Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Where do you check the completion? and is there a way to check how many shrines you have left?
    The completion percentage will show up after you beat Gannon. As far as the shrines, the loading screen shows how many you have done. There are a total of 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    10/26/2017 New York Morning

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/10/26/s...-kotaku-review

and of course: Odyssey broke down Metacritics as everyone looking forward for this game.
    Wow!

Breath of the Wild is almost unanimously considered perfect, and now Nintendo drops this masterpiece - in the SAME YEAR!

I've never been ashamed of my Nintendo fanboyism, and this is the exact reason why. The big N gets harped on all the time for their "wacky" choices in hardware, but it just goes to show, Nintendo is the epitome of electronic fun. They have the uncanny ability to combine classic and advanced in the same package, all while maintaining the tight, fun, polished, and memorable games we will remember to our last days - and that our grandchildren will still be playing.

I am sooooo excited to see what is in store for Nintendo in the near future! They have already delivered on a big Zelda adventure, now what appears to be a cant-miss Mario epic, and they have announced a brand-new Metroid and Kirby for 2018!! I can't wait for news of a new Donkey Kong and Smash bros. games to land! #superexcitedforextremenintendoawesomness

Switch... not just the name of the console, but a nice mindset as well!

On a related note: Super Mario Run recently had a huge update... if you haven't played it in a while, I would suggest loading it up again - it continues to amaze me how fun this game is! Now with a new world, a new character and a completely new mode of play!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Simply. Unbelievable.

Heroic Warrior
    Almost done with the sand kingdom.

I'm glad that the Moons are relatively easy to find. games are so much more fun when you don't need a walk through handy.

It's nice to see that the graphics finally match those of the commercial and game boxes. I can't help but wonder if the next 3DS will match it in terms of graphic power so it can all be backwards compatible.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/pricing/

Here's the membership for you Switchers folks. 34.99 for 12 month membership up to 7 people in one plan. I'm thinking about Jack, and Dorrmann for the family to enjoy online content.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I'm pretty excited about the online features!

I'm debating on the NES Switch controllers too.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm pretty excited about the online features!

I'm debating on the NES Switch controllers too.
    I knew after the premature sellout of NES mini, they would bring about quarter or half of the library into switch. But I didn't expect to have NES joy con controller at all. that was a brand new but I kinda predicted about this.

If I do have switch, I don't know if I want to spent 60 dollars for a great better nostalgic exclusive, just the price that bugging me :P

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I knew after the premature sellout of NES mini, they would bring about quarter or half of the library into switch. But I didn't expect to have NES joy con controller at all. that was a brand new but I kinda predicted about this.

If I do have switch, I don't know if I want to spent 60 dollars for a great better nostalgic exclusive, just the price that bugging me :P
    The old-school controllers are a cool novelty, but I agree that the price is a bit steep. I'll be fine if the pro controller is compatible with the NES software.

The thing I really like about the NES library is the added online features and multiplayer! Plus, the fact that all save and progress info can be saved to the cloud is awesome.

Oh yeah, and a little game called Luigi's Mansion 3!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The thing I really like about the NES library is the added online features and multiplayer! Plus, the fact that all save and progress info can be saved to the cloud is awesome.
    I heard rumors that Nintendo will erase their cloud save once your subscriptions expired.

Heroic Warrior
    wouldn't surprise me.

One reason why i don't know why anyone trusts cloud. it's not that hard to get addition computer storage and back it up locally.

If we subscribe to download the games and cancel the service, do we still have access to the games?

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    wouldn't surprise me.

One reason why i don't know why anyone trusts cloud. it's not that hard to get addition computer storage and back it up locally.
    While I love the Switch overall, it is REALLY stupid in this regard. There is no way (at least not without using hacking methods or the like) to back up your data locally. It's all stored on the internal memory of the system. Even if you put in a microSD card for additional data space, while many downloaded games and/or add-on content will save to the SD card, the actuale game save/progress data is stored on the system's internal memory, and there is no option at all to copy it and back it up to the micro SD card. You actually can't even copy the actual games, themselves, back and forth either (though for those on the card, in theory you should be able to copy them to another card).

Basically the cloud will be the only way to back up save data as a precaution in case something happens to your system. And that's for the games that will be allowed to have the data backed up to the cloud. Some games won't allow for it (Splatoon 2 being one of them).

I'm also not at all thrilled with how they are handling the NES games. Based on the information coming out, there is no option to actually buy the individual games like you would any other game currently in the E-shop. Instead, you only have "access" to them with the subscription. You do download them to the system, but information that has come out since their recently Nintendo Direct presentation has revealed that even if you download it to the system and your subscription is still valid, if you are disconnected from the internet for more than 7 days, the game is disabled or deleted and you can't play it until you reconnect. Granted, while this won't be an issue most of the time, there will be occasions where that could be a problem, and honestly it is stupid on sheer principle. Just sell me the damn games.

I'm on the fence about this subscription. Honestly the only thing that is tempting me to get it is the cloud saves for the games that allow for it. I'm concerned on losing my data for Breath of the Wild should something happen to my system. But I also hate that because I feel like my data is being held hostage unnecessarily as a means for them to sell this service. It's ridiculous.

In many respects, I consider the Switch to probably be Nintendo's best system since the SNES. But this type of crap really knocks it down a few notches.

Well, I signed up. There really is no way I couldn't seeing as how I'm addicted to Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate is right around the corner...

I am debating on the classic NES controllers though... $60 is a lot of money for them, so I'm not sure why they are listed as a "special offer for subscribers only..." though, I am looking forward to the free Splatoon gear coming in October.

So my wife and I both have Nintendo accounts and use the same console Would we have to but the family plan if we both wanted access to the NES games?

So my wife and I both have Nintendo accounts and use the same console Would we have to but the family plan if we both wanted access to the NES games?
    I only bought the individual online plan... but, I still have to sign in under my individual account and access the Nintendo Online from the homescreen. So, I'd imagine that if you bought a plan and your wife did not, only your profile would be granted access to the online library/content...

Also, the NES games play really well and the pro-controller works just fine. I haven't played any of multiplayer yet, but the options are pretty nice (couch co-op, online, video options, music, etc..) Plus, saving is a breeze and there is virtually zero load/wait times.

Now, they just need to expand the library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now, they just need to expand the library!
    Read my go to site that they're in queue for another 3 games.

I don't think you will need another set of yearly sub if you're playing it locally with the same device. Kinda like Steam's family sharing, and I hope it have some family sharing.

I read a rumor this morning that Nintendo is planning an upgraded Switch model for 2019.

I read a rumor this morning that Nintendo is planning an upgraded Switch model for 2019.
    Larger joy-cons and more internal memory would be two of my suggestions...

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status...36450313433095

Holy ish.

Resident Evil on Switch

Gonna get it for Christmas.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    having fun with yoku's island express. a game i'm surprised hasn't been done by nintendo yet. feels first party.

all but finally finished mario's oddysey. not a bad re imagining of mario.

Zelda, on the other hand, feels like a total dud. there is nothing I hate more than wandering around doing nothing WAITING for something to happen. then hoping you don't die so you have to back track.

At least Skyward sword, once you got past the controls, was super fun. and felt more like a merge of zelda and mario in places.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Zelda, on the other hand, feels like a total dud. there is nothing I hate more than wandering around doing nothing WAITING for something to happen. then hoping you don't die so you have to back track.
    Technically, that's what the Zelda hardcore fans want, exploring than relying on maps or hud to find quests. That's why those HC folks lay their gaming time more than 300 hours.

Here's the final Super Smash Bros Ultimate Nintendo Direct video:

Wow.... I mean, seriously. Did these guys even take a break after SSB Wii U/3DS??

There is so much content in this game that it's not even out yet and it's bursting at the seams... plus, they revealed DLC?!? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Two things that matters for Switch.

Ultimate Alliance 3 was a big surprise for me! And even more surprising is that it's a Switch Exclusive!!

I played through the original UA1 & 2 multiple times, and the more recent PS4 updates, so I am really excited for this.

Plus, it doesn't look like any of Marvel's characters are off-limits like they were in Lego Marvel Superheroes 2!

- - - Updated - - -

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has landed!!!!

It looks like Nintendo has another BEAST on their hands! And it seems like the holiday season will, once again, belong to the Switch!

https://www.destructoid.com/review-s...e-532682.phtml

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/..._bros_ultimate

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12...ltimate-review

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/...-clash-reunion

Don't forget the first DLC they announced yesterday: Joker from Persona 5 as one part of their DLC plans.