Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

It's official, Nintendo is celebrating Mario's 35th Anniversary in style!

I've already been playing the SNES All-Stars on Switch and I have the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection pre-ordered, but I'm very curious about the Mario Kart Home Circuit!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I've got the 3D All-Stars preordered as well. I don't know why Nintendo is saying that it's going to be limited edition. Why not let it be available all the time like the rest of their games.

I'm also looking forward to more details about Mario Kart. I can't imagine that it'll be cheap. Those karts with the cameras on them will probably cost a pretty penny. Plus, my home is mostly carpeted. How do they work on carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've got the 3D All-Stars preordered as well. I don't know why Nintendo is saying that it's going to be limited edition. Why not let it be available all the time like the rest of their games.

I'm also looking forward to more details about Mario Kart. I can't imagine that it'll be cheap. Those karts with the cameras on them will probably cost a pretty penny. Plus, my home is mostly carpeted. How do they work on carpet?
    I am curious about this as well...

The main floor of my home is hardwood, but the basement, i.e. man-cave/display rooms/game center is carpeted.

Also, I didn't see this until today:

New Amiibo!!

Not a single word about Super Mario 3d World expansion?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Not a single word about Super Mario 3d World expansion?
    I played the Wii U version to death!!

But, I will definitely be picking this version up because it has true online multiplayer! (Plus, whatever the Bowser expansion is going to be...)

The Switch version of 3D World will retail for $59.99

The Mario Kart Home Circuit will run $99.99 and comes with both Mario and Luigi RC Cars and pieces to build different tracks (kind of like the Labo stuff...)

The Mario Game & Watch will be $49.99... over-priced IMO...

Opted to grab the Mario All Stars myself, even if I'm not the biggest Mario fan (Sonic Forever!). But I've never played these three games, and I'm always up for an adventure

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a combination of wanting to make sure they sell their stock along with a desire to promote downloadable games more. They do get nothing from the secondary market after all, and cartridges are more expensive to make than a download.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Opted to grab the Mario All Stars myself, even if I'm not the biggest Mario fan (Sonic Forever!). But I've never played these three games, and I'm always up for an adventure

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a combination of wanting to make sure they sell their stock along with a desire to promote downloadable games more. They do get nothing from the secondary market after all, and cartridges are more expensive to make than a download.
    I have a lot of the Sonic games on my PS3 and even a Sonic t-shirt but I always kind of prefered the Mario games.

Still interested in getting a Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I have a lot of the Sonic games on my PS3 and even a Sonic t-shirt but I always kind of prefered the Mario games.

Still interested in getting a Switch.
    Supposedly a new, beefier one is coming out next year.

So between a PS5 or the newer Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    So between a PS5 or the newer Switch.
    I rather hope that is the biggest problem 2021 presents us. It'll be a welcome relief.

I am still interested with Sonic Forces, I just hope Sega would get their heads together and reviving their former glory like Sonic Adventures and Colors/Generations.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Opted to grab the Mario All Stars myself, even if I'm not the biggest Mario fan (Sonic Forever!). But I've never played these three games, and I'm always up for an adventure.

Holy Smokes! You are in for a treat!!

Mario 64 single-handedly invented the modern 3D platform game. To this day, it still plays like a dream and has a certain charm that brings me back again and again.

Mario Sunshine... to me, this is the black sheep of the 3D SMB family. It's a decent game, but doesn't feel as polished as a proper Mario title should. (Plus, getting all of the Shines in this one felt like more of a chore than a treat...)

Now, Super Mario Galaxy is one of my all time favorite games - ever! I have played through this game more times than I care to share, and I'm still looking forward to doing it all over again!! I'm just sad that you didn't get to experience it when it first hit the Wii back in 2007... ah, one of the BEST Christmases EVER!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am still interested with Sonic Forces, I just hope Sega would get their heads together and reviving their former glory like Sonic Adventures and Colors/Generations.
    Well, if you enjoyed Sonic Adventure, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations... then, I can guarantee you will like Sonic Forces!

I wish that Sega continued to support Forces through more DLC...

The Steam version runs like a dream too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Well, if you enjoyed Sonic Adventure, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations... then, I can guarantee you will like Sonic Forces!

Don't worry, I'm all up for Mania 2, especially with Tee Lopes, and how the Star/Retro Engine works. AND THAT'S LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, IS A PROPER SEQUEL

do you think NoA and Nintendo Japan will heed our voices to give us bundle for Galaxy 1 & 2? or just big Galaxy bundle but with like Starcraft & Brood War type of style?

Make sure to download episode Shadow too with the game (it should be free). Its only four levels long but it's a blast, especially the attack on Eggman's base.

Maybe Sega will take a page out of Nintendo's book (again) and release updated versions of their Adventure games as part of the celebration.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Holy Smokes! You are in for a treat!!

Mario 64 single-handedly invented the modern 3D platform game. To this day, it still plays like a dream and has a certain charm that brings me back again and again.

Mario Sunshine... to me, this is the black sheep of the 3D SMB family. It's a decent game, but doesn't feel as polished as a proper Mario title should. (Plus, getting all of the Shines in this one felt like more of a chore than a treat...)

Now, Super Mario Galaxy is one of my all time favorite games - ever! I have played through this game more times than I care to share, and I'm still looking forward to doing it all over again!! I'm just sad that you didn't get to experience it when it first hit the Wii back in 2007... ah, one of the BEST Christmases EVER!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sunshine. That was the one where Mario gets easily framed for trashing a resort, right? Despite him being the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom for multiple games.

Hopefully the games port well to Switch. I've had way too many porting disasters of old favorites

I never play 3d Mario before in my life, at least legitimately from what I've heard that Sunshine was an ugly duckling diamond in the rough for the Mario series right?

I never play 3d Mario before in my life, at least legitimately from what I've heard that Sunshine was an ugly duckling diamond in the rough for the Mario series right?
    That's what I heard, but it's one of my favorites.

That's what I heard, but it's one of my favorites.
    Man, I am so out of touch on early Fifth to early 7th generation 3d games, I only played like Soccer games (Demand with friends), Metal Gear Solid 1 and Ultimate Alliance series (1 & 2) for 3d. But I only dabble on 2d stuff until the Indie Market exploded with Metroidvania and other Platformer or Run n Gun games.

If I had to choose my absolute favorite Mario game... it would be a toss-up between Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2...

Super Mario World was my favorite. Loved the introduction of Yoshi and the cape feather for Mario.

Super Mario World was my favorite. Loved the introduction of Yoshi and the cape feather for Mario.
    Yeah, I would prefer cape feather powerups more than anything else, but the Tanooki Mario can exploit a lot of good levels in Super Mario Maker series. To be honest? Other than Beach Koopa and detachable koopa shell? I believe the significant thing in SMW was the rotatable block, I thought that was a genius move and change the gameplay a little.

Another Nintendo awesome-bomb was dropped!

I'm totally psyched for this one!!

I'm a big "warriors" game fan, especially the licensed IPs like One Piece...

Plus, we finally get to properly play as the Champions of Hyrule!! YES!

Not too shabby Nintendo... first, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, then Pikmin 3, followed by Super Mario 3D Collection, and now Zelda: Age of Calamity... and more SSBU DLC on the way to boot!

This just keep coming nicely. Congratulations Nintendo.... it just what Ninten-DO

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...s-602591.phtml

My wife has decided that she wants a switch for her birthday

I'd been holding off because I have so many retro games to play that I'll die of old age before I complete them. But if she wants a switch...who am I to argue?

So far none are available but hoping to see more in stores soon.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

I'd been holding off because I have so many retro games to play that I'll die of old age before I complete them. But if she wants a switch...who am I to argue?

So far none are available but hoping to see more in stores soon.
    Good luck.

I got lucky and bought my Switch JUST before the craziness started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

Ah, I assume you will be playing those NES and SNES games through Nintendo Online Subscriptions? Have fun on the collection man.

If you're going back to the Super Mario stuff? I believe you can get the SNES All star again or just buy Super Mario Maker 2 series.