd be fine of that's all we see of him.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    FW is still looking for those Earth, Wind & Fire tickets from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    yea!... that's right.. he's planning on taking his little brother...... he's a good lookin kid..

sorry couldn't resist...-love that movie
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!