Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

I should have my copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars tomorrow!

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to play Super Mario Galaxy again (for the 1,000th time! )

I cannot believe that this game is the second best-selling game of 2020... and it was just announced a couple of weeks ago!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    My wife has decided that she wants a switch for her birthday

I'd been holding off because I have so many retro games to play that I'll die of old age before I complete them. But if she wants a switch...who am I to argue?

So far none are available but hoping to see more in stores soon.
    I've seen the standard version sitting on the shelf at local Walmarts here and there recently. I haven't seen a Lite since the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've seen the standard version sitting on the shelf at local Walmarts here and there recently. I haven't seen a Lite since the pandemic.
    Ok that's interesting. I've only been looking at Walmart.com and they show no stock. Maybe I need to go visit a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Ah, I assume you will be playing those NES and SNES games through Nintendo Online Subscriptions? Have fun on the collection man.
    Oh no man I had a guy mod my NES mini and it now has over 16,000 games on it. I have 36 different consoles like the NES, SNES Genesis, Playstation 1, Neo Geo, and every arcade game up through about 1997.

There are SO MANY RPG's I want to play I will never finish.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

Oh no man I had a guy mod my NES mini and it now has over 16,000 games on it. I have 36 different consoles like the NES, SNES Genesis, Playstation 1, Neo Geo, and every arcade game up through about 1997.

There are SO MANY RPG's I want to play I will never finish. [/QUOTE]

Ah... LOL, I thought you're going to take the advantage of the membership perk from Switch Subscriptions.

-------------

For you Monster Hunter lovers, We've got some great for you.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

So I've been playing a bunch of Super Mario 3D All Stars and, overall, I like the package.

For me, Super Mario 64 is the best game in this set. It has a crisp, up-scaled resolution that runs at a constant 30 fps. The difference between this version and the original is night and day.

Super Mario Sunshine is probably the worst game in the collection. (And not just because I've never really liked this game.) Yes, it runs in 1080p and looks fantastic, but it has no GameCube controller support (??) and the camera controls aren't reversible!?!

Now, one of my all time favorite games (not just SMB games) is Super Mario Galaxy. I was really looking forward to this conversion, and in some respects it is absolutely beautiful. It runs at a solid 60 fps in 1080p! BUT, Galaxy has always been a game about immersion and control, and sadly, neither the Joy-Cons nor Pro Controller can emulate that special feeling of the WiiMote and Nunchuck... it just feels very awkward and keeps you from being absorbed into the experience.

I will, of course, play all of these to completion, but my pick for best game in the collection goes to Mario 64 (even with the wonky aged camera mechanics...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!